Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Go down
John Knight
John Knight

WiiWareWave was hacked please be patient for updates Empty WiiWareWave was hacked please be patient for updates

January 28th 2013, 12:01 am
WiiWareWave was hacked several days ago, but Rukiafan managed to give the intruder the boot. Unfortunately the hacker managed to delete Rukiafan's account and demote the staff before he was booted so we will not be able to update WiiWareWave or post articles until this issue is resolved. Thank you for your understanding.
Anonymous

WiiWareWave was hacked please be patient for updates Empty Re: WiiWareWave was hacked please be patient for updates

January 28th 2013, 12:30 am
OMG! That's why there's no admin panel after all. I just wanted to update the chatbox with a new Mario Theme!

That's why the 'outage' over the weekend. I couldn't connect to WiiWareWave for like half an hour. The odd thing is, his account wasn't deleted and I'm seeing accounts in groups that don't belong there. He's still group moderator and he still has like 3,600 posts. There has been a similar case couple of weeks ago. Can't he just restore it with a backup?
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

WiiWareWave was hacked please be patient for updates Empty Re: WiiWareWave was hacked please be patient for updates

January 28th 2013, 1:37 am
The issue has been resolved, but we need to find all of the adventure-island links and remove them to prevent this from happening again. Neutral

WiiWareWave was hacked please be patient for updates 19654

WiiWareWave was hacked please be patient for updates 87457210

WiiWareWave was hacked please be patient for updates Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!

January 28th 2013, 1:38 am
My profile looks rather strange. scratch

Anonymous

January 28th 2013, 3:45 am
What? Strange? Hmm... I'll have a look at that too, then. What are Adventure-Island links?
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

January 28th 2013, 8:01 am
Rukiafan you did good. Thanks for getting the site back up. Thanks to everyone who helped and wished us luck.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

WiiWareWave was hacked please be patient for updates Captaincanucksigcopy
Tasuki
Tasuki

January 28th 2013, 10:33 am
Are you seeking legal action against the hacker? It sounds like you have an idea who it was.
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

January 28th 2013, 11:03 am
Weird I never noticed...

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

January 28th 2013, 12:39 pm
Why is our profile field transparent now? It looks ugly. Neutral

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

January 28th 2013, 11:51 pm
@Tasuki I have no idea who it was, but I know the hacker used a backdoor from our co-owner Sneaker's website to attack us, which is why it was so easy to patch the site to prevent the hacker from continuing to use the exploit. Wink

Tasuki
Tasuki

January 29th 2013, 1:27 am
Well its good to know that you fixed it so it wont happen again. Great job in fixing up the site as well I know it wasnt easy.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

January 29th 2013, 7:28 am
Ive noticed the new background. do you want me to make a new logo to fit?

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

WiiWareWave was hacked please be patient for updates Captaincanucksigcopy
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)