Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written by: KingreX32

WiiU will have “Accomplishments” System Wiiufeatured

With the seventh generation of consoles many things became new standards for the gaming industry; things like HD Gaming, Online Gaming, and 1080p output, DLC and accomplishments. Accomplishments and Trophies were featured on the Xbox 360 and PS3 (respectively) and advanced a players gamerscore based on how many achievement points players were able to earn. Nintendo on the other hand included no such system in the Wii. If developers wanted they had to make their own system for individual games.

Back in June Nintendo President of America, Reggie Fils Amie confirmed in an interview with Kotaku that the WiiU would have an achievement feature and that it would be “developer driven”. Basically gaming developers have the option of putting WiiU achievements in their games but will not be forced to. Well at least one developer is taking advantage of this feature.

WiiU will have “Accomplishments” System Wii-U-Accomplishments

In a leaked picture from Slightly Mad Studios official forums show a few of the achievements/trophies that will be included in their upcoming game Project Cars. Among them are something called WiiU Accomplishments. It looks like the WiiUs Achievement/Trophy system will be called Accomplishments, the Nintendo 3DS uses something similar but it is limited to the Streetpass app. Apart from the interview back in June there has been no new information from Nintendo on this feature.

Read also: Should WiiU have Trophies/achievement

Source: WiiUdaily

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

WiiU will have “Accomplishments” System Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
August 23rd 2012, 5:21 pmKokorOtaku
I bet 3DS will get them like the miiverse
Komicturtle
August 23rd 2012, 10:04 pmKomicturtle
I think Challenges would have been a better name but w/e. It works. Though, I probably won't go crazy over these Accomplishments.
KeAfan7
August 24th 2012, 11:17 amKeAfan7
I just hope developers won't use accomplishments as a means to easily extend the amount of gameplay instead of focusing on actual content. Too many Xbox 360 and PS3 games are way too short 5-10 hours for an adventure game, under 20 hours for an RPG are just unacceptable to die-hard gamers that enjoy epic RPGS and adventure games.
KingreX32
August 24th 2012, 9:04 pmKingreX32
Im intrested in seeing what the developer come up with.
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
August 25th 2012, 11:05 amRena Ryuugu Fanboy
Meh I'm not interested in silly things like achievements.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
August 25th 2012, 11:51 amAqua Cherry Blossom
I don't care one way or another achievements are just "there" in my opinion lol. Razz
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)