Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Go down
Marioman18
Marioman18

Rate the 3DS' first year Empty Rate the 3DS' first year

March 27th 2012, 2:27 pm
I thought the 3DS had a good start, but that sadly was short lived as we entered a long period with little worthwhile content coupled with the eshop delay
The ambassador program was when things started getting better, but the system really didn't cement its greatness until holiday 2011 when Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land were released, and now more wonderful games like Tales of The Abyss 3D and Kid Icarus Uprising have been released!
Overall the 3DS has turned into a very good handheld even though it had a shaky start Very Happy
I rate 3DS 9/10

Rate the 3DS' first year Pbucket
Chrono_Cross
Chrono_Cross

Rate the 3DS' first year Empty Re: Rate the 3DS' first year

March 27th 2012, 3:15 pm
With no Animal Crossing, I'm docking one point. The launch was awful and the eight month drought (with the exception of Ocarina of Time 3D and Star Fox 64 3D), was very annoying. Along with nothing on Wii, Nintendo didn't really put out much in terms of content this past year.

With Super Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil: Revelations, Tales of the Abyss and Kid Icarus, it not only did better than its predecessor, Nintendo DS, but it blew away many Nintendo home console's first years on the market with ease. So there's that.

7/10

Marth
Marth

March 28th 2012, 9:38 am
7/10

I was going to give it a relatively low score at first, but then I glanced at my shelf and saw about 15 games from 2011. Granted, some of them are really throw-away titles like Tetris or Super Monkey Ball, but what I'm getting at is that there's quite the selection of games in such a short period. The price drop and winter selection really did wonders. It's nothing like the Game Boy Advance's first year or anything, but it's certainly respectable.

On the contrary, the built-in software and OS is still lacking and the eShop hasn't kicked into full gear yet. Hopefully the second year will address these issues.
ZezHylia
ZezHylia

March 28th 2012, 12:44 pm
6/10 average at best D:

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)