Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
New Super Mario Bros. 2 from Nintendo Direct Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKZX-LPi8_KCi6LJc8ACsXowTgTjqt8hACl8FuocvMSo_1Bmxr-w

The last announcement on the latest Nintendo Direct Japan is the reveal of New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the Nintendo 3DS.

Tanooki suit is back and the only new difference I spot during the conference is that there's climbable webs.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 from Nintendo Direct 549385_286104791473981_119240841493711_625996_2135273664_n
Other announcements includes Kirby 20th Anniversary, Nintendo of America has confirmed a "special" Wii disc featuring a lot of Kirby games, no mention of what games are going to be on this special disc. It might be mantioned that i this will be released this year.

A new 3DS firmware has been mentioned that involves organizing multiple apps into one slot from the home screen, each folder can store up to sixty icons and you can also name the folder in which the its name's first character can appear on the folder's graphic update.

Other news is that Pokedex 3D will have more Pokemon including Pikachu, Pokemon AR game with the possibility of catching Pokemon in your living room, and promising Mario Kart 7 DLC.

[Update] it's not DLC it's a patch for Mario Kart 7, The new firmware update will be available on April 25 in North America, and New Super Mario Bros. 2 will be release in August of this year.

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Jnes5
I've updated this section with pictures and details ! Wink
Chrono_Cross
April 20th 2012, 11:31 pmChrono_Cross
NSMB2 is going to be so disappointing.
Marth
Shouldn't this be New Super Mario Bros. 3? I would understand if the logic was "one was on Wii, one was on DS", but all three of the games were (or will be) released on different systems. Even if NSMBW wasn't titled "2", that didn't stop them from calling a game "Mario Kart 7" without 2-6.
Ignoring the fact that it's the third game, it appears to have the Tanooki suit again, which seems to be playing off of Mario 3 (again). I just hope there isn't a New Super Mario Bros Mii, which gets renamed to New Super Mario Bros Wii2U or something ridiculous.

Anyway, the Kirby announcement was surprising. I guess this means they'll have to actually assemble a collection unlike what they did with Mario's 25th. Surprised Granted they could just put the Virtual Console games on a disk and call it a day, but I'm hoping they at least make it a proper "collection".

Last edited by Yoshi on April 21st 2012, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
gamerace
April 21st 2012, 8:20 amgamerace
Wait, Mario gets a 'collection', Kirby gets a 'collection', Metroid basically had one with Trilogy and Zelda for it's 25th got... a symphony?
Yes, Z:OoT 3DS/ LoZ:SS but wouldn't a collection of original Zelda games as a 25th anniversary been cool too?

At any rate re: Kirby Collection - Must have!
Marth
That's true, but I think Zelda still got a pretty good celebration. A new game, a free game, a remake of one of the most beloved games, a few VC releases, and a symphony. Something for nearly every owner of a Nintendo system (save for the non-i DS models).
gamerace
April 21st 2012, 8:43 amgamerace
Yoshi wrote:That's true, but I think Zelda still got a pretty good celebration. A new game, a free game, a remake of one of the most beloved games, a few VC releases, and a symphony. Something for nearly every owner of a Nintendo system (save for the non-i DS models).

True. I forgot because I only have a Wii. Still a new Zelda game trumps a collection of ones we already have on VC anyway.
SkywardL
April 21st 2012, 10:37 amSkywardL
Base on viewing the New Super Mario Bros 2 screenshot, sadly the 3D screen doesn't have room for 4-player online Sad
Akatsuki
April 21st 2012, 1:20 pmAkatsuki
According to Famitsu's website the games on the Wii 20th Anniversary Kirby Collection will have updated graphics and extra content. Very Happy
gamerace
April 21st 2012, 2:08 pmgamerace
^^ That's fantastic if they do. That'll be much better than the Mario All-Stars re-release even.

I'm a huge Kirby fan. And although this is the only game NoA has announced for the rest of 2012 on Wii, (and it's not even a new game really) at least it's one I'm sure to get.
KeAfan7
April 21st 2012, 2:24 pmKeAfan7
I might get the Kirby Collection depending on the selection of the games and the updates and extra content the games will receive. Wink
Marth
If Famitsu is right about the extra content in Kirby's 20th, day one purchase for me. I'd like to support the idea of making good collections.
Biorn the Viking
April 21st 2012, 4:54 pmBiorn the Viking
Not surprised by NSMB2. That was bound to happen eventually.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)