Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Go down
Punnyguy
Punnyguy

Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies? Empty Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies?

June 22nd 2012, 9:35 pm
Retro games can be quite challenging, but some are impossible to beat due to programming errors and bugs.
Have you had the misfortune of buying a game that you'll never be able to finish without cheating?
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies? Empty Re: Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies?

June 22nd 2012, 9:45 pm
Don't remind me about the hours I wasted during my youth trying to complete The Goonies lol.

Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies? D9qgr310

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846
Tasuki
Tasuki

Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies? Empty Re: Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies?

June 22nd 2012, 9:47 pm
Yep I bought Battletoads on the NES the day it came out. I have tried just about everything to beat that game including using a Game Genie. Even with that I couldn't beat it Sad.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

June 22nd 2012, 9:49 pm
My cousin couldn't beat Battletoads either lol.

Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies? D9qgr310

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846
Anonymous

June 29th 2012, 12:13 pm
Thankfully I have never purchased such a game! I love you
.hacker
.hacker

June 30th 2012, 8:23 pm
I can't tell you how many controllers I smashed playing Battletoads. lol.

Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies? Hack-g10
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

August 9th 2012, 11:41 pm
Yes I owned a copy of The Goonies and it wasn't a glitch that was the problem, no it was a poorly designed level that required you to somehow reach a platform that was completely impossible to reach without resorting to pulling out the old Game Genie cartridge for some moon jumping. Razz

Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies? 19654

Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies? 87457210

Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies? Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Komicturtle
Komicturtle

August 9th 2012, 11:46 pm
Toy Story.. SNES..

Same goes for The Lion King.. The Disney games were pretty tough. And out of the ones I owned, I beat Aladdin and Goof Troop.

EDIT: Thinking about it.. They're not impossible. But still D:

KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!

August 9th 2012, 11:49 pm
I beat The Lion King easily 11-12 years ago, but I'm not as good at platforming games now as I was back then.

Last edited by Rukiafan on August 9th 2012, 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies? 19654

Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies? 87457210

Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies? Bleach10

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

August 9th 2012, 11:50 pm
It was one of the first SNES games I got and I couldn't get past the second level ("I Just Can't Wait to be King")...

Tasuki

August 9th 2012, 11:53 pm
Komicturtle wrote:It was one of the first SNES games I got and I couldn't get past the second level ("I Just Can't Wait to be King")...

Ugh I hated that level. The only way I could beat it was using the "BARRY" code.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

August 9th 2012, 11:55 pm
I didn't need a code to beat that level, but the showdown with Scar and the hyenas was really tough. pale

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)