Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)April 28th 2024, 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Urbanix is a game that plays alot like the classic pc game Qix!

Gameplay

The gameplay is simple,you must develop the land by creating roads that connect to each other in a grid like pattern while avoiding enemies! sound easy?
well it's not as you only have a limited time to complete each level!

Explore 3 different terrains Earth,The North Pole,and The Moon.
Each terrain has different rules and problems to deal with,but this reviewer only found the moon to be a real challenge

I've got one important tip to give to new players,stop those darn Home Wreckers as they will destroy homes and force you to have to redevelop the area,luckily Home Wreckers are not too dangerous as they will flee if you approach them,but they will be quite a handful on later levels.......

Graphics and Sound

The graphics are fairly simple in this game as the game has a rustic windows 98ish 3d look with colorful backgrounds and clunky 3d character and object models,but given the gameplay it is a perfect fit!

The sound effects in Urbanix are quite hectic and in some cases annoying,and the music is cute,but gets pretty annoying as well.

Bottom line-With good gameplay based on a 20+ year old classic pc game,cute graphics,and music that is cute albeit a tad annoying,this is a title that can be quite entertaining,but certainly could be better,however at 500 Nintendo points fans of arcade games,and classic cpu games should at least consider purchasing Urbanix.

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆ 6.8/10

6- Decent This game has flaws or major flaws such as, poor controls, bad gameplay elements, poorly implemented gimmicks, minor sound or graphics issues etc. But can be fun, but not necessarily as fun as you'd hope.
Attachments
Review: Urbanix (WiiWare) Attachment
Urbanix.bmp You don't have permission to download attachments.(37 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Review: Urbanix (WiiWare) Attachment
Urbanix2.bmp You don't have permission to download attachments.(27 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by Reanfan on October 22nd 2018, 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Aussiegamer
May 29th 2011, 4:27 pmAussiegamer
I thought this game would get a lower score Neutral

Anyway good review rukiafan!
NINTENBRO
October 4th 2011, 3:37 pmNINTENBRO
I guess it was just removed from the WiiShop. I'm going to have to hurry up and purchase Burn the Rope and Mr. Driller W, before they come up missing too.
Ms_Kinomoto
October 4th 2011, 9:15 pmMs_Kinomoto
It looks like it is back on the Wii shop Smile
Paragoomba
October 11th 2011, 7:40 pmParagoomba
This game is okay but escapeVektor is a much better Qix re-imagining king
NINTENBRO
October 11th 2011, 8:00 pmNINTENBRO
Yeah, I'm enjoying escape VeKtor too. Even though I've been stuck on level 7 since it's release. I'll get the nick of it sooner or later. I just haven't been practicing enough, since I've been putting most of my playtime into Moto Heroz. Although, I'm starting to become a little burnt out on Moto Heroz, so I might get back to it soon. Well, if I don't get into Blaster Master Overdrive first, I really like that game and I just downloaded it last week.

Last edited by WiiAboutU on October 12th 2011, 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
SKTTR
October 12th 2011, 4:28 amSKTTR
Paragoomba wrote:This game is okay but escapeVektor is a much better Qix re-imagining king

I wouldn't say that escapeVEKTOR is a re-imagining of the Qix games. It might confuse and disappoint people who want a Qix-like game.
Urbanix and Critter Round-Up are Qix-like games.
I'm not sure but I think Arcade Essentials has a Qix-clone included as well (will check that later).

escapeVEKTOR is a gridrunner / top-down labyrinth game, similar to the likes of Pac-Man (walk every path) and arguably WiiWare game Bit-Boy!! (avoid enemies and collect stuff to make the exit appear).

The Qix genre is a very specific genre where you have to fill up a screen by drawing lines - and you decide where to draw them. escapeVEKTOR doesn't offer the "freedom of drawing lines the way you want" and that's the main definition of a Qix-like game.
Ichigo Kurosaki
October 12th 2011, 12:54 pmIchigo Kurosaki
Is this worth 500 points for Qix fans?
Mouser
November 8th 2011, 10:36 pmMouser
How hard is Urbanix?
NINTENBRO
November 9th 2011, 5:20 amNINTENBRO
Ichigo Kurosaki wrote:Is this worth 500 points for Qix fans?
I've haven't experienced Urbanix yet, but I know escapeVektor is well worth 500 points.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)