Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Jnes5
Jnes5
La-Mulana cancelled for both US and Europe release La-mulana

Here's some sad news for anyone looking forward to this particular Wiiware game...

Nicalis has updated their twitter mentioning that they have cancelled the publishing of the upcoming Wiiware title La-Mulana developed by NIGORO for both US and Europe. Now Tyrone Rodriguez from Nicalis has explained the reason why they have decided to cancel La-Mulana's release, stating:

"The decision to cancel publishing of La-Mulana was a tough call, but waiting two years for NIGORO to finish development has made it near impossible to sell sufficient units on Wii. The WiiWare market has a fraction of the players from 2008. The window for release and success of software on the platform ended in 2009 and took a very steep decline. Players have moved onto other digital download platforms.

La-Mulana was originally developed without DLC in mind and, I think being their first console project, that NIGORO got a bit ahead of themselves and spent two years agonizing on getting the DLC sort of working for Japan. Unfortunately, it never passed Nintendo’s submission process in the US or EU with DLC in place. As the publisher, we’re responsible for various things, but development (which includes programming, art, music and design) is and always has been in the hands of NIGORO.

With the Wii U in the not too distant future and WiiWare sales almost non-existent, I had to make a call today. I wish them the best. They’re good game developers and good guys"

I really hope Nintendo's eshop service doesn't suffer the same fate as Wiiware, since they will lose more respect from other publishers and developers if they keep making it so difficult to get games out...

But what do you guys think ?

Source: GoNintendo ( 1 , 2 )

Last edited by gamerace on May 1st 2012, 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

SKTTR
Nigoro should find a new publisher and tweak the game a little to have it ready at launch for the new Wii U Shop.
Staroceancrazy
April 30th 2012, 8:35 pmStaroceancrazy
The only reason Why the WiiWare service sales suck so badly is because nobody wants to develop anything but shovelware which seems to pass Nintendo's "Quality inspection" instantly, but quality games like La Mulana constantly fail Nintendo's inspection apparently because they are actually quality games..............well maybe not for that reason, but when you take a look at how many broken or downright horrible games are on the service it really makes you wonder how La Mulana failed nearly a half a dozen times Surprised
Ms_Kinomoto
Um....I really wanted La Mulana Crying or Very sad
NINTENBRO
I know Epona, I was really anticipating La-Mulana myself.

Hey, you can always set your sights on another version of Cave Story. Evil or Very Mad
Zatchbell
Technically Nicalis was only the publisher so it isn't really fair to blame them for the game not passing Nintendo's QA.
Yusei Fudo
This was the last upcoming WiiWare game I was looking forward to....
NINTENBRO
Excuse me Zatchbell, but who here was blaming Nicalis? scratch
FuManchu
I think he's just talking about people online in general.
NINTENBRO
Oh yeah, all of those ignorant people? That statement would make more sense then. Very Happy
KeAfan7
Too bad I was Genuinely looking forward to this WiiWare title, so it's a shame that it is not going to be released in North America and Europe. Sad
Supertimbros
Damn I didn't see that coming. Surprised
ShounenMania
I'm not surprised, but it still sucks that such an awesome game was canned.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
May 4th 2012, 1:13 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Next up Retro City Rampage. Razz
Biorn the Viking
May 4th 2012, 2:10 pmBiorn the Viking
Not surprised.

@Eureka Not RCR D:
Aqua Cherry Blossom
May 22nd 2012, 1:18 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
La-Mulana has received new offers from other publishers to release the game on the service in the west.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)