Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 5:27 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written by: KingreX32

Is Black Ops 2 Coming to WiiU? *UPDATED* BlackOps2Logo

Update: Activision has now removed the Wii section of the Black Ops 2 forum with the following official explanation:

Members of the Wii Community — When migrating our forums from Call of Duty: Black Ops to the new site, the “Wii” section migrated with it, which should not have been the case.

To date, we have only confirmed development for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. We apologize for any confusion that this may have caused. Please stay tuned here for any updates.

So they are officially not confirming a Wii (and/or WiiU's) version(s) but aren't actually denying one either. We will have to wait for Nintendo's Press Conference at E3 for a solid answer it seems.
- gamerace

On April 23rd 2012 Activision revealed the newest game in the Call of Duty Series, Black Ops 2. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 takes place in 2025, (at this point you might as well merge with the Modern Warfare series) the United States (did you expect anything else) is now in yet ANOTHER cold war, but this time with China. Earths militaries and armies are made up mostly of robotics, and Un-manned vehicles; the game toys with the notion of these same devices being turned against the people who created them.

Is Black Ops 2 Coming to WiiU? *UPDATED* BlackOps2Screen

Personal thoughts: while I’ am getting tired of the series this game looks interesting, story wise at least. Like Project Cars; when announced the game was only listed as being for the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.; but that could change. In an interview with Treyarch Studio Head Mark Lamia, when asked “So is there a Wii U version coming?” he had this to say “Treyarch has a long tradition of working on the Nintendo platforms. A long tradition.”

He didn’t answer the question directly, he actually seems to be deflecting it, but not without subtle hints, “We have a lot of experience on the Wii and on the Nintendo platforms. So yeah, we enjoy the Nintendo Wii. We enjoy working on that.” He doesn’t explicitly state that there is a WiiU version, but based on that quote it seems like he is leaning more toward a Wii version than anything else. Read the full interview here

As with most things this is all just speculation based on a short interview, nothing has be announced or confirmed so take this with a grain of salt. Black Ops 2 is due for release November 13th 2012.

Source
Wikipedia

Last edited by gamerace on May 4th 2012, 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Is Black Ops 2 Coming to WiiU? *UPDATED* Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

SkywardL
May 3rd 2012, 1:31 pmSkywardL
There's a moment in the trailer that resembles a lot like the scene from Cowboys and Aliens movie Very Happy
Anonymous
I hope....im looking forward to it
FuManchu
May 3rd 2012, 1:41 pmFuManchu
Cool. Is Black Ops 2 Coming to WiiU? *UPDATED* 631737971
KingreX32
May 3rd 2012, 1:43 pmKingreX32
SkywardL wrote:There's a moment in the trailer that resembles a lot like the scene from Cowboys and Aliens movie Very Happy

Yes i thought the same thing

https://www.wiiwarewave.com/t523-cowboys-and-aliens-hits-theaters-july-29th?highlight=Cowboys
gamerace
May 3rd 2012, 1:53 pmgamerace
I'd be surprised (delighted but surprised) if it come to Wii. More likely Wii U but waiting for E3 to reveal.
Biorn the Viking
May 4th 2012, 6:24 amBiorn the Viking
I doubt we'll see a WiiU version of Black Ops 2. Especially with all those rumours about Activision not developing on the WiiU, and also because the way I see it, Activision would rather have all the versions release at the same time and Nintendo still hasn't announced a release date for the system. Wii version is more than likely to happen.
KingreX32
May 4th 2012, 12:34 pmKingreX32
Thanks for the Updates
Marth
I wouldn't bet on seeing Black Ops 2 on WiiU given the awkward release timing Ultanium mentioned, but it would be logical for the next or next-next yearly game (MW4? Blops3?) to come out.
gamerace
May 5th 2012, 8:49 amgamerace
@Yoshi - I would agree except Treyach is being too evasive and going out of their way to not say it isn't happening. But they refuse to say it will either.

I figure it's either: A) Undecided, it'll be a last priority (Wii) but if they have time/manpower they'll do it. or B) Waiting for E3 (WiiU)
Staroceancrazy
May 5th 2012, 2:48 pmStaroceancrazy
Will there be a Wii port?
KingreX32
May 7th 2012, 8:27 amKingreX32
who knows
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)