Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor

Total Votes : 7          

ryoutak
ryoutak
Admin
Hey guys,

I have been thinking about this idea for a long time, and wanted to ask everyone's opinion about it.

What are TL:DR Reviews?

TL:DR stands for Too long, Didn't Read. So what is this all about?
I understand that my reviews are usually long (at least 1,200 words) and it would take me a few days to write it. I also understand that people in generally are too busy in their life and might not have the leisure to read lengthy reviews. That is why I suggested a summarized version of my reviews, which would only focus on the main points with no personal opinions on it. Below are the current suggested format that I've been thinking about:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Game Title
Platform
Release Date

New Features:
1. New Class
2. Pair Up System

Scores:
Story: 6/10
Gameplay: 7/10
Music: 9/10
Graphics: 6/10
Final Score: 7/10

Pros:
1. Fun
2. Lots of hours spend

Cons:
1. Too many bugs
2. No new weapons

Final Thoughts:
I think the game is great and you should get it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The TL:DR version of the review will look something like the above, so you can just quickly skim through it instead of reading a wall of text.

EDIT: I thought I did edit it in, but unfortunately I didn't. Strange. The TL:DR Reviews only serves as a compliment to my full-length review, meaning if you guys agree to this idea, there will be two versions when I wrote the review: the full-length and TL:DR

Please give me your opinions and feedback and I hope to see you in the next post!

Regards,
Ryou Takehito

Last edited by ryoutak on December 31st 2017, 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Ragnarok
December 29th 2017, 5:40 pmRagnarok
Nah. Your reviews are great as they are.
Clαππαd
December 30th 2017, 11:06 amClαππαd
@ryoutak I absolutely love your reviews as they are in their current format. Smile
TheGingerDoctor
December 30th 2017, 2:33 pmTheGingerDoctor
@ryoutak I agree. The more detailed, the better! TL:DR Reviews? 631737971
Staroceancrazy
December 31st 2017, 11:05 amStaroceancrazy
@GeekyGamerZack Did you vote in the poll? @ryoutak don't change your reviewing style it's so awesome Exclamation
Grumblevolcano
December 31st 2017, 11:19 amGrumblevolcano
@ryoutak as long as you still write your detailed reviews as well I think it would be a brilliant idea. If it will replace your current style then no. I voted yes under the pretence that this would just be an extra for those who don't have time to read your more detailed reviews.
ryoutak
December 31st 2017, 12:10 pmryoutak
Grumblevolcano wrote:@ryoutak as long as you still write your detailed reviews as well I think it would be a brilliant idea. If it will replace your current style then no. I voted yes under the pretence that this would just be an extra for those who don't have time to read your more detailed reviews.

I thought I did edit it in, but unfortunately I didn't. Strange. The TL:DR Reviews only serves as a compliment to my full-length review, meaning if you guys agree to this idea, there will be two versions when I wrote the review: the full-length and TL:DR.
TheGingerDoctor
December 31st 2017, 2:39 pmTheGingerDoctor
@ryoutak Oh...if I knew that, I would've voted "yes". TL:DR Reviews? 1625187496

(Well, look at that. My first two posts of the year and they both have a facepalm emoji. Heehee! Razz )
Otaku
January 2nd 2018, 6:51 pmOtaku
I voted yes! Very Happy
Anonymous
January 2nd 2018, 6:55 pmKenshinHimura
I voted yes. Nice to meet y'all btw.
Talesfanatic
June 8th 2018, 7:37 pmTalesfanatic
Nice to meet you too Kenshin.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments