Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
What was the last game you beat?Yesterday at 3:19 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:17 pmKokorOtakuYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:14 pmKokorOtakuNews: Two HUGE NSO Updates Have Dropped This Month With A Whopping 10 Games In-Total!!Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:45 pmKokorOtakuThe Legend of Zelda Creative Designs TopicMon Jul 01, 2024 12:18 pmStaroceancrazy

Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome

+5
RyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
Biorn the Viking
Tasuki
Komicturtle
9 posters
Go down
Komicturtle
Komicturtle

Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome Empty Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:15 pm
Hello,

As most of you know, I'm a new Graphic Designer for WiiWarewave. I'll be creating some graphic arts (such as banners) to be used here on this website. One thing I'm planning and sorting out are "Custom Themes". I'm planning on crafting at least six samples and will be showing them here. The reason I'm bringing this up and getting this out is because I'd like some input from our amazing community. I'd like to hear some suggestions, criticisms and the like to craft great themes to be used on WiiWareWave. Because I'm not the only one who is going to be using these themes, everyone is.

Okay, to get to the point- what kind of themes would you guys like to see? A theme of Mario? Monster Hunter? Earthbound? Or how about Luigi's Mansion?

Sound off and let me know. I don't want anyone to be disappointed if suggestions don't come to fruition. Even then, this is only a Sample Project. What you see here will only be sample and some rough ideas. Nothing is final. Yet.

So get some ideas together and let me know. Tell me what color scheme should be used. How the orientation should be. It's a community project. Collaboration is what is going to make this fun and just plain awesome to do.

Cheers! busy

Tasuki

Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome Empty Re: Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:02 am
I know this is a bit early but a Castlevania Theme would so be perfect for Halloween. With the Gothic style artwork like from Aria of Sorrow or SotN. But not that Japanese bubble gum art of Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, or Order of Ecclesia.
Komicturtle
Komicturtle

Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome Empty Re: Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:25 am
Ah, Castlevania. And don't worry- I'll be making themes that stay true to the tone of the series Smile

Biorn the Viking

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:10 pm
Count me in for feedback! Castlevania would be perfect for Halloween times. Maybe prepare something for every holiday season like Christmas, Valentines, and Easter.

Although I strongly doubt the odds of this one happening, I'd love to see a No More Heroes-based theme.

Looking forward to viewing those sample designs! Very Happy

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:16 am
Update.

I'm gathering resources now to get to work on the Castlevania Theme. Been busy with other things but I'm aiming to finish a sample by Friday or Saturday. Really liking the things I'm picking out for this theme!

@Ultimatum
I'm not entirely familiar with No More Heroes, but I'll see what I can put together and if I can find a proper font for it for Photoshop.

KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:28 am
We should change themes to celebrate holidays and upcoming releases or events, so with the upcoming unveiling of Wii U information, a Wii U theme might be a good idea, but the Castlevania one would be perfect for Halloween. Wink

Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome 19654

Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome 87457210

Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:17 pm
I think a number of characters, enemies and items from various Nintendo franchises would make a great standard theme. This is a Nintendo site, after all. Wink

Maybe they could all be having fun in the ocean or something, thus signifying the "Wave" suffix.

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:27 pm
ive been trying to get rid of the last story bnner up top there but my computer is being a dick.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome Captaincanucksigcopy
Komicturtle
Komicturtle

Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome Empty Castlevania Theme Samples

Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:30 pm
Finally, I bring you the Castlevania themes!

Thanks Tasuki for your suggestion!

The following is the full news site template sample
Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome CastleWave02

This is the vanilla template without the website's news/forums parts
Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome Castlewave01

I'm willing to take more suggestions! And I'll be working on some other special themes for holidays, game releases and WiiU in the coming days, weeks, months- you get it.

Chhers! victory

KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:33 pm
I can't see anything. Neutral

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:12 pm
It's photobucket x_x What image site are you able to see? imgur, tinypic...?

KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:16 pm
Idk my pc and Wii can't even view embedded Youtube videos anymore, either. Neutral

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:14 pm
Nice work, Komickamek! Wink

I take it that's the Halloween theme? I wonder what you'll cook up for the website in the meantime. Very Happy

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:57 pm
@Rukia I'm sorry to hear that.. If you want, I can email you the samples to see Smile

@GamerZack
Nah, this was made upon request by Tasuki. It does work perfectly well for Halloween no doubt however

Tasuki

Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:12 am
Wow that looks great Komic. You did a great job on that and yes I agree it would be perfect for Halloween. You're welcome for the suggestion as well.

Keep up the good work.
Anonymous

Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:15 pm
Nice theme KomicTurtle. Smile
Sakura chan
Sakura chan

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:17 pm
I suggest a La-Mulana theme now because La-Mulana is going to finally see a release in North American and European regions.

There has been much hype for this game so it seems appropriate. Smile

John Knight
John Knight

Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:28 pm
The Castlevania theme is spectacular. I agree with Sakura Chan our next special theme should be for La-Mulana.
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:49 pm
I can see it on the Wii browser. Can you see it now Rukiafan?

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:00 pm
@KomicTurtle could you create a draft La-Mulana theme? I'm curious to see how it turns out. Wink

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:16 pm
For sure. I'm going to have to read up on La-Mulana since I only know two things of it: It's a Wiiware game and it has some guy with an explorer cap on off the top of my head. Expect to see a draft later this week Smile

KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:19 pm
I'm looking forward to seeing it. Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:02 am
Just throwing it into the water (and hoping the ducks chow on it), but how about a Final Fantasy IV: The After Years theme, or even a My Life as a King vs. My Life as a Darklord theme. That'd be sweet. Smile

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:03 pm
I'll throw that in the queue. Thanks for the suggestion.

RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:26 pm
No problem. I'm happy to pitch ideas. Wink

NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:51 pm
I can't wait to behold the new WiiWareWave image. Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome 631737971

Admin

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:49 pm
WOW Komiturtle. Just Wow. Those look great.

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:54 pm
Thanks Kingre Smile
I noticed some errors and how I could have made the top banner more.. appealing and cleaner. But again, practicing and learning to master. I'm planning on correcting some errors in the Castlevania theme through the La-Mulana theme.

Oh, and in regards to that, work may get delayed a bit as some personal issues came up. It shouldn't impact the project too much but just something I need to address and get together. I'll finish the theme by Friday I'm hoping. As the release gets closer I'm also hoping more images and art surfaces to make the most of creating this theme.

I might even download the game even though I hadn't known much about it besides Nicalis bringing it over and how people have waited oh so long. Pretty exciting I must say.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:52 pm
I wonder what the theme will look like? Smile
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:52 pm
I made a post in the staff section of wiiwarewave. its called "check these out"

Check em out. LOL

KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:05 am

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:28 pm
Update:

Well, this LaMulana theme isn't coming together as nicely as I'd it want to. And I'm referring to lack of art and media of the game. I have the top banner nailed though so here's a peek at it (still unfinished)
Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome LaMulanabannersample

I'll be prowling around some more to find more resources so I can crack down on this theme. I apologize if it's taking so long. But I want to spend as much time as possible to make the theme look as fabulous it can possibly be and improve on my Photoshop skills. I don't think my Castlevania theme was as polished as it should have been in retrospect. Bear with me!

NINTENBRO

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:37 pm
We'll try to wait a little longer Komicturtle, but after that you're in trouble buddy. Ha! I'm just kidding. You should be good, as long as we don't reach our second anniversary first.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:41 pm
Yeah, it's a shame there isn't much up for the game. Lots of it are shoddy and aren't good. I love the character art. That stood out to me. I may have to track down some South American or African images since the game has that jungle-esque thing going on. I felt like sharing a piece of what I have so far. And even then it's not much.

KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:50 pm
The banner looks nice! Wink

NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:57 pm
Maybe the theme's background could be like a picture of a clearing leading to a temple in the middle of the jungle. I know South America has some location's exactly like that, so you could probably locate a picture fairly easily.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:00 pm
@Rukia Thanks Smile

@Nintendbro
I was thinking of that, actually. I'll see what I can find and pick the best looking and best fitting. There's surely a lot out there. And I want the best.

KingreX32
Admin

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:21 pm
Did you see my post. Its the first one on this page. I wanted your feedback

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:08 pm
Sorry to keep you all waiting. This is what I have so far for the LaMulana Theme. It may not look much (because it really isn't), but because I'm so picky about how things turn out...

Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome LaMulanatheme

I don't want to say it's complete, but I don't want to say it's totally incomplete.. If that makes sense.

So, what do you guys think of it? Any other suggestions?

The bar beneath the banner is a simple placeholder to give me a rough idea of where it's supposed to be placed- parallel and all. Looking at it, it seems somewhat off center.

As for the background, I've made it darker than what it really is by changing contrast, brightness, saturation, etc. I think I got that all right. If you notice, there's a little sprite on a cliff I took from a sprite sheet (same goes for the news topic).

Again, sorry it took so long. Have been busy with other matters but this was real fun to put together. Let me know what you think!

Thanks. victory

NINTENBRO

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:42 pm
I really like the background.

Admin

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:38 am
I agree. Also check the topic again.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)