Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
gamerace
gamerace
Advance scans of the upcoming Nintendo Gamer magazine reveal that Activision's ultra-popular Call of Duty franchise will indeed have a Wii U version.

Most editions of Call of Duty (except MW2) did appear on Wii so this shouldn't come as a surprise, however, it was noticable absent from Nintendo games reel at E3 and their list of launch games for Wii U.

Nintendo Gamer did not reveal any new information about BO2 or if it'll play any differently on WiiU.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 confirmed for WiiU Black_10

Are you revealed or excited to hear this? What other major titles do you think may still be revealed for WiiU's launch?
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

gamerace
June 11th 2012, 11:49 amgamerace
Considering I made a big deal about the complete lack of support from Activision (and other major game publishers) for WiiU, it's great to see CoD and rumoured Skylanders: Giants coming to WiiU.

Wonder if CoD will make one last Wii appearance...
Biorn the Viking
June 12th 2012, 2:55 amBiorn the Viking
gamerace wrote:Wonder if CoD will make one last Wii appearance...

I came across a post on the official Call of Duty boards earlier this morning about a Wii version. Same thing happened for Modern Warfare 2 (which turned out to being fake), so this is a rumour more than anything.

Source: http://www.callofduty.com/thread/200434734

Although we don't know the extent of which Activision will support Nintendo and their new console, it is nice to see them bringing a major franchise like Call of Duty to the WiiU.
christicehurst
June 12th 2012, 3:13 amchristicehurst
The important thing is that it will be released at the same time of the other consoles and it will be the better graphics.
gamerace
June 12th 2012, 3:20 amgamerace
Those stores might just be making assumptions. I note that they did not list WiiU even though we know WiiU will be getting a version.

Thanks for sharing though.
Marth
Good news. Although I'm not a fan of the series, it means more people get access to familiar games when they purchase the system. Hopefully the Wii U Game Pad will benefit the gameplay.
KingreX32
June 12th 2012, 10:42 amKingreX32
This is good to hear I guess. Ive been getting tired of the series. Hopefully A COD game with the Tablet controller will have something new in store.
Marioman18
June 12th 2012, 12:35 pmMarioman18
I'm starting to grow tired of the endless CoD games Neutral
KingreX32
June 12th 2012, 3:19 pmKingreX32
you and me both dude.
Biorn the Viking
June 12th 2012, 3:35 pmBiorn the Viking
Marioman18 wrote:I'm starting to grow tired of the endless CoD games Neutral

Same. Sadly the CoD train won't be stopping anytime soon. Sad
gamerace
June 13th 2012, 3:54 amgamerace
Could be worse. Wii could have only gotten onrail spin-off CoD's (ala RE&DS). Laughing

At least they are the real deal and the WiiU version should be the first time Nintendo only owners can enjoy the franchise in all it's HD online goodness.

Having said that, I'm tired of the yearly editions too.
christicehurst
June 13th 2012, 6:34 amchristicehurst
How many people can we get to say "I'm tired of the series"? Lol
SKTTR
What gamerace said. And the others.

I think CoD on WiiU should be the first time for Nintendo gamers to get excited about this series because this game is good for its realism in graphics and online multiplayer, both of which the Wii was lacking in.

On the other hand, I was tired of war shooters years ago. I'm more for the Metroids and Dooms, where you have worlds and secrets to explore and an adventure. Not just some linear, short-campaigned, scripted nightmare bombzone you need to run through.
KingreX32
June 13th 2012, 3:07 pmKingreX32
SKTTR wrote:What gamerace said. And the others.

I think CoD on WiiU should be the first time for Nintendo gamers to get excited about this series because this game is good for its realism in graphics and online multiplayer, both of which the Wii was lacking in.

On the other hand, I was tired of war shooters years ago. I'm more for the Metroids and Dooms, where you have worlds and secrets to explore and an adventure. Not just some linear, short-campaigned, scripted nightmare bombzone you need to run through.

LOL
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)