Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)April 28th 2024, 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
written by: Rory Young

Should the franchise be moved to the 3DS?

Nintendo defends DS platform choice for Pokemon White and Black 2 Pokemon-Black-2-and-Pokemon-White-2-on-Nintendo-3DS

In response to an IGN Articledecrying the choice of developing Pokemon White and Black 2 for the DS, rather than the 3DS, Nintendo reaffirms their choice of providing Pokemon to as many players as possible.

"Remember that Nintendo 3DS can also play all Nintendo DS Pokemon games. The Nintendo DS family also has a massive installed base of more than 51 million systems in the United States alone, and we are keen on continuing to deliver new experiences to this audience."

The body of IGN's opinion piece implies not only that the Pokemon Black and White 2 DS release hurts future sales of the 3DS, but also that it diminishes the value of current 3DS owners' purchase. "Salt in the wound," if you will. The writer feels like the 3DS has received lackluster software releases and that leaving the Pokemon franchise on the DS signals developers to avoid the 3DS. Nintendo, while not responding to IGN's issues with the 3DS, seems comfortable with their DS platform choice.

Personally, we find the idea of pushing Pokemon onto the 3DS in order to maximize hardware sales a tad exploitative. How many PokeMasters wouldn't be able to catch 'em all if the franchise moved to the 3DS right now? At its heart, the entire issue appears out of proportion, seeing as 3DS players will be able to play the game on their handheld of choice.

Source

One of the commenters brings up a good point. Moving Pokemon Black and White 2 to the DS is not a bad thing....Why? Well Because lets not forget The 3DS can alo play normal DS games so its not like 3DS owners will be missing out on anything. Like the ending of the article says "How many PokeMasters wouldn't be able to catch 'em all if the franchise moved to the 3DS right now?"which is true because im sure alot of DS owners missed out on the first game because they didnt want to upgrade to the 3DS just yet. When you look at it, its a Smart move. At least thats my opinion, I will leave that up to disscussion.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Nintendo defends DS platform choice for Pokemon White and Black 2 Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Marth
I think it's a far better decision financially to release it on the DS. As the rep said, that's 150+ million users, plus the 3DS owners who never had a DS can join in too.

Releasing the game on 3DS now would lower the potential sales. Yes, there's the argument that this game would shift more 3DS consoles, but it's not that simple. Buying one new Pokemon game for around $40 is much less of a commitment than throwing down over $200. Not everyone can afford to just throw down money to buy a new system and a new game just because it looks fun.

Furthermore, it's a direct sequel to Black and White. It seems logical to hold it on the same system, considering it's probably been in development for a while. While they could have ported it to 3DS, that takes more time and money on top of the fact that the 3DS debut of Pokemon would be less triumphant than a full-fledged one designed to take advantage of the 3DS' features.

I'm sure GameFreak is working away on a 3DS entry, but now is not the time. Personally, I`d rather wait and be impressed while enjoying more of the 5th generation. More hype and anticipation will be created when they finally announce a true 6th generation game.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)