Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Biorn the Viking
Biorn the Viking
The WiiU version of Ghost Recon Online has been put on hold indefinitely as Ubisoft concentrate their development team on perfecting the PC version.

Ghost Recon Online - WiiU Version Put On Hold Ghost-Recon-Online-Classes

"As of right now, the entire Ghost Recon team is focused on the PC version only," Sanders revealed. "The Wii U version is on hold."

"If in the future we have an opportunity to address it again, we'll make future announcements. But as of right now we're focused completely on the PC version."

"It's not a reaction to anything specific happening to [Wii U]," he continued. "It was a really fun, cool platform to develop for. But you realise once you launch an online service that it's an all-consuming effort, so we really wanted to have all hands on deck. It was the same dev team working on both SKUs, and [we] really wanted to focus on doing the PC version right."

"I'm not really in a position to talk about the Wii U, but our particular choice for Ghost Recon Online was purely based on the fact that we had one dev team working on both SKUs and it was an all-consuming effort with the PC launch. It's tough launching an online game."

Ubisoft has not officially cancelled the game as yet, therefore it could potentially be released sometime in the future.

"It's hard to say how the future will go for Ghost Recon Online," he continued. "I think in the future as different platforms evolve towards service models and towards being really online-driven, community-driven platforms, then we'll definitely be looking at what our options are."

To check out the full article, click here

Comments

KingreX32
September 6th 2012, 7:23 amKingreX32
god dammit.
gamerace
September 6th 2012, 7:30 amgamerace
While I understand thier logic, it's not a good sign.
KingreX32
September 6th 2012, 9:48 amKingreX32
the same thing happened with metro last light. TheyWanted to focus on the other platforms.

https://www.wiiwarewave.com/t2170-metro-last-light-for-wii-u-not-confirmed-anymore
gamerace
September 6th 2012, 11:08 amgamerace
My guess is both of these have to do with the recent NDP survey. Likely NDP reported initial interest in WiiU is lower than expected and so resources are being redeployed.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)