Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 5:27 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
Toki Tori 2 Q & A tweets Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzQtMRxUXQ18Xs6skg_qdForpwA6jg16LF9JN4b1vhsOWfRH-9

Toki Tori 2, from Two Tribes, has finally release it's first trailer and announced that the game will be available for Wii U as a download title and also on Steam.

Two Tribes, enthusiastically, openly answer questions from fans via Twitter and here are some of the best Q & A about Toki Tori 2:

Q: What is the approximate download size on Wii U

A: Probably around 300mb (almost the same as New Super Mario Bros. 2) in the end.

Q: how are the graphics turning out?? Are you guys happy on how powerful the Wii U is?

A: 1080p without breaking a sweat! Smile

Q: What are your thoughts of the new Wii U hardware in general after working with it?

A: Much easier than Wii. Lots of options!

Q:Achievements for the Wii U version?

A:Maybe. Don't know for sure yet.

Q: What attracted youto the Wii U specifically? The unique controller? Or the Wii U audience?

A: Nintendo audience mostly!

Q: Will the game be incorporating Miiverse in anyway?

A: No decision made on MiiVerse yet. Looks promising though!

Q: How does the Steam version differ from the Wii U version?

A: Wii U has camera controls for Tokidex, is on a nintendo console! Smile

Toki Tori 2 Q & A tweets Website_tokitori2_update27-373x246
Tokidex is a virtual camera with a viewfinder

Q: Will it have some secret levels with graphics and music from the original Game Boy version?

A: Maybe? Wink

Q: Approximately by when do you think you'll have made a decision the final title?

A: Just "Toki Tori 2" is most likely.

Q: Will the game be ready for the WiiU eShop launch ? And any plans for a 3DS version ?

A: Hopefully & Not yet.

Q: Are there going to be any unlockable characters and levels?

A: Only Toki Tori. And the entire game is one big unlockable level!

Q: Will colleting all the collectibles found on the harder routes actually accomplish something? Yup! Something cool!

A: Yup! Something cool!

Q: Leaderboards on Steam and/or Wii U? Under consideration. Not much material for it.

A: Under consideration. Not much material for it.

Q: are the level designs in Toki Tori 2 mostly side-scrolling? {I tweeted this question / base on the first trailer I recently view)

A: Some are vertically oriented. All are 2D goodness!

Q: do you support Off-TV play on the game ?

A: Yes! Full game on gamepad.

Q: favorite new game mechanic and why?

A: Good question! Whistle & Stomp mechanic definitely. Simpler yet deeper!

Q: Is Nintendo making it easier for Indie Devs this time?

A: We're happy with how things are going!

Q: Is there going to be any form of online multiplayer play?

A: No

Q: Will you be using the WiiU gamepad's touch screen for gameplay?

A: Possibly, but not as main control method.

As a reminder, The original platform-puzzler Toki Tori from Game Boy Color is now available on the Nintendo eShop, Only in Europe as of now. The updated WiiWare version is available in both North America and Europe.

Are you excited for Toki Tori 2? Leave your welcoming thoughts at the comment section below.

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

NINTENBRO
August 9th 2012, 8:38 pmNINTENBRO
I have the WiiWare version, and I've enjoyed it, so far. I haven't played much yet, but I've already experienced the charm that game has to offer. Although, I have no idea when I'll be able to afford a WiiU. I would still recommend purchasing Toki Tori 2 to anyone who will own a WiiU.
Amufungal
August 9th 2012, 10:52 pmAmufungal
Two Tribes said Toki Tori 2 might be ported to eshop too Smile
SkywardL
August 10th 2012, 9:50 amSkywardL
Toki Tori 2 trailer finally uploaded. Thanks KingreX32
KingreX32
August 11th 2012, 10:24 amKingreX32
no prob
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments