Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
A Long Time Coming.

Headline: GAME Might Shut Its Doors For Good. Game

We all know GAME was once one of the largest, and most respected video game specialty chains in Europe, but it has become apparent that they have been struggling since we heard about the fact that GAME would not sell The Last Story Limited Edition, or Mario Party 9.

Headline: GAME Might Shut Its Doors For Good. Game

According to several sources the directors at GAME are now considering pulling the plug on the multinational chain.

GAME with over 1000 stores in Europe might very well be on its last legs. We'll keep you informed on any updates to this story.

Headline: GAME Might Shut Its Doors For Good. 19654

Headline: GAME Might Shut Its Doors For Good. 87457210

Headline: GAME Might Shut Its Doors For Good. Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

H_Bogart32
March 5th 2012, 4:05 pmH_Bogart32
I feel sorry for the poor chaps that are about to lose their income in this awful economy.
Ace
I'm not surprised given the fact that they don't carry most of the best new releases.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
March 5th 2012, 4:34 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
I never liked GAME, but I feel bad for the employees whom are about to lose their jobs.
Marth
It's always a shame when a sizable business goes down. Some people think of companies and corporations like GameStop or Capcom as these corrupt, singular identities out there just trying to abuse consumers, but really, so many employees are just there doing their job to make a buck and have no involvement in any of the decisions. The lack of 1000 stores translates to a lot of unhappy people, not just the employees and their families. Ouch...

That said, this won't be the last time a sizable games distributor bites the dust methinks.
DigiDestined
March 5th 2012, 5:11 pmDigiDestined
How awful I hope this doesn't affect Europeans ability to purchase certain games, since Walmart and the likes don't stock most of the good Nintendo games Sad
Chrono_Cross
March 5th 2012, 6:58 pmChrono_Cross
It's also not shipping anymore EA or Capcom titles. Including the highly anticipated Mass Effect 3. Unfortunately, I only give them until September before they're done for... Sad
Staroceancrazy
March 5th 2012, 7:20 pmStaroceancrazy
I knew they were in trouble when I heard that Mario Party 9 would not be stocked in their stores in a Nintendolife article Sad
Marioman18
March 5th 2012, 8:59 pmMarioman18
I guess I need to find a new place to buy games Neutral
Nell TU
I for one will miss GAME. Farewell. Sad
Aussiegamer
March 6th 2012, 2:14 amAussiegamer
Will the closure affect the few GAME franchises here in Australia?
KingreX32
March 6th 2012, 9:17 amKingreX32
Is this like the European version of Gamestop?
KeAfan7
KingreX32 wrote:Is this like the European version of Gamestop?
Yes, well it's similar to Gamestop, but from what I've seen the stores are much larger, and they have a better selection of retro games, and consoles. Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)