Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
What was the last game you beat?Yesterday at 3:19 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?July 19th 2024, 10:17 pmKokorOtakuYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)July 19th 2024, 10:14 pmKokorOtakuNews: Two HUGE NSO Updates Have Dropped This Month With A Whopping 10 Games In-Total!!July 13th 2024, 1:45 pmKokorOtakuThe Legend of Zelda Creative Designs TopicJuly 1st 2024, 12:18 pmStaroceancrazy

Total Votes : 5          

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Another Gimped Port?!

eshop: Oddworld New 'N' Tasty Not Cancelled But Developer Wants To Make Sure The File Doesn't Exceed 8 GB Oddwor10

Oddworld creator Lorne Lanning has mentioned that his title Oddworld New ‘n’ Tasty hasn't been cancelled for the Wii U, but rather the developer is trying to cut some corners in order to make sure that the game's file-size is under 8 GB so all Wii U owners can enjoy the game regardless of which model of Wii U the own. Here's what mr. Lanning had to say during an interview with the folks of the Fragments of Silicon Podcast series

Lorne Lanning wrote:You know, we’re having challenges without having a hard disk, but we’re trying to overcome those challenges. Because really I am desperate to be on Nintendo. I mean as a a big fan of Nintendo through the ages and never having one of my games on it, I feel like a left out stepchild.

I also feel like Oddworld was always right for the Nintendo audience. The Nintendo audience is not necessarily looking for Call of Duty, right? And I’ve always felt sort of connected to that Nintendo audience as a player and sad that we haven’t been able to be there as a participant.

So we’re trying to figure it out. And at the end of the day, it’s ultimately time and money and can you do it. But you know, we have a significant amount of money – I should say investment – in time, investment in effort in trying to resolve that issue. But again, if I guaranteed it, I might be being silly. What I can say is we’re absolutely giving it out best effort and we want to succeed. But it is a challenge not having a hard disk.

I’m not the one who is the most up on it to speak to it that intelligently, but I certainly hear the hardships. …But let’s face it, right? If you’re going to make a game for the Wii U, it better run on an 8 gig unit. Otherwise it’s not really a Wii U game.

And it’s like I’m desperate to get on Nintendo. I believe that Oddworld will resonate well with this audience. I believe it always would have. The cartridge days made it impossible for us, I mean Abe’s Oddysee couldn’t fit on an N64 cartridge. And so we just couldn’t even fit the games on there because there was just too much pre-rendered content. Just the movies alone wouldn’t fit on the cartridge…

What do you think about this delay? Would you rather the developer not reduce the file-size so the Wii U ends up with the same game as the other consoles or do you want a smaller file to conserve space? Let us know in our poll and in our comments below!

eshop: Oddworld New 'N' Tasty Not Cancelled But Developer Wants To Make Sure The File Doesn't Exceed 8 GB 19654

eshop: Oddworld New 'N' Tasty Not Cancelled But Developer Wants To Make Sure The File Doesn't Exceed 8 GB 87457210

eshop: Oddworld New 'N' Tasty Not Cancelled But Developer Wants To Make Sure The File Doesn't Exceed 8 GB Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
file size shouldnt matter since even matter since even if they do get it below 8GB you still need space for other games and will most likely upgrade to a bigger hard drive anyway! plus retail titles can go up to 25GB on WiiU ATM
KeAfan7
Agreed, all model's can utilize external hard-drives and cutting corners will only hurt sales given the fact that the game will be cheaper on the other consoles by the time it releases on the Wii U so who would pay more money to download a gimped version of the game?! eshop: Oddworld New 'N' Tasty Not Cancelled But Developer Wants To Make Sure The File Doesn't Exceed 8 GB 1625187496
KokorOtaku
We need more games like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 WiiU, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge, Bayonetta, and any other non gimped versions of games by 3RD parties! (the only thing keeping me from TTT2 is the price on eShop)
Trinity33
Oh great here comes another inferior port for the Wii U! When it doesn't sell well the developer will probably pull their support of the Wii U consoles because "Wii U owners don't buy their games". Defeated
ToughGamer
Their logic is just plain dumb. The Wii U needs quality ports not watered down crappy ports.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)