Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

GeekyGamerZack: Co-Owner, Dungeon Master...Author?! Empty GeekyGamerZack: Co-Owner, Dungeon Master...Author?!

August 15th 2019, 3:33 pm
I'm not sure if anyone's going to spot this post, partly due to the fact that WiiWareWave has become a literal Ghost Monument*, but here goes...

As of Thursday this week, I have taken the first giant leap toward becoming an author. The process of getting my first manuscript published has begun, although it's unlikely that the novel in question (the first volume of an entire series, by the way) will be on store shelves until early next year.

Since many of you are fans of Crystals of Silveria (plus Mask of Akanius, Flight of Indigo, Shell of Thal, Crystals of Silveria II: Fruit of the Overlay, Origin of Zed, Crystals of Silveria: The New Beginning...wow, you guys REALLY like Zeddy-chan, don't you? Razz ), I thought I'd make that announcement right here, in the forum section that set me on the path to authordom.

But there's one thing I need to say, just two little words that I'm not obligated to mention, but that I want to say regardless: thank you. Without the support of you, my dearest fans, I would never have found the confidence to make writing these apparently wonderful stories a full-time thing. Your support and enthusiasm motivated me to continue, pushing through every procrastinative lull, every case of writer's block, every moment that I seemed to run out of ideas. The more hyped my fanbase, the more motivated I am to bring these tales to life.

Crystals of Silveria and its tie-in seasons still continue in another not-too-distant corner of the Internet, but without the support of my fans, it's been dormant, waiting for even one fan to ask that one question, the little question that makes a huge difference, to motivate me enough to resume the series: "When's the next episode being uploaded?" I haven't read those words in so long that I almost gave up on writing altogether, leaving my technically-finished manuscript unpublished for more than a year. My fans had given up on me, or lost faith in my writing, it seemed, so why would I publish a novel that no-one wanted to read? Sad

It took a single voice, just one fan, to respark my passion for writing, to motivate me enough to not only publish my manuscript, but to revive the Chromaicora Adventures as well. Without you to motivate me to write, to let me know that you want more stories to read...well, let's just say I'd prefer my stories to finish organically rather than being left unfinished.

Without your support, I wouldn't have made it this far, and it's scary to think that I almost didn't make it far at all. Your enthusiasm for my works is the fuel that keeps me writing, so as long as you want to keep reading, I'll continue to produce stories for you to read. Simply put, you made me better*. You gave me the confidence to write, to improve on that writing, and to keep writing. I couldn't have done it without your support. I'll leave you with those two words that have more meaning than anyone can possibly know:

Thank you. victory

--Zack--

*Anyone who gets these quotes should reward themselves with a jelly baby**.

**Anyone who gets this reference should reward themselves with a bowl of fish custard***.

***Anyone who doesn't get this reference...well...spoilers.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!

GeekyGamerZack: Co-Owner, Dungeon Master...Author?! Empty Re: GeekyGamerZack: Co-Owner, Dungeon Master...Author?!

August 18th 2019, 11:58 am
Thanks for being such a great member dude! Btw the mobile version of our site has your forum topic here, end with dung haha! lol!

GeekyGamerZack: Co-Owner, Dungeon Master...Author?! 19654

GeekyGamerZack: Co-Owner, Dungeon Master...Author?! 87457210

GeekyGamerZack: Co-Owner, Dungeon Master...Author?! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

GeekyGamerZack: Co-Owner, Dungeon Master...Author?! Empty Re: GeekyGamerZack: Co-Owner, Dungeon Master...Author?!

August 18th 2019, 2:15 pm
@Towafan7 It most defecately does. Razz
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

August 18th 2019, 8:01 pm
@Towafan7 Is this worth posting as an article? I'm not sure it's significant enough for the other members to honestly care about, since they lost interest in Chromaicora Adventures long ago... Sad

Still, at least I have you to support my works. Wink
TechnicalIssues8
TechnicalIssues8
Admin

August 19th 2019, 3:48 am
Congrats and I hope your manuscript gets picked up! I haven't read any of your work, but I wish you the best. I went the ebook route, but any publication puts you on pins and needles. I know you'll succeed and rake in all that mad ghetto cheese!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

August 19th 2019, 5:07 am
@TechnicalIssues8 Thanks for the words of encouragement; it really does mean so much to me. I actually had an interview last week at a publishing house not too far from where I live, and they're currently crunching the numbers so they can present me with a publishing quote. I'm a mess of emotions right now, and the thought that my brainchild of the past 15 years (yes, it predates Crystals of Silveria by nearly a decade) is being published is surreal, to say the least.

Anyway, time for a little 99% guilt-free plugging: http://chromaicora.forumotion.com/

Now with 100% more added tagline! Razz
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

August 20th 2019, 9:05 am
@GeekyGamerZack I still read every episode, I just don't comment because it would create gaps between your episodes lol. Smile

GeekyGamerZack: Co-Owner, Dungeon Master...Author?! D9qgr310

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846
Kain
Kain
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

August 20th 2019, 9:07 am

RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

August 20th 2019, 2:31 pm
@Aqua Cherry Blossom @Kain Not to worry, because there is a dedicated thread for discussions of the series, including new episode uploads. Wink

EDIT: Found it! Happy

EDIT EDIT: Renamed it! Welcome to The Name Pending. GeekyGamerZack: Co-Owner, Dungeon Master...Author?! 631737971

https://www.wiiwarewave.com/t5347-the-name-pending-chromaicora-adventures-discussion-thread#61824
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

September 30th 2019, 10:46 pm
ANNOUNCEMENT TIME!!! (Aaand...I've already alienated you with all-caps and an unnecessary triple-exclamation mark. Razz )

I have discovered a novel* formula for officially publishing Crystals of Silveria Remastered as a 3-volume(ish) series of novels. A rough outline is detailed below, hidden inside a spoiler tag:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

This is something I'd like to do as part of my establishment as an officially-registered novelist. The extra content in the books isn't required if you only want to focus on the main story. Anything that happens in the filler eps won't be directly referenced or mentioned in the main series, so it is wholly optional, and mainly intended for people who'd prefer reading the series in a published format - as well as the most dedicated superfans, of course. Wink

Also, the seven bonus eps focus on a brand new protagonist, and essentially serve as a part of their personal story, though written in a way that also expands the tale of Zed and the Crystalbound, showing their adventures inbetween the main "numbered" eps. Basically, it provides a choice between a published "Deluxe Edition DVD/Blu-ray Collection" style format, and "reruns" or "streams" of broadcast eps on the website.

--Pen Name Pending--

Editing of spoiler tags done by Brocc Farshot...probably

*HA! I get it! You keep tryin' to hide those puns, but I'm TOO crafty for you...because gnomes are smarter than you think! generally intelligent if they're not named after two consecutive green veggies in a row, like Bro- Uh...I mean, "me". And Bryn is WAY smarter than me, and wouldn't DARE sabotage me as revenge for my callous discrediting of her. No WAY. I love you
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

September 3rd 2022, 3:41 am
This didn’t work out… Sad
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)