Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
What was the last game you beat?Today at 10:01 pmKeAfan7What Have You Been Playing Lately?July 19th 2024, 10:17 pmKokorOtakuYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)July 19th 2024, 10:14 pmKokorOtakuNews: Two HUGE NSO Updates Have Dropped This Month With A Whopping 10 Games In-Total!!July 13th 2024, 1:45 pmKokorOtakuThe Legend of Zelda Creative Designs TopicJuly 1st 2024, 12:18 pmStaroceancrazy

Why is the eshop already losing steam?

+3
Sneaker
RyanNerdyGamer
Aqua Cherry Blossom
7 posters
Go down
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

Why is the eshop already losing steam? Empty Why is the eshop already losing steam?

August 25th 2012, 12:19 pm
The Nintendo Wii Shop usually got 3-4 games a week until a few years ago, but the eshop usually only gets 1 new game and a couple weeks we've had nothing at all released on the service.
Why can't Nintendo keep their digital services from failing like this?

I know the economy is bad, but digital releases don't require much money to develop so why is such a new service struggling so badly already?
Don't get me wrong I love the service, but I just don't understand why the eshop is already seeing fewer releases after only a year and a couple months.

Why is the eshop already losing steam? D9qgr310

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846
Anonymous

Why is the eshop already losing steam? Empty Re: Why is the eshop already losing steam?

August 25th 2012, 12:25 pm
I noticed too, but it's probably just a slow period right now.
The games that were being developed before the 3DS was released have now all been released so it'll slow down for awhile until the next wave of eshop games are finished being developed. Smile
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

Why is the eshop already losing steam? Empty Re: Why is the eshop already losing steam?

August 25th 2012, 3:27 pm
I look forward to whatever gaming gems get released. Hopefully we get Mole Mania soon, since it's such a fun little puzzler. Smile

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
Sneaker
Sneaker
Admin

August 25th 2012, 4:26 pm
I never understood why it's such a big problem that there is only one or two games a week (3DSWare, 3DS VC, DSiWare). It's not like you buy 3 to 4 games a week, let alone finish them. And then there are retail games.

It's better when they spread it out over more weeks. This gives people more time to finish and buy the games instead of picking just one out of four. If you release with a pace of five games a week, they will be out of good games very soon and then everyone is going to complain about the lack of good games or just the lack of games in general.
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

August 25th 2012, 5:12 pm
Yeah people arnt going to buy 4 games a week let alone Finnish them, heck I have over 200 unfinished games, I really need to cut back

August 25th 2012, 6:14 pm
Agree I dont buy VC games every week either when I beat one of my games than I buy an eShop game. Thats probably the same idea they have. Give people time to enjoy their purchases. Also I think that this week and last week was a slow eShop week cause of the release of NSMB2.
DarkGeon
DarkGeon

August 26th 2012, 1:49 am
Well I'd like to say it's just a slow period - but the eShop has never had more than 1 VC and 1 eShop game in one week as far as I can remember. I know they dont need 3-4 games a week, but when they cant offer at least 1 VC game a week - it's concerning.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

August 26th 2012, 11:50 am
I agree that there should never be a no release week for any eshop category, but one Virtual Console, one 3DSware, and one digital retail game a week during weeks that have a retail download seems reasonable since some people like Virtual Console more, while others like 3DSware more. A setup like this should make everyone happy and would be a good way to spread out releases without angering gamers. Wink

Why is the eshop already losing steam? 19654

Why is the eshop already losing steam? 87457210

Why is the eshop already losing steam? Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)