Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor

My Gamestop stopped selling PS2 games and consoles........

+9
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
gamerace
Tasuki
Staroceancrazy
KingreX32
KeAfan7
Marth
Ichigo Kurosaki
Kenshin A-Go-Go
13 posters
Go down
Kenshin A-Go-Go
Kenshin A-Go-Go

My Gamestop stopped selling PS2 games and consoles........ Empty My Gamestop stopped selling PS2 games and consoles........

September 11th 2011, 1:29 pm
And I wanted to get to try Final Fantasy XII......but I guess that won't happen Sad
Ichigo Kurosaki
Ichigo Kurosaki

My Gamestop stopped selling PS2 games and consoles........ Empty Re: My Gamestop stopped selling PS2 games and consoles........

October 12th 2011, 1:01 pm
Mine stopped selling them as well even though mine still sells N64,and Gameboy Color games Prinny

My Gamestop stopped selling PS2 games and consoles........ Empty Re: My Gamestop stopped selling PS2 games and consoles........

January 31st 2012, 1:58 am
Mine stopped selling the consoles I think, but the games can be found at just about every EB Games or GameStop I go to. Speaking of which, it's still pretty expensive for a console that's starting to disappear...wouldn't mind a price drop, since I've gone through two PS2s.

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

January 31st 2012, 2:01 am
It's still $129.99 new and $79.99 used at my local Gamestop.

My Gamestop stopped selling PS2 games and consoles........ 19654

My Gamestop stopped selling PS2 games and consoles........ 87457210

My Gamestop stopped selling PS2 games and consoles........ Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

January 31st 2012, 10:20 am
Mine still sells. I can get a Gamecube for 30 bucks

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

My Gamestop stopped selling PS2 games and consoles........ Captaincanucksigcopy
Marth
Marth

January 31st 2012, 3:25 pm
@KingreX

Wow, being able to find a GameCube these days is much more difficult. Wouldn't mind running into a store that actually has some GC games laying around, as many of my disks died from being overplayed (namely Wind Waker).

Admin
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

June 24th 2012, 2:11 pm
My gamestop doesn't sell PS2, PSP, XBox, Gamecube, or DS consoles or games anymore Neutral

My Gamestop stopped selling PS2 games and consoles........ Star_o10
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

June 25th 2012, 1:53 pm
If your lookign for a PS2 i suggest a second hand store.

Marth
Marth

June 26th 2012, 5:17 pm
Yeah, I find local stores have a much better selection (particularly in the retro and last-gen sections). Search for game shops around your house with Google and you might be surprised with what you find.

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!

July 15th 2012, 1:57 am
I finally purchased .hack:// Volume 4: Quarantine and Xenosaga III both for $5.99 clearance price at my Gamestop. Wink

Tasuki
Tasuki

July 16th 2012, 9:27 pm
I haven't shopped at Gamestop for years (wont go into details) but the last time I went browsing in one in my town they only sold PS2 Systems and Games, PS3 Systems and Games, Wii, DS, 3DS, Vita, PC, and Xbox 360. They didnt have any Gamecube, PSP, or Xbox games, systems or accessories.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

July 16th 2012, 9:46 pm
That's strange considering PSP games are still being released albeit at a Very Slow Rate.

Tasuki
Tasuki

July 16th 2012, 10:05 pm
Rukiafan wrote:That's strange considering PSP games are still being released albeit at a Very Slow Rate.

Well that one that I went to is a small store so I think they stopped selling them to make room for their Vita stock or something. Truthfully I dont keep up with PSP or Vita so I just figured that they stopped making PSP games when the Vita was released.

I know Gamestop has a policy where they will only carry games one gen back. So since Nintendo announced the Wii U Gamestops will now only sell/trade Wii and Wii U stuff not Gamecube and 3DS and DS and not GBA. Still I dont know why they dont carry Xbox games when there is only the Xbox and Xbox 360 but than again I guess what it comes down to is what sells at that given location and what they have room for.
gamerace
gamerace

July 17th 2012, 7:28 am
Most Gamestops (EB Games) around here have dropped Gamecube, wouldn't be surprising if support for Xbox and PS2 followed suit. If I want a GC game I have to goto the flagship store downtown now. Soon Wii/360/PS3 will all be last generation games...
Anonymous

July 17th 2012, 10:55 am
PS3 will be around for a few more years.
Jack Tretton said recently at a press conference that the PS4 will Not launch earlier than holiday 2014, but will probably launch in 2015/2016. Smile
Tasuki
Tasuki

July 17th 2012, 11:00 am
Kushina wrote:PS3 will be around for a few more years.
Jack Tretton said recently at a press conference that the PS4 will Not launch earlier than holiday 2014, but will probably launch in 2015/2016. Smile

That sounds about right especially since I have heard rumors of another revision of the PS3 is coming out soon. Not sure how true that is but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.
gamerace
gamerace

July 17th 2012, 11:32 am
Tasuki wrote:
Kushina wrote:PS3 will be around for a few more years.

That sounds about right especially since I have heard rumors of another revision of the PS3 is coming out soon. Not sure how true that is but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Yes, rumoured to be an ultra-slim model but very little is known, including if it's for real. Wouldn't be surprising though.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

July 18th 2012, 5:04 pm
Gamestop has stopped selling sixth Generation Consoles and games.

Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy

July 18th 2012, 5:13 pm
My Gamestop still has a huge supply of PS2 games.

Rena Ryuugu - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

My Gamestop stopped selling PS2 games and consoles........ Rena-rena-ryuugu
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

July 18th 2012, 5:21 pm
Chances are when they are gone, they are permanently gone.

Clαππαd
Clαππαd

July 18th 2012, 5:24 pm
Mine is still accepting PS2 games as trade-ins. Smile

Admin

July 18th 2012, 5:28 pm
REALLY!??!?!?!

The ones In my area stopped about a month ago.

Clαππαd
Clαππαd

July 18th 2012, 5:32 pm
Mine is a large warehouse location, so that might be why.
They even sell PS1 games now that I think about it.

Admin

July 18th 2012, 5:35 pm
wow.

Clαππαd
Clαππαd

July 18th 2012, 5:40 pm
My Gamestop is supposed to be one of the largest Gamestop stores in the country at least that's what the employees there say. Smile

Admin

July 18th 2012, 5:53 pm
Thats so Awesome. I known down the street from me is a Massive Warehouse. But they dont sell out of it.

Biorn the Viking
Biorn the Viking

July 19th 2012, 2:14 am
A lot of the major game stores closed down over here so I have no idea if PS2 titles are still on the shelf. You can pick up a lot of PS2 gems on eBay in brand new condition for super cheap. I still have a lot of mine though. PS2 FTW.

Admin

July 20th 2012, 2:02 pm
I dont buy from online

Chrono_Cross
Chrono_Cross

July 20th 2012, 2:29 pm
My Gamestop still sells PlayStation 2 consoles and games. But maybe they're going to omit them like they did with the GameCube? No

DigiDestined
DigiDestined
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

December 13th 2012, 2:02 pm
Mine just stopped selling them.

Dark Link: No I hate you too $#!%&$!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)