Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
The world has been taken over by mutant animals and the people have fallen into a coma from the same virus! It's up to you and your trusty S.O.P.H.I.A., a vehicle that has all the tools and firepower needed to take down the mutants and save humanity.

The game has a massive world with seven interconnected zones that are filled with enemies and most areas are unable to be reached until you beat area bosses and obtain the S.O.P.H.I.A. part they are holding such as a grappling hook or drill.

Though the main part of this game is a sidescrolling platformer, there are many caves dotting the areas that can only be reached on foot that have savepoints, HP increasing items and area bosses. These cave areas play like a simple 3D 3rd person shooter and are usually harder than the platforming areas. It must be stressed that you should search these areas for weapon power ups as some of the bosses will be almost impossible without those upgrades. But thats easier said then done since every time you are hit your weapon goes down a level.

The graphics run smoothly and are pretty nice and the soundtrack has some good tunes

Bottom line: it's a great game that is a little different then the other platforming games on the WiiWare service. This is a must buy at 1000 Wii Points for any action platformer fan or fans of adventure exploration games e.g. Metroid (NES).

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 10/10

10- Perfect This game is nearly perfect, and has little if any flaws, and is a blast to play!
Attachments
Review: Blaster Master: Overdrive (WiiWare) Attachment
blastermasteroverdrive.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(17 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by Reanfan on October 8th 2018, 1:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

Review: Blaster Master: Overdrive (WiiWare) 19654

Review: Blaster Master: Overdrive (WiiWare) 87457210

Review: Blaster Master: Overdrive (WiiWare) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

captainamerica
May 2nd 2011, 5:42 pmcaptainamerica
I like this game because of its uniqueness!
Anyhoo Nice review Wink
KeAfan7
Thanks CaptainAmerica
Kenshin A-Go-Go
August 3rd 2011, 12:30 pmKenshin A-Go-Go
Blaster Master Overdrive is one of the few genuinely good wiiware games that didn't do well due to being lost in the sea of wiiware shovelware Neutral
NINTENBRO
October 2nd 2011, 1:31 pmNINTENBRO
This sounds awesome, I'll have to check it out now.
Love4Gaming
October 2nd 2011, 1:40 pmLove4Gaming
This is one seriously kick @$$ game and has some difficult platforming areas that can be quite challenging and the bosses are somewhat generic but that doesn't make them any easier Laughing
NINTENBRO
October 3rd 2011, 9:26 pmNINTENBRO
I just downloaded this and it seems like a really good game so far.
FuManchu
October 3rd 2011, 9:40 pmFuManchu
How many levels or stages does this game have?
NINTENBRO
October 4th 2011, 12:09 amNINTENBRO
I'm not sure Dragoon, like I said I just purchased it. Maybe someone else will know?
Clunkermobile
October 4th 2011, 12:14 amClunkermobile
There are 7 areas altogether I think there is an 8th secret area but I can't remember (it's been over 6 months since I played this one)
Ulqiorrathegreat
February 9th 2012, 2:05 pmUlqiorrathegreat
This is easily on of the most overlooked great WiiWare titles
This game is worthy of that 10/10 score Cool
Kain
Ulqiorathegreat wrote:This is easily on of the most overlooked great WiiWare titles
This game is worthy of that 10/10 score Cool
My thoughts exactly!
Kain
Why aren't there any pics on this old review?
Marth
February 9th 2012, 8:10 pmMarth
Wow, I forgot this game even existed. Surprised Guess I know what one of my next few Wii Ware purchases should be.
GhastlyRockets
February 9th 2012, 8:15 pmGhastlyRockets
This was in the first match of round one of the best Wii Shop games poll king
I wonder if or when round 2 will begin?
Staroceancrazy
May 13th 2013, 1:51 pmStaroceancrazy
How hard is this game?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)