Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trails From Tio-Tot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trails - Review: The Legend of Heroes ~ Trails From Zero (Switch Retail) 900x_114

Developed by Nihon Falcom Games and published in the West by NIS America, The Legend of Heroes: Trails From Zero is the first game in the long-awaited and previously skipped story arc in the series "at least outside of Japan" starring Lloyd Bannings, Elie MacDowel, Randy Orlando, and Tio Plato formally known as the Special Support Section A.K.A. the SSS. Their job is to restore the Crossbell PD's broken reputation and help civilians in need, but things aren't always so simple. There's a HUGE reason why the Crossbell games are so well-loved and are necessary to understand the series' overarching story in both Cold Steel III & IV as well as in Reverie, and Kuro I & II. Singularly Crossbell's storyline might be the most important one to the series' story as whole. While we obviously can't spoil major story content, we can at least give context as to why. As always continue reading our review to find out why and we hope you enjoy it!

Trails - Review: The Legend of Heroes ~ Trails From Zero (Switch Retail) 900x_115

The story in Trails from Zero is absolutely amazing, taking the storytelling of the Sky games and upping the bar several fold. It's an extremely important chapter for giving context in future installments of the series as well such as Trails of Cold Steel III & IV and it is recommended you play this and Azure first if you haven't played anything past Trails of Cold Steel II yet. The gameplay is quite interesting and differs quite a bit from the Cold Steel arc, but is also a bit different from the formula seen in the Sky arc as well.

The battles are also much improved over the Sky Trilogy's, but uses the same engine with grid based movement. There are a bunch of new nuances, but the UI and targeting are far better in Zero. It's really just a ton of small changes that culminate into a much better experience overall. The game even features a trophy system that pops a notification when you earn a trophy and is a nice touch for sure, something we'd like to see used more often in Switch games. The game also features a speed mode to increase gameplay speed from 2-8x normal speed which is a HUGE time-saver for sure, especially when the game itself clocks in at around 100 hours in length give or take 40 hours depending on your pacing.

Trails - Review: The Legend of Heroes ~ Trails From Zero (Switch Retail) 900x_116

The audiovisual presentation is really good in this remaster with sharp high quality HD textures, character models, and enemies, gorgeous special effects with equally good lighting and shadowing effects. It is honestly hard to imagine at its core it ever was a PSP title. And the music is exceptional as well with loads of bangers that fit the game like a glove! Overall the game's presentation is a HUGE step-up from the Sky games and looks gorgeous in this remaster!

Trails - Review: The Legend of Heroes ~ Trails From Zero (Switch Retail) 900x_912

Bottom-Line: With great gameplay and a ton of content, an amazing story, and a masterpiece of an audiovisual presentation, The Legend of Heroes: Trails From Zero is a nearly flawless game from start to finish, and just barely fails to reach the heights of the Cold Steel games "with the exception of Trails of Cold Steel I which we gave a 7/10 for being a SUPER slow burner in-terms of how quickly or lack thereof the story pacing was in the game". Overall we give this game a nearly perfect level of recommendation!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★★½ 9.5/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #NihonFalcom #NISA #Kiseki #Trails #JRPG #Switch #Retail #eShop #PS4 #PSN #SpecialSupportSection #Geofront

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by KeAfan7 on June 16th 2023, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Trails - Review: The Legend of Heroes ~ Trails From Zero (Switch Retail) 19654

Trails - Review: The Legend of Heroes ~ Trails From Zero (Switch Retail) 87457210

Trails - Review: The Legend of Heroes ~ Trails From Zero (Switch Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

Amufungal, ShounenMania, Warlock in love, Ganondorfthewicked, Chickgoboom, TheGingerDoctor, Mouser and like this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
@KokorOtaku @OrionJZed @Aqua Cherry Blossom Our review is now live. Enjoy! Wink

Amufungal, ShounenMania, Warlock in love, Ganondorfthewicked, Chickgoboom, TheGingerDoctor, Kain and like this post

KokorOtaku
Great! I plan on picking this up on sale at some point, right now I’m too invested in P5R

Amufungal, ShounenMania, Warlock in love, Ganondorfthewicked, Chickgoboom, TheGingerDoctor, Mouser and like this post

TheGingerDoctor
Rukiafan7 wrote:it is recommended you play this and Azure first if you haven't played anything past Trails of Cold Steel II yet
Technically, this is true in my case… Anime Sweat

Amufungal, ShounenMania, Warlock in love, Ganondorfthewicked, Chickgoboom, Mouser, Kain and like this post

Aqua Cherry Blossom
October 25th 2022, 10:54 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
The SSS has officially made its debut in the west! Squee! Nice review lol. Smug

Amufungal
Nice review @Rukiafan7. Smile

ShounenMania, Warlock in love, Ganondorfthewicked, Chickgoboom, TheGingerDoctor, Kain, Inoue79 and like this post

Ganondorfthewicked
October 26th 2022, 11:26 amGanondorfthewicked
Great review, a bit too waifu for me. Off topic but when did you add a Ganondorf emoji @Rukiafan7 @Amufungal  @OrionJZed? What?

ShounenMania, Warlock in love, Chickgoboom, TheGingerDoctor, Kain, Inoue79, ToughGamer and like this post

ShounenMania
Great review!

Warlock in love, Chickgoboom, TheGingerDoctor, Kain, Inoue79, ToughGamer, Talesfanatic and Ragnarok like this post

ToughGamer
Good review.

Warlock in love, Chickgoboom, TheGingerDoctor, Kain, Inoue79, Talesfanatic and Ragnarok like this post

Talesfanatic
Awesome review as always! victory

Warlock in love, Chickgoboom, TheGingerDoctor, Kain, Inoue79 and Ragnarok like this post

Chickgoboom
Awesome review @KeAfan7! Very Happy

Warlock in love, TheGingerDoctor, Kain, Inoue79 and Ragnarok like this post

Mouser
Fantastic review!

Warlock in love, TheGingerDoctor, Kain, Inoue79 and Ragnarok like this post

Warlock in love
Nice review and for a great serie no less! Very Happy

TheGingerDoctor, Kain, Inoue79 and Ragnarok like this post

Ragnarok
Awesome review @KeAfan7!

TheGingerDoctor, Kain and Inoue79 like this post

Kain
Great review @KeAfan7!

TheGingerDoctor and Inoue79 like this post

KokorOtaku
I finally got back to this and made it to Chapter 2

TheGingerDoctor and Inoue79 like this post

Inoue79
@KokorOtaku What do you think of this game so far? @KeAfan7 Nice review! Smile

TheGingerDoctor likes this post

KeAfan7
@KokorOtaku @Kain @Ragnarok Thanks for the feedback! @KokorOtaku I'm also curious about what your thoughts are about Zero. Wink

KokorOtaku
I’m enjoying it very much I’m on Chapter 3 now

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)