Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
E3: Let's all go to Nintendo Land Nintendoland
The happiness place on Miiverse

Nintendo Land (trademark!) is the final First-Party announcement during the press conference and it is confirm to be a Wii U launch title. Nintendo Land is a video game theme park. There will be total of 12 attractions and each attraction are Mii minigame base on your favorite Nintendo franchises. Here are some of the attractions taken from the Nintendo All-Access source:

E3: Let's all go to Nintendo Land KKCC1

Donkey Kong's Crash Course: Using the GamePad's motion control, players tilt the controller to guide a fragile rolling cart through an obstacle course that resembles the original Donkey Kong arcade game. This single-player game lets other spectators watch the action on the TV and offer advice about how to pass the next obstacle.

E3: Let's all go to Nintendo Land LGM2

Luigi's Ghost Mansion: The player with the GamePad is a ghost (invisible to others) who is trying to capture up to four humans armed with flashlights. The ghost must sneak around the environment by staying in the shadows and try to catch them one by one. The humans can work together to revive fallen comrades before the ghost catches everyone. If all four humans are caught before they are revived, the ghost wins. But if they are successful at shining their flashlights on the ghost long enough to reduce its hit points to zero, the humans win.

E3: Let's all go to Nintendo Land ACSD3

Animal Crossing™: Sweet Day: The player holding the Wii U GamePad controls two guards who are in charge of safeguarding a candy orchard from a group of candy-loving animals. Up to four other players, using the Wii Remote controllers to control these animals, must work together to outwit – and outrun – the guards. The game ends when a combined total of 50 pieces of candy are collected, or when the guards catch any one of the animals three times.

E3: Let's all go to Nintendo Land LOZBQ4

The Legend of Zelda™: Battle Quest: The player with the GamePad is an archer who can aim and shoot arrows using the screen as a view finder. That player is joined by up to three others who wield Wii Remote Plus controllers like swords. Players work together to take on a variety of enemies in a world that looks like a cloth version of a game from The Legend of Zelda series.

E3: Let's all go to Nintendo Land TNC5

Takamaru's Ninja Castle: Based on an early Famicom game available only in Japan, this single-player game turns the GamePad into a launcher for ninja stars. Players swipe the controller's touch screen to take out an ever-growing army of ninja attackers, earning more points for consecutive hits. Moving the GamePad around at different angles enables the player to take aim in an intuitive fashion.

Nintendo Land is the game that demonstrates Asymmetric gameplay. Nintendo Land also implements Miiverse and your Mii can explore the hub world of Nintendo Land.

There was a hint of a Metroid logo including a toyish Ridley flying.

What do you think of Nintendo's first take on Interactive Theme Park genre? Leave your welcoming thoughts as the comment section below.

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Staroceancrazy
June 5th 2012, 12:36 pmStaroceancrazy
This looks cool, but I hope Nintendo adds something similar to Playstation Home as well Very Happy
Amufungal
June 5th 2012, 12:53 pmAmufungal
This sounds really fun Smile
KingreX32
June 5th 2012, 1:56 pmKingreX32
Like Wii Sports let you know what Wii was about. This agme will let you know what WiiU is about.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
June 5th 2012, 1:58 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
This looks boring to me. Neutral
Marioman18
June 5th 2012, 2:23 pmMarioman18
The Miiverse is going to be something like Playstation Home unless I'm missing something Very Happy
KingreX32
June 5th 2012, 2:46 pmKingreX32
No dude. Your right, thats what it is like.
Megatron2000
June 5th 2012, 3:02 pmMegatron2000
There will probably be other first and third party servers with other minigames and activities if this will genuinely be Nintendo's answer to Playstation Home |D
SKTTR
June 5th 2012, 6:16 pmSKTTR
The Miiverse looks more Facebook v2 than Home v2. But it's probably a mix of both with Nintendo's extras added.

Nintendo Land looks great fun, especially the DK and Zelda games.
This along with Pikmin and Mario will be my first WiiU games.
KeAfan7
June 5th 2012, 6:23 pmKeAfan7
I still can't tell if this is software or a pre loaded app that comes with the WiiU, same with Miiverse. I'm even more confused about Nintendo's vision for the WiiU and the software for it then I was prior to E3. Laughing
KingreX32
June 6th 2012, 8:00 amKingreX32
Personally I think this may either be a pack in game, Like wii sports or a retail title like Wii Play. Im leaning towards the latter.
ZezHylia
June 6th 2012, 12:31 pmZezHylia
This looks like a cheap party game collection. D:
KingreX32
June 6th 2012, 12:46 pmKingreX32
Like Wiiplay 👅
Sneaker
June 8th 2012, 5:04 pmSneaker
Nintendo Land was a big miss at the E3. This is not a system seller and they went on and on and on about it. It doesn't show the power of the Wii U and it looks pretty boring. So unless it comes bundled with the Wii U, or the reviews are really, really good, I won't get.
PrinnyDood
June 8th 2012, 6:17 pmPrinnyDood
This game looks really bad.
SKTTR
June 8th 2012, 6:35 pmSKTTR
So this has 12 games.

1. "Animal Crossing - Sweet Day"
2. "Donkey Kong's Crash Course"
3. "The Legend of Zelda - Battle Quest"
4. "Luigi's Ghost Mansion"
5. "Takamaru's Ninja Castle"
6. F-Zero (confirmed at E3)

PROBABLY SPOILERS NOW!

The others are rumoured to be
7. Pikmin
8. Metroid
9. Mario
10. Yoshi
11. Game & Watch
12. Balloon Fight

I'm in for some Jeans-Zelda and F-Zero. Can´t wait til the other games get revealed.
Biorn the Viking
June 9th 2012, 5:56 amBiorn the Viking
Why is there so much hate towards Nintendo Land? A lot of people had similar reactions to Wii Sports 6 years back. I don't know why people expect so much from a FREE product that is supposed to showcase the capabilities of the console and adjust the player to a new style of gameplay. I'm sure Nintendo know what they're doing.
SKTTR
June 9th 2012, 6:46 amSKTTR
There's an ideal way of getting behind the idea that Nintendo wanted to create with NINTENDO ACCESS, info and gameplay videos about WiiU and 3DS, available on the internet, Wii Nintendo Channel and 3DS.

Nintendo Land was created to show 12 fun, unique, and accessible games that can only be made and played on WiiU.
It's not just another introduction title to expand the casual market even more with its new asymetric gameplay, but it's also good for me as a hardcore gamer that throws some multiplayer sessions at times, because even though the games seem casual they always have some good challenge in the solo modes (Wii Play Motion is closest to Nintendo Land I think), and anyway, it's the new controls, and the party appeal, combined with many great Nintendo mascots that I'm interested in the most.
It's a game you play with others, show around, others get interested. It's one of those so called moneyprinters.
Sneaker
June 9th 2012, 7:22 amSneaker
Why the hate? First of, unless I missed an announcement, I haven't heard Nintendo announcing Nintendo Land to be free. If it's free I will have no problem playing it and praising it if I'm having fun with it. Just like with Wii Sport. But the way they showed it now, it just a bunch of mini games that haven't impressed me at all (from what I've seen). They also went on way to long about it at the show. A lot of people were expecting new announcements of some of Nintendo's best franchises. Apart from a 2D Mario (which doesn't showcase the power of the Wii U) and Pikmin 3 (which looked great btw), fans didn't get that. Instead they got this.
SKTTR
June 9th 2012, 9:09 amSKTTR
Nintendo Land is also needed to cater to the non-gamers, the group of people who are open to new things like asymetric multiplayer and new control methods. It will introduce people to 12 Nintendo franchises as well - making it a big marketing game.

Wii Fit U is another one of those games, but appealing/expanding to a different group of non-gamers.

Obviously Nintendo producing casual games of highest quality (that turn into multimegamillion sellers) lies beyond the imagination of some fans.

We still get our F-Zero and Starfox. They show them when they're good.

Mario and Pikmin, two sequels to some of the best games ever isn't enough for a start? Greedy greedy fans.
KingreX32
June 9th 2012, 11:32 amKingreX32
Like I said before. im getting sick of mario. And Pikmin was a game I never got into. Srry.
Sneaker
June 9th 2012, 11:47 amSneaker
I have no problem that they cater to the non-gamers. But will those non-gamers watch the E3 show? The biggest game show of the year? The majority of the viewers are the gamers not the casuals. The core fans only got Pikmin 3 and a 2D Mario (which is great for the casuals as well).

I'm not saying that those casual games like Wii Fit, SiNG, Just Dance 4 and Nintendo Land shouldn't be mentioned. Of course they should be talked about. But they talked about Nintendo Land for almost 15 minutes. Even Pikmin 3 and the new Mario didn't get that much time combined. Why didn't they short the Nintendo Land show. And maybe show more mini games then just that Luigi's Mansion game. It wasn't the most attractive mini game to look at for such a big presentation.

So why not shorting that segment, invite more people over from Ubisoft and let them play Rayman Legends (like on the Ubisoft show), Assassin's Creed III (like on the other shows) and Zombi U. All were playable on the floor. And they didn't even show Game & Wario (not that I'm excited about that). Shutter would be a perfect way to show what the gamepad is all about.

And then how they ended the show. With some fireworks from Nintendo Land? Come on. They should have used the last segment of the show to reveal one big name game. Something to keep the core fanbase interested in the Wii U. It doesn't even had to be gameplay but a CGI trailer of a new Zelda, a new Metroid, a new Star Fox etc. etc. One of those would be more then enough. Last year, the mere mention of a Smash Bros. was enough to get people excited. Those people were now left a bit disappointed.
KingreX32
June 9th 2012, 11:50 amKingreX32
Sneaker wrote:
So why not shorting that segment, invite more people over from Ubisoft and let them play Rayman Legends (like on the Ubisoft show), Assassin's Creed III (like on the other shows) and Zombi U. All were playable on the floor. And they didn't even show Game & Wario (not that I'm excited about that). Shutter would be a perfect way to show what the gamepad is all about.

^ Right there. Thats Why I like Sneaker.
Supertimbros
June 9th 2012, 1:02 pmSupertimbros
There wasn't much to hear about new games and such, but at least we learnt that the WiiU will be $349.99/£349.99 during yesterdays final announcement of E3 by Nintendo. victory
WarfmasterST
June 9th 2012, 11:55 pmWarfmasterST
Personally I have to agree with Sneaker this was an abyssmal "big reveal" for the WiiU. Come now Nintendo you can do much better then that. Neutral
KingreX32
June 10th 2012, 10:04 amKingreX32
Do you guys remember the Audiences reaction to Wiimusic at e3 2009 (i think it was 09)

The entire theater was quiet. No one even clapped. LOL
LordHoppingRage
June 10th 2012, 9:53 pmLordHoppingRage
Nintendo has brought forth sorrow and sadness as this sad minigame collection was their big E3 reveal. Thus Nintendo has made this the saddest place on earth. Twisted Evil
Killeryoshii
June 10th 2012, 11:09 pmKilleryoshii
This is the best Nintendo could come up with this year? E3: Let's all go to Nintendo Land 1625187496
SKTTR
June 11th 2012, 6:12 amSKTTR
Killeryoshii wrote:This is the best Nintendo could come up with this year? E3: Let's all go to Nintendo Land 1625187496

No the best was Pikmin, along with Mario, Assassins Creed III, Batman, Mass Effect 3, Aliens, Rayman Legends, ZombiU.

Nintendo Land, Wii Fit U and Just Dance 4 were just extremely important to expand the market because as a fact E3 generates most gaming press in non-gaming media and history has shown that there's no greater market than the casuals. So expect more casual titles in future E3s, because electronic entertainment is so much more than pleasing fans with hardcore games like F-Zero and Starfox etc.

Obviously Nintendo is trying to please their fans as well, it's just too early to show more content, and it's time for Miyamoto to focus on Pikmin right now anyway to make it one of the best games ever. They will use other opportunities than E3 to announce and present the "big" core titles, on occasions that aren't mostly for the general public. You know TOKYO GAME SHOW? That's usually the place for Nintendo fans to get excited.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)