Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
eShop 72: July 5 – 8 64DZYo50ngKWTKzdqeMJFfLPx9seWKuwV.S.eShop 72: July 5 – 8 OeCAM7ULMgEvwXf0Eclhrn490KUOAppf

eShop 72 focuses on the latest download releases, both new and classics, appearing on the Nintendo eShop (North America). Showing you how well they’re doing during the first 72 hours on the service from Thursday, July 5, 9:00am to Sunday, July 8, 9:00am PDT.

The most interesting development on the Nintendo eShop chart this week is the retail games. Last week, I mention the 3DS download title Order Up!! has been, for more than a week, on the number 1 spot in “All User Ratings” for All Software. Unexpectedly, on the day after the release of the previous first edition article of eShop 72, Kid Icarus: Uprising soars himself right back to the number 1 spot. What a coincidence. This may have something to do with the previous article, gamers might have realize after reading the article that it’s important to give gratitude to their beloved purchased games and it might play a factor that they don’t want to see a casual title beating the once anticipated, hardcore, retail title on the charts. It could also be that more 3DS owners are purchasing Kid Icarus: Uprising because it’s summer. Either way, congratulations Pit.

Unfortunately, that didn’t last long. 24 hours after the retail launch, Wednesday, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY easily toke the number 1 spot with the magic of both nostalgia and adorableness starting with the total of 44 ratings. Currently, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY is 1st place in “All User Ratings” for All Software at 233 ratings with Kid Icarus: Uprising in 2nd place and Order Up!! serving at number 5.
8-Bit Summer kick off with two 3DS Ambassador games releasing to the public, The Legend of Zelda and NES Open Tournament Golf. Keep in mind that these two Virtual Console games already contain ratings from Ambassadors, The Legend of Zelda is rated 4 ½ stars with 9202 ratings and NES Open Tournament Golf is rated 3 ½ stars with 1925 ratings. 72 hours later, The Legend of Zelda gain 166 more ratings from non-Ambassadors and NES Open Tournament Golf gain with just 20 ratings.

eShop 72: July 5 – 8 2I1wloPMIXpCFhu9Iw-PCKDETN-pxcU8

There are no winners for 3DS downloads and DSiware. There are two new 3DS downloads, Family Tennis 3D (image above) and Akari by Nikoli. Currently, Family Tennis 3D is rated 4 ½ stars with 8 ratings and Akari by Nikoli is rated 5 stars with 2 ratings. There are two new DSIware titles, Topoloco currently rated 5 stars with 1 rating and 3, 2, 1… WordsUp! currently rated 4 stars with 1 rating.

Since the actual new download releases are disappointing, I’ll briefly mention last week’s release of Marvel Pinball 3D. The marvelous pinball game is still performing strong as the second most "5 star ratio" rated 3DS download and 7th place in “All User Ratings” for All Software with 132 ratings.

The moral of this article is that nostalgia sells with the passionate feedback from THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY and the rating increase from The Legend of Zelda. We’ll check back new process on the Nintendo eShop next week and remember to post your welcoming thoughts at the comment section below.

Last edited by SkywardL on July 8th 2012, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
July 8th 2012, 11:12 amKeAfan7
I'm enjoying this new feature so far. Keep up your hard work SkywardL. Wink
Anonymous
July 8th 2012, 11:28 amGuest
Beautiful feature. I love you
Navi
July 8th 2012, 12:05 pmNavi
No winners? Surprised
Inoue79
July 8th 2012, 6:46 pmInoue79
Nice feature. Smile
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
July 8th 2012, 7:31 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
I need to download the Theatrhythm Final Fantasy demo.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)