Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written By: KingreX32

Injustice developer stumped by WiiU Injusticegodsamongus

The WiiU may be a great Console, but it seems that it’s not all that great with fighting games. In an Interview with The Verge , Mortal Kombat Creator Ed boon explains some issues NetherRealms has been having with the WiiU controller.

“We’re obviously going to have some conversation about the Wii U’s unique controller and how to use it in a fighting game that’s not just a gimmick. I don’t want to just have a touchscreen that shows all the secret moves and you just press them to fire them off. Thankfully the game isn’t out until next year, but it’s certainly not something that we’ve cracked yet.”

And Injustice isn’t the only game; Tekken Producer Katsuhiro Harada has almost the same things to say about the WiiU Gamepad,

“Looking at the small screen and the big screen at the same time is pretty distracting for a fighting game,"

As disheartening as it is to hear that Developers are having trouble properly integrating the WiiU Gamepad let me remind you that there is still the WiiU Controller Pro. As a gamer I think the Pro Controller would be a better fit for fighting games; for games like that you need to move your fingers fast, pushing a button too late could end up in a lose.

The WiiU Gamepad may be Comfortable to hold but its big and clunky, it’s not really designed for games like these. That’s My Opinion anyways. The Way I see it Options would be nice, if developers could find away to integrate both controllers into the game that would also be awesome.

Injustice Gods Among us hits store shelves early 2013.

Trailer

Source Gamezone

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Injustice developer stumped by WiiU Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
July 20th 2012, 3:47 pmKeAfan7
It looks like the Wii U isn't particularly popular with game developers. Neutral
Marioman18
July 21st 2012, 11:07 pmMarioman18
Nintendo needs to step up their efforts to keep third party support for the WiiU through the console's entire life cycle victory
Aqua Cherry Blossom
July 22nd 2012, 11:38 amAqua Cherry Blossom
Nintendo knows how to irk third party game developers, but I still love them. Smile
Clαππαd
July 22nd 2012, 12:09 pmClαππαd
There are some game genres that just won't work very well with the Wii U controllers and the fighting genre is one such genre.
KingreX32
July 22nd 2012, 5:30 pmKingreX32
indeed
gamerace
July 22nd 2012, 6:46 pmgamerace
It was the same with Wii motion controllers. Greatly enhanced some experiences (sandbox games, sports games) had no use in others (fighters, RPGs).

The second screen will be great for some gameplay types (RPGs, Zelda) and butt useless for others. But WiiU at least gives options, use the Classic Pro or Wiimote/Nunchuk instead where needed.
Chrono_Cross
July 22nd 2012, 8:33 pmChrono_Cross
But it has potential.

Just because you can't think of a worthwhile gimmick right off the bat, doesn't mean you should dismiss the controller and console altogether. I'm sure if these guys can't come up with something neat, another developer will.
KingreX32
July 26th 2012, 6:04 pmKingreX32
Still I dont think the Gamepad will be a good fiy for fighting games.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)