Go down

Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies?

on June 22nd 2012, 9:35 pm
Retro games can be quite challenging, but some are impossible to beat due to programming errors and bugs.
Have you had the misfortune of buying a game that you'll never be able to finish without cheating?

Re: Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies?

on June 22nd 2012, 9:45 pm
Don't remind me about the hours I wasted during my youth trying to complete The Goonies lol.

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846

Re: Have you ever owned the notoriously impossible to beat retro games such as E.T. or The Goonies?

on June 22nd 2012, 9:47 pm
Yep I bought Battletoads on the NES the day it came out. I have tried just about everything to beat that game including using a Game Genie. Even with that I couldn't beat it Sad.

on June 22nd 2012, 9:49 pm
My cousin couldn't beat Battletoads either lol.

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846

on June 29th 2012, 12:13 pm
Thankfully I have never purchased such a game! I love you

on June 30th 2012, 8:23 pm
I can't tell you how many controllers I smashed playing Battletoads. lol.

Admin
View user profile

on August 9th 2012, 11:41 pm
Yes I owned a copy of The Goonies and it wasn't a glitch that was the problem, no it was a poorly designed level that required you to somehow reach a platform that was completely impossible to reach without resorting to pulling out the old Game Genie cartridge for some moon jumping. Razz

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

on August 9th 2012, 11:46 pm
Toy Story.. SNES..

Same goes for The Lion King.. The Disney games were pretty tough. And out of the ones I owned, I beat Aladdin and Goof Troop.

EDIT: Thinking about it.. They're not impossible. But still D:

View user profile

on August 9th 2012, 11:49 pm
I beat The Lion King easily 11-12 years ago, but I'm not as good at platforming games now as I was back then.

Last edited by Rukiafan on August 9th 2012, 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

on August 9th 2012, 11:50 pm
It was one of the first SNES games I got and I couldn't get past the second level ("I Just Can't Wait to be King")...

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum