Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
What was the last game you beat?Today at 10:01 pmKeAfan7What Have You Been Playing Lately?July 19th 2024, 10:17 pmKokorOtakuYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)July 19th 2024, 10:14 pmKokorOtakuNews: Two HUGE NSO Updates Have Dropped This Month With A Whopping 10 Games In-Total!!July 13th 2024, 1:45 pmKokorOtakuThe Legend of Zelda Creative Designs TopicJuly 1st 2024, 12:18 pmStaroceancrazy
Go down
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

ios Mario :( Empty ios Mario :(

September 7th 2016, 11:01 am
well it looks like the beginning of the end as Nintendo announced Mario Runner... this make me worried the NX is a "'smart"phone or Nintendo is about to go 3rd party. I hope that never happens as Iwata wouldnt want that
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

ios Mario :( Empty Re: ios Mario :(

September 7th 2016, 11:05 am
my soul feels like its spiting... :'(

September 7th 2016, 11:34 am
I guess Nintendoomed is actually happening. Sad

Super Coinage!

September 7th 2016, 11:37 am
we must do our best to put a stop to this

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

September 7th 2016, 11:47 am
Wow, I guess the new president, Kimishima doesn't give a fronk about the current Nintendo fanbase...Neutral

ios Mario :( 19654

ios Mario :( 87457210

ios Mario :( Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Sneaker
Sneaker
Admin

September 7th 2016, 4:50 pm
Why all the complaints? It's like you guys don't want Nintendo to make more money so they can keep making awesome games. It's not like Nintendo now stops making games for the 3DS and the WiiU (and the future NX). This game looks like a perfect fit for a mobile phone for a short play session. It's very different from a normal Mario game. So I look forward to it. I hope this comes to Android too. Will gladly pay for a game like this that looks like a lot of fun.
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

September 7th 2016, 7:10 pm
@Sneaker, I know people who wanted Sun/Moon before Go came out now they just want Go... I fear this will become the trend

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!

September 7th 2016, 11:34 pm
@Sneaker What awesome games? Nintendo just seems to develop Smartphone titles, bizarre crossovers, and mediocre games since Iwata became ill and was no longer fully in control of Nintendo. Xenoblade Chronicles X and Star Fox Zero don't count as they were either finished or very far into development when Iwata passed away...Neutral

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

September 8th 2016, 7:42 pm
@ichigo, yeah and I hate to admit it but Id rather have sequles to Federation Force, Triforce Heroes, Zip Lash, Rumble World, and Happy Home Designer over.... these "things"

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

September 9th 2016, 2:45 pm
@Minato It's not that gamers changed their minds, it's the larger mobile crowd with billions of users guiding the video game industry with about a half billion users, "so still extremely popular" to its destruction. Which would be like abandoning Televisions because mobile devices are more popular. THEY ARE TWO SEPARATE DEMOGRAPHICS!!!

Sneaker
Sneaker
Admin

September 11th 2016, 5:40 pm
@Ichigofan. So what about games like Mario Maker 3DS, the new Pikmin game, Picross 3D 2, Yoshi's Woolly World 3DS, Mario Sports Superstars or Paper Mario Colour Splash that have been announced in recent Directs. Looks like Nintendo isn't forgetting us. Or what about recent games like Kirby Planet Robobot or Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. Not to mention games like Pokemon Sun/Moon and a huge Zelda games that is coming up, let alone the NX. Who knows what that will bring. They just explore multiple options to release games on and earn some extra cash.

It's one game that is a perfect fit for a phone too. I think it wouldn't even work that well on a 3DS (since the 3DS has buttons, you want something more complex to do with it). It's a more simplistic take on a Mario game. There is no end of Nintendo. It would be a different story if Nintendo would have cancelled Pokemon Sun/Moon because of the succes of Pokemon Go. But it is still on the upcoming 3DS games list and more information is coming out every week. I think the future of Nintendo will be just fine. Enjoy Mario Run, or don't play it.

@Minato, of course I can't talk from your experience with the people you talk too, but the numbers don't lie. After the release of Pokemon Go, sales for X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire peaked. New players are curious about Pokemon and you just can't play Pokemon Go while sitting on the couch. Pokemon Go isn't even comparable with a game like Pokemon Moon/Sun. Just like Mario Run, it is a simplistic take on the Pokemon franchise, mixed with a game type that has been around for a while but only now done succesfully thanks to the name attached. I expect the same thing with Mario Run. People getting interested, and buying a 3DS/WiiU/NX to discover the more complex and well-fleshed out games.

If you don't explore other options and go with the times, you will lose. I work for a company that used to sell only computers and computer parts. Now we also sell household items, bbq's, mechanical tools and even toys. Other companies that kept focusing on computers parts are mostly out of business.
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

September 11th 2016, 8:03 pm
@SNEAKER I get Nintendos plan and hopes it works out for them, its just I also work in retail and know how too many people think nowadays, Ill gladly take being wrong though

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

September 12th 2016, 11:20 am
@Sneaker Super Mario Maker 3DS and Yoshi's Woolly World don't count since they're ports of games developed during Iwata-san's era. Honestly how can't you tell that the quality of Nintendo games has been lowered in the past year? They aren't horrible, but they are for the most part 6/10-7/10 material rather than 9/10-10/10 like they used to be before Kimishima started influencing Nintendo to maximize profits rather than focusing on quality software. Neutral

Tinglemaster
Tinglemaster

September 12th 2016, 11:28 am
@Sneaker I agree with @Minato and @Ichigofan Nintendo is walking a dangerous path of greed and the reduced quality is the end result. dizzy
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

October 11th 2016, 6:24 pm
Yeah, it's a very dangerous path, plus we still don't know a single lick of info about NX and Wii U has been pretty much abandoned. It feels like Nintendo has just given up and isn't even motivated to show its fans what's NeXt...ios Mario :( 1625187496

Sneaker
Sneaker
Admin

January 7th 2018, 5:27 pm
Looking back a year later on this thread and I'm glad it turned out as I expected. It's a great time to be a Nintendo fan.
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 7th 2018, 9:03 pm
I’m glad it did to, I so hope Nintendo stays with making only 2 iOS games a year

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

February 9th 2018, 7:25 pm
Now Mario Kart is going mobile. It'll be "free to start"...Neutral

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)