Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
Last Weekend for Game of the Weekend HjIvQhWL6IW4yS0AlkpP0H4Cx3E_5UPz

At exactly a month ago, the Nintendo eShop (North America) release a program called the Game of the Weekend. The program gives 3DS owners a select download title at a discount price for the whole weekend. The first game was Super Mario Land and, unfortunately, the last game on sale for this weekend is Colors! 3D.

The confirmation that the Game of the Weekend program will end after this week comes from Nintendo via Twitter. Don't feel like a washed-up Toad just yet. While the program maybe over, the discounts are still coming.

Last Weekend for Game of the Weekend Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThofYOiuN6lkUqzj06PomaXOfL0PGimrLYuuscsPiviTeoE8H3VA

The Month of Mario is the latest new program and it's already starting. Unlike the Game of the Weekend, this month-long program is themed selections and the sale last for a full week. Here's the schedule:

July 26 to August 1 — Super Mario Bros. on sale for $3.99

August 2 to August 8 — Super Mario Land on sale for$2.99

August 9 to August 15 — Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins on sale for $2.99

August 16 to August 22 — Mario's Picross on sale for $2.99

It's unclear if the eShop discounts will continue after the Month of Mario. I'm speculating that Nintendo will probably will continue releasing weekly sale selection with a new program during September and that will be known as the Month of Kirby.

The Month of Mario is a program to get hype on the upcoming release for New Super Mario Bros. 2 in August. That's why I think the Month of Kirby will exist after the Month of Mario, to get hype for Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition in September and there's already a total of 4 Kirby titles available on the Nintendo eShop:

Kirby's Dream Land

Kirby's Block Ball

Kirby's Pinball Land

3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure

It's also a possibility that the Game of the Weekend will return during the holiday season and next summer for more randomly selecting discounts.

Do you think that there will be more weekly discount eShop purchases after this summer ends with different monthly programs? Leave your welcoming thoughts at the comment section below.

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

NINTENBRO
July 26th 2012, 5:50 pmNINTENBRO
NOooooooooooooo!....

This means Link's Awakening DX isn't going on sale in NA! Now my eShop account will be just shy of being able to purchase Planet Crashers, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, because I just downloaded Wario Land. I guess I could always wait a little longer for Planet Crashers, but I also already have 5 Gameboy VC games that I haven't completely finished yet. So, I guess I'm left to weigh out this decision somehow.
Anonymous
July 27th 2012, 10:55 amGuest
Uh...Super Mario Land 2 will be on sale soon. Razz
ToughGamer
July 28th 2012, 12:04 pmToughGamer
At least there will still be eshop sales.
KokorOtaku
July 28th 2012, 12:59 pmKokorOtaku
Oh well I didn't buy anything on sale, maybe next time if they do it again
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)