Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor

Are you a retro gamer?

+4
KokorOtaku
KeAfan7
Tasuki
Marioman18
8 posters
Go down
Marioman18
Marioman18

Are you a retro gamer? Empty Are you a retro gamer?

August 21st 2012, 12:25 pm
Do you prefer retro games or modern games more?

Are you a retro gamer? Pbucket
Tasuki
Tasuki

Are you a retro gamer? Empty Re: Are you a retro gamer?

August 21st 2012, 12:54 pm
TBH I prefer older games alot more. Mainly the 8 bit and 16 bit era with a smidgen of the 64 Era. It seems to me that companies put more though in their games back than due to the limitation of graphics and such but that could just be me.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

August 21st 2012, 12:59 pm
I like both, but I feel that the video games software reached their peak entertainment value during the PS2/GC era and have since become a little too casual for my liking.

There are still plenty of good games being created, but they rarely live up to the standards that the last generation set, except casual titles such as Fishing Resort.

Are you a retro gamer? 19654

Are you a retro gamer? 87457210

Are you a retro gamer? Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

August 21st 2012, 1:23 pm
Retro, it's seems today's games are not creative

August 21st 2012, 2:50 pm
High definition resolution graphics and special effects take center stage in today's world of gaming. Back in the late 80s and early 90s, entertaining gameplay was most important feature. Developers only had the ability to do so much back then, and so they had to make the best of what they had access to. Retro videogames all had their own certain character and charm, because that was the only way to set them apart from the rest of the market. Nowadays, it's too much about flash and not enough of anything else.

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

August 21st 2012, 3:35 pm
I definitely prefer retro titles, especially since every other game nowadays is an FPS. Bleurgh! Razz

The only modern games I enjoy a lot are those made by Nintendo. They always put more emphasis on gameplay above visuals, resulting in masterpieces such as the Super Mario Galaxy duology. Even though people complained about them being low-definition, they were still highly enjoyable due to the fresh, gravity-defying gameplay and dramatic orchestral music. Smile

That reminds me, I need to get Super Mario Galaxy 2 and play it all the way through...

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
Chrono_Cross
Chrono_Cross

August 21st 2012, 6:37 pm
Rukiafan wrote:I like both, but I feel that the video games software reached their peak entertainment value during the PS2/GC era and have since become a little too casual for my liking.

There are still plenty of good games being created, but they rarely live up to the standards that the last generation set, except casual titles such as Fishing Resort.
This.

Comparing the difficulty of my Gamecube collection to my Wii or even PlayStation 3 collection is embarrassing. Games like Super Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX and Resident Evil aren't exactly easy to beat. lol

DigiDestined
DigiDestined
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

August 21st 2012, 9:01 pm
Creativity, difficulty, and artstyle were all so much better before this current generation, but Nintendo still excells at two of those three important points. Smile

Dark Link: No I hate you too $#!%&$!
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

August 21st 2012, 9:30 pm
DigiDestined wrote:Creativity, difficulty, and artstyle were all so much better before this current generation, but Nintendo still excells at two of those three important points. Smile
The art style in Nintendo's titles is terrible?! Surprised

Just kidding, I know what you mean DigiDestined. Wink

I particularly enjoy retro sequels and remakes, with Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver being my favourite by far, though Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen is quite enjoyable. The NSMB series is also great fun, especially with friends and family. I guess in a way they meet both criteria.

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)