Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Sneaker
Sneaker
Admin
During the Ubisoft show, there was quite some Wii U news.

It all started with a CGI trailer of Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth. Unfortunately there was no gameplay, but apart from the Avengers from the current movie, we also saw characters like Wolverine, Venom, Spider-Man, Storm and Magneto.

Then they showed Rayman Legends. A spiritual sequel to Rayman Origins with the same graphical style. They demonstrated the game in multiplayer onstage. One player uses the normal controller or the new Wii U control pad to control Rayman or the other characters. One player with the Wii U screen controller, controls another character to solve puzzles, overcome obstacles and collect items. It looks very interesting in multiplayer, but there was no word on how to play this in single player mode.

There was a great trailer of Zombi U. The trailer reminded me of Dead Island (with bad music) and was very stylish. It will be a Wii U exclusive but there was no in-game footage.

Then Ubisoft showed a compilation with the announcement of the following games.
- The Rabbids are back in Rabbids Land. Not a lot of other information, but judging by the title a mini game collection isn't too farfetched
- There is brief footage of Your Shape: Fitness Evolved. It looks like a fitness game.
- The showed Sports Connection with games like Golf and Kart. The one using the screen controller could leave the group and play alone while the other were on the couch using the other Wii controllers.
- Just Dance 4 was also announced. Which will be a sure hit again, judging by the rest of the series.

They finished with Assassin's Creed III. The third installment will come to Wii U and apart from an CGI trailer, they showed some in game footage. Unfortunately they didn't show some Wii U footage, but if gave a good idea what this game is all about.

You can watch the complete Ubisoft show below (thanks to Gamespot).

So what do you think? Does any of these games excite you? Or are you only concentrating on the Nintendo show.
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

sdw4527
June 4th 2012, 5:43 pmsdw4527
I don't really like the idea of having two seperate screens for the Wii U in general, but the new Rayman game looks really nice (graphics wise) though.
KingreX32
June 4th 2012, 8:12 pmKingreX32
Awesome job guys. Im tweeting this now
Staroceancrazy
June 5th 2012, 12:48 pmStaroceancrazy
Why is Nintendo continuing with the casual games.........
KingreX32
June 5th 2012, 1:55 pmKingreX32
cause its a MASSIVE market.
Megatron2000
June 5th 2012, 4:03 pmMegatron2000
The WiiU somehow doesn't seem as amazing as I had imagined it would be D|
KingreX32
June 6th 2012, 7:54 amKingreX32
thats because apart form Nintendo, we saw next to no Third Party Games for the system. It sucks. I was so hyped this year.
WarfmasterST
June 9th 2012, 11:42 pmWarfmasterST
Why can I view this Youtube video on my Wii? Surprised
Question do you blokes know if Rayman Legends is WiiU exclusive?
KingreX32
June 10th 2012, 9:55 amKingreX32
I wasnt announced for Any other console. At least. Thast as far as I know.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)