Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Biorn the Viking
Biorn the Viking
Consumers who would much rather go for the basic set but afraid of the low storage space for the WiiU rest assured. Reggie has you covered. Reggie confirmed WiiU memory could be expanded with flash or external hard drives.

WiiU Press Event: WiiU Memory Expandable With Flash & External Hard Drives Wii-u-blowout-schedule-guesses

"You can plug in a full-on three terabyte hard drive if you want. I'll love you as a digital consumer".

"The reason we did it that way is that the cost of that type of storage memory is plummeting. What we didn't want to do is tie a profit model to something that's gonna rapidly decline over time. We'll let the consumer buy as much as they want, as cheaply as they want".

Sony already has this implemented into their PlayStation 3 consoles where users can connect external hard drives for expanded memory. Definitely a good idea for Nintendo to support this.

Source: Click here

Comments

NINTENBRO
Yes Brion the Viking, it was a very good idea for Nintendo to support this. Not everyone is into downloadable software as much as everyone else is, so customers won't be forced to pay for something extra that they don't need nor desire. WiiU Press Event: WiiU Memory Expandable With Flash & External Hard Drives 631737971

Last edited by Nintenbro on September 13th 2012, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous
This is nice to know! I love you
KingreX32
this is great. If not for the Wii SD card menu update i would have had to delete somuch wiiware games. Wii wasseriously lacking in memory. so this is good news
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
Well it's about time Nintendo has hard drive space on one of their system's.
Komicturtle
I'll be using my 750GB HDD for my WiiU Smile
Akatsuki
Komicturtle wrote:I'll be using my 750GB HDD for my WiiU Smile
Prinny
NINTENBRO
Akatsuki wrote:
Komicturtle wrote:I'll be using my 750GB HDD for my WiiU Smile
Prinny

Yeah, isn't that a little bit of an overkill my friend? I'm guessing you're converting to become a completely digital type of consumer?
Komicturtle
Not completely. I've had this HDD for like 2 years. Haven't used it much except for my brother's X360. Thinking about it, I may not have to buy a 2TB HDD like I was planning (Reggie suggested 3TB).

I know I'm defo getting MH3Ultimate and SSBB4 as digitals.
KingreX32
theres nothing wrong with morethan enough. Ive got a 16 gig SD in my DSi
Staroceancrazy
The only downside about this is the fact that you can end up spending half your time with nothing to do because of updates like PS3 owners have to deal with pale
Otaku
That's a whole lotta possible memory Very Happy
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)