Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Go down
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

Nintendo Switch Pokémon Parties Discussion Empty Nintendo Switch Pokémon Parties Discussion

March 5th 2022, 9:01 pm
I thought of something fun we could do: share lists of our current playthrough teams in the various Pokémon games for Nintendo Switch.

EDIT: Just thought I’d post an updated list of parties in my current playthroughs. Happy

Generation VII:
Generation VIII:
Generation IX:
*Hall of Famers*

Last edited by OrionJZed on February 14th 2023, 10:09 pm; edited 21 times in total
Inoue79
Inoue79

Nintendo Switch Pokémon Parties Discussion Empty Re: Nintendo Switch Pokémon Parties Discussion

March 6th 2022, 6:03 pm
@NintendoPuristDirect I have never played a Pokemon game before, which Switch game in the series would be a good starting point for a newcomer? study

Fishing Resort - A 1.18 foot Crucian Carp

In Real Life - A 6 pound Black Crappie.

I'm an avid fisherwoman! Cool

TheGingerDoctor likes this post

TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!

Nintendo Switch Pokémon Parties Discussion Empty Re: Nintendo Switch Pokémon Parties Discussion

March 6th 2022, 9:56 pm
@Inoue79 Of the ones currently available, I definitely recommend either ”Let’s Go, Pikachu!” or ”Let’s Go, Eevee!” to first-time players. The gameplay is significantly more streamlined than other main series titles, and the story is a retelling of the one from the original Game Boy games, not to mention the endearing and heartwarming bond that develops between the player and their adorable partner Pikachu or Eevee.

Once you’ve gotten familiar with the base mechanics, there’s hours of content to be enjoyed in Sword or Shield; alternatively, if you’d like to delve into another classic gem from the franchise’s history, then Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl are amazing recreations of the very first games to be originally released on Nintendo DS.

Oh, and The Pokémon Company recently revealed the newest upcoming versions, Scarlet and Violet, to be released later this year (most likely November), the first fully open world games in the core series, and set in a new region based on Spain and Portugal. They’re sure to be a treat. Clefairy
Neptune
Neptune

August 10th 2022, 6:05 pm
@OrionJZed Any shinies on your team?

TheGingerDoctor likes this post

TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

August 10th 2022, 7:23 pm
@Neptune Yeah! A Tentacruel I nicknamed "Chaos," who I caught in LGE and transferred to Sword via Pokémon HOME. All 18 party members in that version are named after Sonic the Hedgehog series characters, as are the members of my custom team as a Flying-type Gym Leader (feel free to challenge me for a Flying Badge; this is an open invite for all forumers, by the way Wink )

As for my party in BD, I named them after planets in the Star Fox series' Lylat System. All of them (except my partner Chimchar, Solar) are Pokémon I hatched and imported from Sword via HOME, because that 1.5% boost in Exp. Points is invaluable in a Sinnoh-based playthrough. Pikachu

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

November 24th 2022, 10:20 pm
Updated the first post with my teams in PLA and Violet. I’m kinda glad my human characters in all three Generation 8 versions have their own mini-name theme (all have “Ar-“ as the first syllable, with Arthur in Sword, Arwyn in BD, and Aric in PLA), though my avatar in Pokémon Violet breaks that pattern, since his name is “Vido”… which is fine, since it’s the start of a whole new generation. victory

Oh, and my Pokémon in PLA continue the video game nickname theme started in Sword, with each party member named after a race or tribe found in the Zelda series (except my Rock-type “Gym” team, who are named after creatures and sub-bosses).

Ooh, and I settled on a theme of “spheres of the Solar System” for my parties in Violet, with my Pokémon for each story path having a unique sub-theme: Jupiter and its moons for Victory Road, Saturn and its moons for Path of Legends, Uranus and its moons for Starfall Street, Neptune and its moons for my Fighting-type Gym team, and the inner planets (plus the Sun and Earth’s Moon) for my Little Crew… oh, and a Cyclizar named Jove, who’s the official stand-in for Jupiter (my Miraidon) in battles for the time being. Clefairy
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

February 9th 2023, 3:24 am
Updated my party lists in both Scarlet and Violet, now with their near-finalised rosters (still need to find half my Little Crew, plus one other member of my Battle Frontier-style roster, as well as a Hisuian Form who obviously can’t be added as of this post).

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

February 9th 2023, 3:29 am
Oh, and as for nickname themes in each version…

LGE: Abbreviations of species’ names
Sword: Sonic the Hedgehog characters
BD: Star Fox characters, planets, and sectors
PLA: The Legend of Zelda races and monsters
Scarlet: Magic: The Gathering factions and planes
Violet: The Solar System and Yggdrasil
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)