Latest topics

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Male Posts : 257
View user profile

Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion

on January 14th 2017, 6:59 pm
What does everyone think about the monthly/yearly fees for the Nintendo Switch online services?

Me personally, I'm very disappointed that there will no longer be a Mii Plaza or MiiVerse to discuss games. I think that's what made the WiiU and 3DS so special to groups of gaming buddies. I thought posting your screenshots on MiiVerse just for attention or to ask for tips was a ingenious concept when it was integrated. Why is Nintendo moving backwards again, and why was so much effort put into advertising the coming of MiiVerse just so that it would be eliminated after the first generation of consoles that supported it? Now Nintendo expects us to pay a fee for some type of online lobby and to chat with our friends outside of online gaming. No more video chat, no more MiiVerse and no more Mii Plaza. What the heck is Nintendo doing? I can understand Nintendo charging customers for online gaming, but cutting down the free online services to nothing more than the eShop and a friend's registry is not impressing me in the least. I really think Nintendo may need to hire some new bigshots, because in all honesty, I think the company is screwing up big time. I can't believe they're actually getting rid of all the key features that actually made the online services for the 3DS and WiiU so enjoyable. What do you think about the new infrastructure of the Nintendo Switch online services and the fees you'll need to pay just to access them. Do you think the Switch will sell better than the WiiU just because it's a hybrid console, or do you think Nintendo may be digging themselves an early grave? I really don't think adding online play to some old NES and SNES games will be a definite selling point for most consumers.

My Facebook Page
View user profile

Re: Nintendo Switch Online Services Discussion

on January 14th 2017, 7:04 pm
Also, shouldn't the name of this forum be changed from Nintendo NX to Nintendo Switch?

My Facebook Page
Male Posts : 4233
View user profile

on January 15th 2017, 7:22 am
I just hope I don't have to rebuy any of my WiiU games and start over from the beginning again

My friend code for Switch is 4836-8689-6666 if anyone has a Switch and wants to add me
Admin
Male Posts : 8758
View user profile

on January 16th 2017, 1:11 am
To be fair, Nintendo still has yet to reveal all the details of the new online service. They stated that most of the features won't be added until it becomes a paid subscription in autumn (spring for us in the Southern Hemisphere), and they explained very little about the VC offerings on Switch (apart from some NES and Super Nintendo titles having online multiplayer). I'm eager to see what Nintendo has up its sleeve.
Minato wrote:I just hope I don't have to rebuy any of my WiiU games and start over from the beginning again
Agreed. Hopefully the Switch will be able to run Wii U (and 3DS) games downloaded from the eShop. Having fully integrated local multiplayer in DS VC games would also be a treat, and could result in most of the main series Pokémon games for DS released in the Switch eShop. Bring on SOME variation of the Johto games please, GAME FREAK, even if it's the remakes! Pikachu

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES
Previous Episode: S04SP1 Citrine of the Sands
Next Episode: S02E05 Aoinian Rebel

"I am not unliterate! And I am not a thief! THAT is a thief!"
-- Sara, Crystals of Silveria Remastered
View user profile

on January 16th 2017, 10:45 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@GeekyGamerZack I wish Nintendo would've provided all of the information about the online services some time before the console is released, so customers could decide if they're interested beforehand. What kind of marketing do you actually think Nintendo will have for the Switch after it's been on the market for months? I hope they really try to push this console unlike the marketing they had for the WiiU. A few $100 million in good marketing could make a big difference for the success of this new console.

My Facebook Page
Admin
Male Posts : 8758
View user profile

on January 16th 2017, 2:15 pm

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES
Previous Episode: S04SP1 Citrine of the Sands
Next Episode: S02E05 Aoinian Rebel

"I am not unliterate! And I am not a thief! THAT is a thief!"
-- Sara, Crystals of Silveria Remastered
View user profile

on January 16th 2017, 3:01 pm
GeekyGamerZack wrote:@WilliamFrankLepleyIII Agreed.

I just wish Nintendo would spend that money on marketing now, before it's too late to build the hype train. Nintendo should know by now that timing is a key strategy in the video gaming market.

My Facebook Page
View user profile

on January 16th 2017, 3:05 pm
With the knowledge we have one can assume Wii and DS online will be turned back on, hopefully that means Metroid Prime Hunters will have a big enough community

My friend code for Switch is 4836-8689-6666 if anyone has a Switch and wants to add me
View user profile

on January 17th 2017, 10:59 am
Minato wrote:With the knowledge we have one can assume Wii and DS online will be turned back on, hopefully that means Metroid Prime Hunters will have a big enough community

If the Wii online services are turned back on, I will definitely purchase another Wii Console. I used to love messaging my gaming buddies through the Wii messaging board. I just hope I can find another new 25th anniversary edition Wii console somewhere. I'd probably use the Wii console on a separate television for Netflix also, so I don't burn out the new 1080p television I will be buying specifically for gaming.

If the online services for the DS are turned back on, I'd also download the DSiWare game Shantae: Risky's Revenge that I never had a chance to download. On a New 3DS of course.

Last edited by WilliamFrankLepleyIII on January 17th 2017, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

My Facebook Page
View user profile

on January 17th 2017, 5:00 pm
@William I doubt it'll be turned on for Wii or WiiU, but since NES and SNES game are getting online for Switch I can see Wii and DS VC getting it for Switch

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum