Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Biorn the Viking
Biorn the Viking
Iwata stated last week that Nintendo 3DS sales weren't as strong in North America as they were in Japan. While Reggie agrees, he added that success in Japan was driven by strong Japanese dev support.

Nintendo 3DS: Japan Versus North America Sales 3DS-Reggie

"When he said that (Iwata saying 3DS was weak in NA/EU), I had a sharp pain in my neck. It was in the middle of the night, and I viscerally reacted to it. The fact of the matter is that Japan is doing better than the North American marketplace. That is a factually true statement. It's driven by the strong level of support that they've had from Japanese third-party publishers. There's been a number of games like Monster Hunter that did big numbers. But just as important, there was a group of games in the Japanese market that did between 250,000 units and half a million units. Those sustained that gamer desire to have something new on a regular basis.

Source: Click here

Comments

NINTENBRO
September 27th 2012, 6:27 pmNINTENBRO
If the 3DS had the same slow start in Japan as it did in North America & Europe, I'm sure the sales figures would be much more closely matched.

Side Note: If you squint your eyes just the right way, Reggie somewhat resembles Bowser in the picture above. Very Happy lol
DigiDestined
October 2nd 2012, 7:44 pmDigiDestined
I thought that the 3DS was doing well now in North America and Europe? confused
KokorOtaku
October 2nd 2012, 7:59 pmKokorOtaku
Sadly Japan has better games that arnt out here, and probably wouldn't sell here, but still I'd like them
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)