Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Go down
WilliamFrankLepleyIII
WilliamFrankLepleyIII

Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion Empty Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion

January 14th 2017, 6:59 pm
What does everyone think about the monthly/yearly fees for the Nintendo Switch online services?

Me personally, I'm very disappointed that there will no longer be a Mii Plaza or MiiVerse to discuss games. I think that's what made the WiiU and 3DS so special to groups of gaming buddies. I thought posting your screenshots on MiiVerse just for attention or to ask for tips was a ingenious concept when it was integrated. Why is Nintendo moving backwards again, and why was so much effort put into advertising the coming of MiiVerse just so that it would be eliminated after the first generation of consoles that supported it? Now Nintendo expects us to pay a fee for some type of online lobby and to chat with our friends outside of online gaming. No more video chat, no more MiiVerse and no more Mii Plaza. What the heck is Nintendo doing? I can understand Nintendo charging customers for online gaming, but cutting down the free online services to nothing more than the eShop and a friend's registry is not impressing me in the least. I really think Nintendo may need to hire some new bigshots, because in all honesty, I think the company is screwing up big time. I can't believe they're actually getting rid of all the key features that actually made the online services for the 3DS and WiiU so enjoyable. What do you think about the new infrastructure of the Nintendo Switch online services and the fees you'll need to pay just to access them. Do you think the Switch will sell better than the WiiU just because it's a hybrid console, or do you think Nintendo may be digging themselves an early grave? I really don't think adding online play to some old NES and SNES games will be a definite selling point for most consumers.

My Facebook Page
WilliamFrankLepleyIII
WilliamFrankLepleyIII

Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion Empty Re: Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion

January 14th 2017, 7:04 pm
Also, shouldn't the name of this forum be changed from Nintendo NX to Nintendo Switch?

My Facebook Page
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion Empty Re: Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion

January 15th 2017, 7:22 am
I just hope I don't have to rebuy any of my WiiU games and start over from the beginning again

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

January 16th 2017, 1:11 am
To be fair, Nintendo still has yet to reveal all the details of the new online service. They stated that most of the features won't be added until it becomes a paid subscription in autumn (spring for us in the Southern Hemisphere), and they explained very little about the VC offerings on Switch (apart from some NES and Super Nintendo titles having online multiplayer). I'm eager to see what Nintendo has up its sleeve. Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion 631737971
Minato wrote:I just hope I don't have to rebuy any of my WiiU games and start over from the beginning again
Agreed. Hopefully the Switch will be able to run Wii U (and 3DS) games downloaded from the eShop. Having fully integrated local multiplayer in DS VC games would also be a treat, and could result in most of the main series Pokémon games for DS released in the Switch eShop. Bring on SOME variation of the Johto games please, GAME FREAK, even if it's the remakes! Pikachu

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
WilliamFrankLepleyIII
WilliamFrankLepleyIII

January 16th 2017, 10:45 am
@GeekyGamerZack I wish Nintendo would've provided all of the information about the online services some time before the console is released, so customers could decide if they're interested beforehand. What kind of marketing do you actually think Nintendo will have for the Switch after it's been on the market for months? I hope they really try to push this console unlike the marketing they had for the WiiU. A few $100 million in good marketing could make a big difference for the success of this new console.

My Facebook Page
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!

January 16th 2017, 2:15 pm

WilliamFrankLepleyIII
WilliamFrankLepleyIII

January 16th 2017, 3:01 pm
GeekyGamerZack wrote:@WilliamFrankLepleyIII Agreed. Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion 631737971

I just wish Nintendo would spend that money on marketing now, before it's too late to build the hype train. Nintendo should know by now that timing is a key strategy in the video gaming market.

My Facebook Page
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 16th 2017, 3:05 pm
With the knowledge we have one can assume Wii and DS online will be turned back on, hopefully that means Metroid Prime Hunters will have a big enough community

January 17th 2017, 10:59 am
Minato wrote:With the knowledge we have one can assume Wii and DS online will be turned back on, hopefully that means Metroid Prime Hunters will have a big enough community

If the Wii online services are turned back on, I will definitely purchase another Wii Console. I used to love messaging my gaming buddies through the Wii messaging board. I just hope I can find another new 25th anniversary edition Wii console somewhere. I'd probably use the Wii console on a separate television for Netflix also, so I don't burn out the new 1080p television I will be buying specifically for gaming.

If the online services for the DS are turned back on, I'd also download the DSiWare game Shantae: Risky's Revenge that I never had a chance to download. On a New 3DS of course.

Last edited by WilliamFrankLepleyIII on January 17th 2017, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

My Facebook Page
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 17th 2017, 5:00 pm
@William I doubt it'll be turned on for Wii or WiiU, but since NES and SNES game are getting online for Switch I can see Wii and DS VC getting it for Switch

January 17th 2017, 6:41 pm
Minato wrote:@William I doubt it'll be turned on for Wii or WiiU, but since NES and SNES game are getting online for Switch I can see Wii and DS VC getting it for Switch

Yeah, it doesn't seem likely to me either, but that "would" be nice.

My Facebook Page
WilliamFrankLepleyIII
WilliamFrankLepleyIII

January 19th 2017, 9:30 am
Nintendo dedicated a lot of resources and five years of development into producing TLoZ: Breath of the Wild, so why are the details of the online services not already available before launch? If Nintendo can dedicate that much resources into producing a launch title like Breath of the Wild, I'm sure they have enough resources to have had everything straightened around before the Switch launches. I mean, they are a multi-billion dollar company. I think the delay on the online services will be unattractive to a lot of people and it may spell doom for the console's launch sales. Unless Nintendo is doing it this way on purpose because they are somehow trying to see if the paid online services will be successful beforehand.

My Facebook Page
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 19th 2017, 2:44 pm
I don't think they said the online won't be there at launch, just it won't be paid, as in it'll be FREE until fall

January 19th 2017, 3:42 pm
Minato wrote:I don't think they said the online won't be there at launch, just it won't be paid, as in it'll be FREE until fall

Oh, I thought they had mentioned that some of the online services for the Switch wouldn't be available until Fall.

My Facebook Page
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 20th 2017, 2:00 pm
This is awesome! Apparently, you can have up to eight separate Nintendo Accounts on a single Switch console, and they can be different regions! This makes it possible to have access to multiple Nintendo eShop storefronts from different countries! Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion 631737971

WilliamFrankLepleyIII
WilliamFrankLepleyIII

January 20th 2017, 4:01 pm
GeekyGamerZack wrote:This is awesome! Apparently, you can have up to eight separate Nintendo Accounts on a single Switch console, and they can be different regions! This makes it possible to have access to multiple Nintendo eShop storefronts from different countries! Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion 631737971

I'll use my Mother and my brother's name for the PAL and Japanese eShops. No more waiting for localization unless there's a good reason to.

My Facebook Page
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 21st 2017, 2:06 pm
I wonder when we'll find out details regarding Virtual Console games in the Switch eShop...

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 21st 2017, 3:56 pm
If I do have to start all my digital purchases over again, I'm saying screw it and only doing Japanese purchases

January 22nd 2017, 8:33 am
Minato wrote:If I do have to start all my digital purchases over again, I'm saying screw it and only doing Japanese purchases

Yeah, without a Wii mode we might lose a lot of the games that we've already downloaded that never made it to the WiiU Virtual Console. Hopefully there will at least be a WiiU and 3DS mode available.

My Facebook Page
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 22nd 2017, 9:38 am
@william yeah unless it reads as a discount still. The few wiiware games I have came to mind especially Mega Man 9 and 10 as they would be fun on the go

January 22nd 2017, 11:57 am
Minato wrote:@william yeah unless it reads as a discount still. The few wiiware games I have came to mind especially Mega Man 9 and 10 as they would be fun on the go

That reminds me, I still have to download Mega Man 9 and 10. I believe I already downloaded the first six NES games but haven't upgraded all of them yet.

My Facebook Page
WilliamFrankLepleyIII
WilliamFrankLepleyIII

January 22nd 2017, 12:00 pm
Minato wrote:@william yeah unless it reads as a discount still. The few wiiware games I have came to mind especially Mega Man 9 and 10 as they would be fun on the go

So would Fluidity. At least I think so.

My Facebook Page
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 22nd 2017, 1:28 pm
I never owned Fluidity, just spin cycle and that is fun on the go... at least until I got stuck :/

Super Coinage!

January 22nd 2017, 1:30 pm
Oh and if the Switch gets updated to play 3DS virtual titles I can image playing Dark Moon, ALBW, Yokai, the DQ remakes, the Fire Emblem, and Robobot on the TV

Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 22nd 2017, 2:58 pm
@Minato How do you think the Switch will handle dual-screen games? I would've thought the top screen on the TV and the touch screen on the console itself, but the console only sends a signal to the TV while it's docked.

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 22nd 2017, 8:11 pm
@Gamer Zack well IDK about on the TV, but with the gamepad DS games are best used flipping the gamepad sideways, but it ends up hurting my hands because of the extra space for buttons, however with the switch i can detach them.

Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 22nd 2017, 8:18 pm
@Minato Of course, DS games are playable single-screen on Wii U, with both screens at the same time, so maybe it's the same on Switch, with the added option of being able to "switch" screen zoom on the fly.

If online play is reinstated as well, that'd make games such as Metroid Prime Hunters viable once again. Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion 631737971

WilliamFrankLepleyIII
WilliamFrankLepleyIII

January 23rd 2017, 8:58 am
GeekyGamerZack wrote:@Minato Of course, DS games are playable single-screen on Wii U, with both screens at the same time, so maybe it's the same on Switch, with the added option of being able to "switch" screen zoom on the fly.

^ Most likely this, but I'm not sure about the "zoom" function...

My Facebook Page
WilliamFrankLepleyIII
WilliamFrankLepleyIII

January 25th 2017, 5:56 pm
Minato wrote:I never owned Fluidity, just spin cycle and that is fun on the go... at least until I got stuck  :/

You really should try out Fluidity someday before you forget that it exists. It's only $10 and it's worth the asking price too. It's actually a better game than the sequel. Although Spin Cycle does have more content, the WiiWare original has better gameplay and design. One of my favorite WiiWare games, and I'm one of those people who didn't find World of Goo to be all that it was cracked up to be.

My Facebook Page
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 25th 2017, 10:04 pm
@Minato @WilliamFrankLepleyIII If either/both of you ends up getting an online subscription, I'd be happy to play some Mario Kart, Splatoon etc. with you. Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion 631737971

WilliamFrankLepleyIII
WilliamFrankLepleyIII

January 26th 2017, 7:27 am
GeekyGamerZack wrote:@Minato @WilliamFrankLepleyIII If either/both of you ends up getting an online subscription, I'd be happy to play some Mario Kart, Splatoon etc. with you. Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion 631737971

I'll take you up on that whenever I finally do purchase a Nintendo Switch.

My Facebook Page
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 26th 2017, 11:31 am
I will pay for online IF I get more people to play online with, as it stands I don't play online much

Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 26th 2017, 12:44 pm
@Minato I agree. The more, the merrier! victory

WilliamFrankLepleyIII
WilliamFrankLepleyIII

January 27th 2017, 9:44 am
Minato wrote:I will pay for online IF I get more people to play online with, as it stands I don't play online much

@Minato, what games do you play online?

My Facebook Page
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 27th 2017, 10:53 am
Well currently their are 2 games I'd like to beat, but I'm restricted since not many people play them online anymore, and they are Federation Force and Triforce Heroes. I'm also trying to get everything in games like Splatoon and Steel Diver Sub Wars which requires certain online victories

Super Coinage!

January 27th 2017, 10:54 am
This is one of the reasons I HOPE all my online purchases will carry over to the Switch

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

January 27th 2017, 11:15 am
I'm not a fan of paid online, especially when the competition didn't exactly upgrade the stability of their servers when they started using a paid subscription business model. To me it's nothing, but corporate greed unless you actually improve your service after switching to a paid subscription service. Razz

Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion 19654

Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion 87457210

Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
WilliamFrankLepleyIII
WilliamFrankLepleyIII

January 27th 2017, 3:25 pm
Ichigofan wrote:I'm not a fan of paid online, especially when the competition didn't exactly upgrade the stability of their servers when they started using a paid subscription business model. To me it's nothing, but corporate greed unless you actually improve your service after switching to a paid subscription service. Razz

Yeah, preorders for the Nintendo Switch are already selling out, so Nintendo doesn't need to worry about providing free online services for a failing console anymore. If Nintendp doesn't upgrade MiiVerse to something more interesting and increase the stability of the servers they'll be using, there will be no reason to pay for online services except for corporate greed. We never had to pay for online services in the past, and I was glad I didn't have to. That "was" an advantage of being a Nintendo gamer last generation and the generation before that. Let's just see where Nintendo is heading with this paid subscription.

My Facebook Page
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

March 14th 2017, 5:30 pm
My friend code is 4836-8689-6666 if anyone (especially if @Kushina is browsing and has a Switch) and wants to add me

March 14th 2017, 9:52 pm
My friend code is 4836-8677-7797. @Minato our first six digits are the same! Surprised

Super Coinage!

March 15th 2017, 10:41 am
@clannad it's saying not found Sad

Admin
Super Coinage!

March 18th 2017, 11:37 am
@Minato is the Switch available anywhere? I haven't been able to find a single system in stock since launch. pale

Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion Star_o10
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

March 18th 2017, 7:10 pm
@staroceancrazy I managed to get one only because of great timing, my store that I work at didn't do preorders and I got out of work an hour before midnight, so I just waited for a hour

Super Coinage!

January 7th 2018, 9:07 pm
How about that rumored 5.0 update? That looks promising if true

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

January 7th 2018, 9:55 pm
What features are rumored in the next update @KokorOtaku? Surprised

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 8th 2018, 10:39 am
Online Longe, themes, folders, VC, Voice chat, Messages, organization, and multimedia apps.

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

January 8th 2018, 10:41 am
Nice! king

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 8th 2018, 10:48 am
Yeah hopefully it’s true, it’s supposed to come in Feb, and the rumor is well have a direct Thursday so we’ll find out soon

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)