Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Gamergy
Gamergy
It's that massive

Xenoblade Chronicles X is so massive it almost needed two discs Xenobladechroniclesx-770x472

Xenoblade Chronicles X is approaching release in Japan, and we are receiving more and more information on it. One of the statements released was that the massive size of Xenoblade Chronicles X will barely fit on one disc.

Producer Shingo Kawabata of Xenoblade Chronicles X explained this in recent posts on twitter:
Xenoblade Chronicles X is using up most of the space on the Wii U disk. It's really, really close to the storage limit. (To the point that at one stage we were considering using more than one disk for the game). To enjoy playing, the enormous seamless map must load quickly (which was achieved through the hard work of our programming division), but we had help from Nintendo proper implementing a further improvement to what we had. I believe we're going to reveal the details of that on the official page in the future, but to people considering purchasing the packaged version of the game, as one of the game's developers, I highly recommend you make use of this improvement.

Considering the size of a Wii U disc is 25GB, expect to see something close to that in a digital download, so if you are wanting to get it digitally you will probably have to have an external hard drive.

Xenoblade Chronicles X looks to be a huge game, and something to be very excited about when it releases later this year.

Source from Nintendo Life

Last edited by Gamergy on January 31st 2015, 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
I have a 2TB hard drive so space in not an issue for me. It's great more games are using up this much space
SuperVash
Xenoblade Chronicles X is going to be an epic RPG. Too bad most of the other games in the genre that have been released recently are too short and linear.
KeAfan7
@Gamergy Thanks for posting this article. Wink
DigiDestined
I'm ready for a new massive adventure! =)
This and Zelda U are two games that will take a bunch of time to finish. Smile
KingreX32
I cant wait to play this game. Im not a big rpg fan but this game has me very excited.
KokorOtaku
The only game I have that's that big is LEGO City Undercover
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)