Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
An SNES Classic Shows A Possible Display Method!

Feature: AVGD: Is This What Most DS Games Will Look Like On The Wii U Gamepad? Wwwavg10

Many people have been wondering how Nintendo would manage to display the DS's dual screens properly on the Wii U Gamepad since the console was confirmed for future use on the Wii U Virtual Console Service. Many believed that Nintendo would be forced to use the TV as a second screen for horizontally displayed games, while others have said that only vertically displayed games would be released due to the shape and size of the Gamepad's screen, but looking at the classic SNES title Super Mario Kart it seems that could be the display method that Nintendo uses for their DS titles on the Wii U Virtual Console Service!

Feature: AVGD: Is This What Most DS Games Will Look Like On The Wii U Gamepad? Wiiu_103

The dimensions of the screen might not be pixel perfect, but it certainly would work for DS titles, furthermore it would allow for easy use of the top/bottom screen touch controls in many games and would allow players to easily see important information on both screens simultaneously!

While this method might not be the best looking solution in-terms of visually keeping the games looking as nice as they did on their original hardware it would certainly be one of the most practical ways of making most DS titles fully playable on the Wii U!

Feature: AVGD: Is This What Most DS Games Will Look Like On The Wii U Gamepad? Wiiu_104

Well that's just our theory on the matter, but what do you guys think? Do you think that our theory is plausible or do you have your own theory about how Nintendo is going to display DS games purchased through the Wii U Virtual Console Service? Let us know in our comments below!

Feature: AVGD: Is This What Most DS Games Will Look Like On The Wii U Gamepad? 19654

Feature: AVGD: Is This What Most DS Games Will Look Like On The Wii U Gamepad? 87457210

Feature: AVGD: Is This What Most DS Games Will Look Like On The Wii U Gamepad? Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Aussiegamer
The theory seems likely.
Great feature mate! :-D
Himawari Chan
This is the only way that I can see DS games working because using the TV as one screen and the gamepad as another would be very awkward. Nice feature Rukiafan! Smile
KokorOtaku
well at least i would disprove the theory that only the book style games would come to VC... seriously thats like less the 10 games :-/
Himawari Chan
passioNATE wrote:well at least i would disprove the theory that only the book style games would come to VC... seriously thats like less the 10 games :-/
How would that make you disprove that theory?
Also the second part of your post doesn't make any sense. scratch

On second thought it does make sense you just made a few typos lol. I'm going to Feature: AVGD: Is This What Most DS Games Will Look Like On The Wii U Gamepad? 1625187496 myself right now. Laughing
Anonymous
I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't be able to program DS games to use the same dual screen settings as Super Mario Kart and add touch screen controls!
Otaku-kun is right there aren't enough vertical screen games for Nintendo to waste their time adding the DS to the supported classic hardware of the Wii U VC so they must have an idea to allow any DS game to be ported on their emulator! I love you
KeAfan7
Thanks for all of your comments on this article! Wink
Amufungal
Nice feature Rukiafan Smile
This was just what WiiWareWave needed Smile
Ulqiorrathegreat
passioNATE wrote:Well at least it would disprove the theory that only the book style games would come to VC... seriously thats like less then 10 games :-/
I don't even know why people assume that. It makes no sense at all.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)