Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Indio Galaxy 3!

Arcane Pixel Games' new project Tiny Galaxy for the Wii U will undoubtedly remind Nintendo fans of the Super Mario Galaxy games, but on a much smaller scale. The game looks quite intriguing, however it has had a very rough first day on Kickstarter with only $86.00 raised so far. If you have any interest in this fantastic looking indie title you should contribute to the campaign if only to donate the minimum of $1 since every bit of money will help this campaign!

Here's some info from the developer's Kickstarter project page:

Arcane Pixel Games wrote:Tiny Galaxy is a new gravity based, rotational platforming game coming out for the Wii U from Nintendo! Typical platformers have the player move from point A (your starting point) to point B (end of level) on a flat, left to right area. Tiny Galaxy breaks that up by taking traditional platformer elements and bending it all into round planets instead of platforms. Each individual planet has its own gravitational pull rather than relying on straight down, plain old boring gravity! Tiny Galaxy will include 5 worlds, a forest world, a world made up of fruit slices and candy, a world of frozen planets, a world of dying planets, and finally a world of metal inorganic planets. Each world will consist of 10-15 levels. The final level count has not yet been determined but will range from 50 to 75. This will be dependent on the final downloadable file size.

Features

Tiny Galaxy will support off screen game play using the Wii U GamePad controller. The touch screen is also being used to navigate the games menus as well as for level selection. A very important feature many developers do not think about is adding accessibility features in their games for disabled gamers. Taking this into consideration I have implemented a way to play Tiny Galaxy, one handed, right hand or left hand. This uses the Wii Remote Plus controller and uses the D-Pad to move and the B trigger to jump. These features a planned for the launch of the game, to be used on day one! I have also been experimenting with a completely limbless operation of the game using the Wii Balance Board. The idea is when a player shifts their weight, or applies pressure to the different areas of the balance board, this will allow the player to move and jump. Unfortunately the balance has been difficult to work with and this feature may not make into the final version of the game. I want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy and play the games I make so future updates may allow the use of my currently, experimental, balance board use.

We'll keep you updated as further details emerge and hope to see your thoughts regarding this new Kickstarter campaign in our comments below! And lastly here is a real-time stat-tracker of the Kickstarter campaign so you can see how much money the campaign has currently raised and how much time is remaining in the campaign:

Source: Official Tiny Galaxy Kickstarter page

Kickstarter: Tiny Galaxy Wii U Kickstarter Campaign Has Launched! 19654

Kickstarter: Tiny Galaxy Wii U Kickstarter Campaign Has Launched! 87457210

Kickstarter: Tiny Galaxy Wii U Kickstarter Campaign Has Launched! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Ragnarok
I already backed the game. This game needs more support and I don't understand why the campaign is having such an awful start so far. Sad
Anonymous
August 24th 2014, 1:45 amArcane Pixel
@Ragnarok first let me say thanks for the support! Its kind of been a rough day here for me having a slow start to the KS campaign. But rest assured, Tiny Galaxy will be coming to the Wii U and PC even if the KS doesnt work out... it would just be a massive help if it did Smile

As to why its gotten off to a slow start, Ive been told that Kickstarter placement is based on A. Backers and B. Shares. So if people go on look at it and back it, awesome thats a huge help, but if you share it via facebook and/or twitter that helps its placement on the site so people browsing KS can find it. I dont know how accurate that information is though. As far as Ive seen, most of the backers for Tiny Galaxy have come from the post that GoNintendo posted on their website, so Im hoping that awesome sites like wiiwarewave, that have posted info about the KS will also have the same effect. But again, Im super grateful for you supporting me and Tiny Galaxy and I cant thank you enough

TL;DR SHARE SHARE SHARE THANK YOU ALL FOR BACKING AND THE SUPPORT!
KeAfan7
@ArcanePixel I just highlighted your post to make it more visible to members and visitors! I'll see what I can do about backing you as well, but I can't make any guarantees given my financial situation. Wink
SuperVash
Arcane Pixel wrote:@Ragnarok first let me say thanks for the support! Its kind of been a rough day here for me having a slow start to the KS campaign. But rest assured, Tiny Galaxy will be coming to the Wii U and PC even if the KS doesnt work out... it would just be a massive help if it did Smile

As to why its gotten off to a slow start, Ive been told that Kickstarter placement is based on A. Backers and B. Shares. So if people go on look at it and back it, awesome thats a huge help, but if you share it via facebook and/or twitter that helps its placement on the site so people browsing KS can find it. I dont know how accurate that information is though. As far as Ive seen, most of the backers for Tiny Galaxy have come from the post that GoNintendo posted on their website, so Im hoping that awesome sites like wiiwarewave, that have posted info about the KS will also have the same effect. But again, Im super grateful for you supporting me and Tiny Galaxy and I cant thank you enough

Your game looks awesome! I just backed it with a $1 donation. Cool
DigiDestined
Arcane Pixel wrote:@Ragnarok first let me say thanks for the support! Its kind of been a rough day here for me having a slow start to the KS campaign. But rest assured, Tiny Galaxy will be coming to the Wii U and PC even if the KS doesnt work out... it would just be a massive help if it did Smile

Good luck on your campaign. =)
Aqua Cherry Blossom
DigiDestined wrote:

Good luck on your campaign. =)
Good luck lol. Smile
Aqua Cherry Blossom
The Kickstarter was cancelled. Sad
KeAfan7
Xiao Pai wrote:The Kickstarter was cancelled. Sad
What a shame. Hopefully the game will still get funding somehow. Wink
Anonymous
August 27th 2014, 2:12 amArcane Pixel
There was an incredible amount of hate mail coming to me for even creating a Kickstarter for Tiny Galaxy so I figured it would just be best to cancel it. I didnt want all the hate I was getting to spread and possibly negatively effect the launch of my first ever major game. That being said, no worries... Tiny Galaxy is STILL on track and coming to the Wii U. victory I have another year of student loans left in me so Im just going to fund it like that. There was a pretty awesome ex-infinity ward employee on there backing and he gave me so amazing advice, so thats what happened. But guess what? I MIGHT be able to release Tiny Galaxy before the end of the year, rather than Feb. of 2015! So maybe it was all for the best.

Thanks to all of you for support and if you want, you can keep up with me on twitter or check the Tiny Galaxy site on occasion for new updates. Im starting to work on some secret hidden levels and such. Good stuff is in the future for Tiny Galaxy.
KeAfan7
@Arcane Pixel if you'd like we could create a donation page for your game in our forums if you provide us with a link to your Paypal Donation Button "not the account itself just the link that is associated with your donation button. We might be a small community so you might only make a small amount of money total, but I can guarantee you that our members wouldn't heckle you. Wink

Anyways it's entirely up to you. We're looking forward to learning more about your upcoming title so if you want to do an interview with us or reveal any news regarding Tiny Galaxy feel free to contact us on Twitter or using the Contact Us link located in the footer of our website. Wink
Anonymous
Its all good, I dont need any donations or anything, I really appreciate the offer though. Im cool with doing any interviews or anything you would want to do though. Very Happy Im always free to talk about the game or plans for it. Let me know. You can email me p0taytersAtgmail(dot)com with anything you need or questions. Thanks for the offers!
Otaku
Good luck with your project mr. developer! Very Happy
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)