Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 10:42 amKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Surfs Up!

This is just a beta test, but I had fun creating the artificial British host of the beta test named Voice Synthia Cizer! Well silliness aside this podcast series just won't work on the Wii or 3DS, but it should work with any device that has Flash player 9.

Update!-Episode 3: 3DS Edition is now available

Update!-Episode 4: eshop 72 episode 1 available

Update!-Episode 5: WiiU reveal event part 1

Update! Listen to our beta podcast on itunes or mobile podcast apps by using this RSS feed in the app! http://wiiwarewave.podomatic.com/rss2.xml

If you can't view the media player above visit this link. http://wiiwarewave.podomatic.com/entry/2012-09-10T17_47_46-07_00

Please comment below!

Last edited by Rukiafan on September 14th 2012, 3:45 pm; edited 4 times in total

WiiWareWave Podcast! [Update] Episodes 4 and 5 Released! + RSS Feed! 19654

WiiWareWave Podcast! [Update] Episodes 4 and 5 Released! + RSS Feed! 87457210

WiiWareWave Podcast! [Update] Episodes 4 and 5 Released! + RSS Feed! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
I'll keep the artificial A.I. host until I get a microphone or someone else volunteers to be host. I'll try to see if I can add some music in the next beta test. Wink

Last edited by Rukiafan on September 11th 2012, 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Staroceancrazy
What on Hyrule are you talking about!? Prinny
Synthia Cizor isn't a real person!? Surprised
KeAfan7
Nope the voice was created using a voice synthesizer hence her code name "Voice Synthia Cizer" Wink
christicehurst
Good start, just don't listen to it late at night because it might give you nightmares with that voice Smile
KeAfan7
I tweaked the voice a bit on the 4:30 Beta Test #2. Wink

The next beta test will be in a few days so I can see if I can add music to the podcast and improve Voice Synthia Cizer's emotional tone "doubtful, but it's worth a try." We need to also start looking into who will become host of the podcast, so we don't get upstaged by a computer lol. Laughing
KeAfan7
Unfortunately I accidentally named the show Brian Roper's Podcast, so I guess I'll be the host, or at least "the starring host." What do you guys think about the beta test program Voice Synthia Cizer?

Would you like her to have some kind of side role in the actual podcast series, besides a fail safe substitute host? Possibly introducing hosts and guests or something?
christicehurst
Why are you using a Voice Synthia Cizer?
Biorn the Viking
Oh God. Microsoft Sam's sister? lol. I like the idea of this podcast, but it needs more production time. You need to present the podcast in such a way that would make people want to listen to them. Also, sorry for the lack of news updates. Occupied with work. >.<
KingreX32
DUDE what can I do tohelp you out with this.
christicehurst
Check out some of my podcasts for a idea on things. My first video show was abit flat and it's understanding-able when there's that lack of news - that will solved in two days time Smile
KeAfan7
KingreX32 wrote:DUDE what can I do tohelp you out with this.

Do you have sound editing software and Wav file storage?
If so I could upload the podcast files for you and you could edit in music and sound effects. Wink

That would help out greatly. I'm going to eventually make a beta test that is in the format and length of a full podcast episode 15-20 minutes long to see how well everything works before our host/s is/are chosen, but we need a music/sound editor, before we can make the final beta versions.

BTW, if I can't become a host for whatever reason, I will make a segment where I answer member questions using a male synthesized voice to answer their questions since I unwittingly named the podcast Brian Roper's podcast by creating the account with my Facebook profile, so I need to participate on some level. Embarassed

So ultimately the podcasts will need to be edited by multiple staff members, but I will need to be sent the final version to upload since our PodOmatic account is linked to my Facebook profile. Embarassed
GreenwithEnvy
Wow, great!
Way better then NintendoLife
Clαππαd
Nice start Rukiafan. Smile
Welcome to WiiWareWave GreenwithEnvy!
Anonymous
I had no idea computerized voice technology had become so advanced! Surprised
KeAfan7
For those who haven't heard, Beta episode 3 is available and it's a 3DS special! Wink

It should be available above and you should be able to obtain the RSS feed for the beta podcast on our public profile at www.podOmatic.com so you can stream or download our beta podcast on your iphone, android, etc. plus our files are high quality wav format, which might not be as good as an MP3, but the file-size is less than half the size of an MP3 format file, so steaming and fast downloads should be possible even with slower internet speeds!
Killeryoshii
WTF! This isn't the best, but I'm surprised how well that computer hosted these beta podcasts. Surprised
Killeryoshii
Komicturtle, Marioman18, GamerZack, Sneaker, and StarOceanCrazy were all mentioned in the episode 3 podcast.
Objection Blaster
Congratulations to those who were mentioned!
I think once music is added this mini podcast series could be good even before a host has been chosen.
KingreX32
Rukiafan wrote:
KingreX32 wrote:DUDE what can I do tohelp you out with this.

Do you have sound editing software and Wav file storage?
If so I could upload the podcast files for you and you could edit in music and sound effects. Wink

That would help out greatly. I'm going to eventually make a beta test that is in the format and length of a full podcast episode 15-20 minutes long to see how well everything works before our host/s is/are chosen, but we need a music/sound editor, before we can make the final beta versions.

BTW, if I can't become a host for whatever reason, I will make a segment where I answer member questions using a male synthesized voice to answer their questions since I unwittingly named the podcast Brian Roper's podcast by creating the account with my Facebook profile, so I need to participate on some level. Embarassed

So ultimately the podcasts will need to be edited by multiple staff members, but I will need to be sent the final version to upload since our PodOmatic account is linked to my Facebook profile. Embarassed

I have sound editing software. Imstillplaying around with it. Ive also got something called mixpad.
NINTENBRO
It appears as if this new podcast feature is being very well received by WiiWareWave's member's. Congratulations Rukiafan!
KeAfan7
Thank you my friend. Wink
KeAfan7
If you haven't listened to our beta podcasts yet, please do. Your input will help us create a great podcast once we find a host. Wink
KeAfan7
Episodes 4 and 5 have been released and the RSS feed for itunes and other podcast apps has been posted. Wink
Staroceancrazy
Episode 5 seems to cut out during the middle of the podcast and there is a special WiiWare report episode that was just released without notice
DigiDestined
It's better than nothing, but the podcast has a long ways to go before it is professional quality
NINTENBRO
christicehurst wrote:Why are you using a Voice Synthia Cizer?

Well, maybe Rukiafan doesn't feel as if he has the right type of voice for media broadcasting, or maybe he's just not comfortable with using his own voice. I think we should all just quit complaining and show a little more appreciation, for the time spent out of Brian's day to produce these optional WiiWareWave features.
KeAfan7
The reason? My microphone isn't working. Laughing
Yusei Fudo
Not the best, but considering it's automated and only one person with limited tools at his disposal it's amazing that it is actually not horrible to listen to. Nice work Rukiafan. victory
[NL] Fishing Resort
September 20th 2012, 11:51 am[NL] Fishing Resort
That voice lol. ><
Still I would never had guessed that the podcast voice wasn't a human voice. :->
Terra
It's not bad for an automated podcast. Wink
ToughGamer
It's decent.
KingreX32
when can we expect the next episode.
KeAfan7
In a week or so, because I just got a microphone so I'll be making the first non beta podcast over the next several days. Wink
pizzacore
So the official alpha version is coming soon? Very Happy
LizofDoom
Cool I'll be sure to catch episode one of your first official podcast.
Amufungal
Brian has your microphone been delivered to your home yet?
NINTENBRO
Hey Rukiafan, couldn't you record your podcast's on your 3DS and upload them from the SD card? Or do you think it would it be too difficult to keep every episode at a maximum of ten minutes?
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)