Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Ubisoft: Nobody figured out Wii shooters

Posted Oct 6, 2011 at 2:38PM EST by Carl B

According to Ubisoft, nobody really figured out how to make a shooter for Wii.

Ubisoft: Nobody figured out Wii shooters Ninten16

"It sort of goes back to what we were just talking about: why aren't we putting more Kinect features into the shooters and the core games? Nobody figured out on the Wii how to actually improve the shooter experience via the Wiimote," Ubisoft's Tony Key told Gamasutra.

"That's not to say that that couldn't have happened, but nobody figured it out. Nobody figured out how to make any Call of Duty or Ghost Recon or anything better on the Wii because of the motion control. Somebody needs to figure that out on the Kinect too," he continued. "But I think the thing that the Wii didn't have that the 360 has is it has the graphics that the shooter fans are used to. The fans are already there. So I think there's maybe a better opportunity to figure that out on the Kinect than there is on the Wii because there's more of a will to do it on the Kinect. That 360 shooter fan, we know that's a huge audience."

I'd have to disagree with Key on this one. Ubisoft's very own Red Steel 2 had amazing controls for both shooter and sword play. Not to mention the amazing Metroid Prime games on Wii. As far as control goes, those games are far superior to dual analog shooters. The problem with Wii was that its install base was too iffy to create a few more original shooters for the system.

via Gamasutra

source QJ.NET

Ubisoft: Nobody figured out Wii shooters 19654

Ubisoft: Nobody figured out Wii shooters 87457210

Ubisoft: Nobody figured out Wii shooters Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

NINTENBRO
October 6th 2011, 3:29 pmNINTENBRO
Nobody wants to produce shooters enhanced for Wii, because like Tony Key said the majority of the 3rd person shooter customer base would rather experience them on the XBOX 360 or Playstation 3 platforms. Due to the more advanced graphics and why would companies dedicate more of there funds into WiiMotion enhancements, if they weren't sure it would come back to them in profitable sales?
KingreX32
February 16th 2012, 11:01 amKingreX32
I still dont get this. First person Shooters on Wii were fine. Redsteel two was awesome. I have no idea why ubisoft is saying that.
RoryLee
February 16th 2012, 1:07 pmRoryLee
Ubisoft couldn't figure out FPS, but other companies did just fine. And it wasn't FPS shooters that they couldn't figure out, it was motion controls in general.
Marth
February 16th 2012, 1:39 pmMarth
Although it's not a typical "shooter" per se, I felt the controls in Metroid Prime 3 were terrific. It's tough going back to traditional dual-stick controls after playing that.
KingreX32
February 16th 2012, 6:02 pmKingreX32
Yoshi wrote:Although it's not a typical "shooter" per se, I felt the controls in Metroid Prime 3 were terrific. It's tough going back to traditional dual-stick controls after playing that.

Agreed thats why i bought the Classic Controller. Im trying to get back into using a "traditional Controller"
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)