Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Is Gnomz a garden treasure or an unwanted buried dog bone?

Review: Gnomz (WiiWare) - Page 1 Gnomz_art1

Gameplay
The gameplay is quirky and fairly fun and the 25+ stages have their own hazards and elements to them,this game feels sort of like Metroid physics meets Mario Bros. Arcade with some Super Smash bros. thrown in, it's difficult to describe but is a good formula. I found a problem with the controls though it may be just me but they felt really awkward as the button mashing in this game can cause you to  accidentally jump to your doom in certain stages, but at least it wasn't unresponsive.

The game also features many power-ups that make things hectic and evens out the playing field between expert players and novice players. My personal favorite was the rainbow sock which takes out any gnomz surrounding the person why picks the rainbow sock up!
The computer A.I. is actually very nicely programmed and provides a good challenge.

Another issue I had with this game was the lack of missions in the one player modes which makes this game exceptionally dull and takes away any sense of accomplishment when playing alone.
There are a few unlockable levels, but they are so simple to unlock that they may as well be unlocked from the start.
I suggest playing with some friends as this game is easily an 8/10 with 4 players.

For those of you who have played Mario Wars will feel right at home playing this game since the gameplay is very similar in Gnomz!

Review: Gnomz (WiiWare) - Page 1 WICcpevalvFJXRuXG872PNFFSsYT3pEO

Graphics and Music

The graphics in the game are cute yet detailed and really look polished for a WiiWare title. Character models are detailed and colorful and the levels are beautifully designed and have a clever layout in most cases!
The soundtrack is okay but fails to really fit the hectic gameplay.

Review: Gnomz (WiiWare) - Page 1 Gnomz-game

Bottom Line-This game is a great multiplayer experience despite its flaws with great gameplay beautiful graphics,and creative levels, but the single player experience feels a bit flat and the music isn't that good. So if you want a single player experience you might want to pass on this game, but if you want a fun multiplayer free for all I would say this is a good buy!

Price- 1000 points

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆ 6.8/10

6- Decent This game has flaws or major flaws such as, poor controls, bad gameplay elements, poorly implemented gimmicks, minor sound or graphics issues etc. But can be fun, but not necessarily as fun as you'd hope.

Last edited by Reanfan on October 22nd 2018, 1:49 pm; edited 5 times in total

Review: Gnomz (WiiWare) - Page 1 19654

Review: Gnomz (WiiWare) - Page 1 87457210

Review: Gnomz (WiiWare) - Page 1 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Grumblevolcano
November 11th 2011, 12:44 pmGrumblevolcano
I may consider a purchase if this game happens to get released in my region at some point.
Vespa
November 12th 2011, 6:43 amVespa
I agree with this score. Might have to buy a different game.
NINTENBRO
November 12th 2011, 7:02 amNINTENBRO
Vespa wrote:I agree with this score. Might have to buy a different game.
Yeah, I think I'll have to wait and see what, "2 Fast 4 Gnomz," will end up being like.

Last edited by WiiAboutU on November 13th 2011, 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
GhastlyRockets
November 12th 2011, 12:14 pmGhastlyRockets
It wasn't worth the 1000 point price. It might have been worth it at 700 points Neutral
Navi
November 12th 2011, 3:01 pmNavi
This review just reinforced my lack of interest in Gnömz.
Golden Freiza
November 13th 2011, 12:41 pmGolden Freiza
I think I would rather save my points for La Mulana.
ZezHylia
November 13th 2011, 1:01 pmZezHylia
Sorry but this doesn't sound very fun D:
SKTTR
November 13th 2011, 5:44 pmSKTTR
I still want this. Need a fresh 4 player party game. I have enough people that would play this with me.
Hope it comes out in EU.

Any infos about the next game in the series: 2 FAST 4 GNÖMZ? Sounds like GNÖMZ RACER! Interesting, could this be a racing game?
Bit-Trip
November 15th 2011, 12:45 pmBit-Trip
I don't think it's worth as much as an N64 game....
SheldonTheGenius
November 15th 2011, 4:36 pmSheldonTheGenius
@SKTTR I think 2 Fast 4 Gnömz is going to be a racer.
If this had online multiplayer I would add your FC in an instant.
Gold_Miner
November 15th 2011, 4:46 pmGold_Miner
This review has changed my mind about not wanting this game. Mad
FuManchu
November 30th 2011, 4:58 pmFuManchu
I don't want this. It sounds like rubbish.
PrinnyDood
December 1st 2011, 2:07 pmPrinnyDood
This could be interesting, but I certainly won't pay 1000 points for this Neutral
PhoenixSage
December 9th 2011, 8:58 pmPhoenixSage
I really disagree with this review, this game is awful no matter how many people are playing
I DO NOT recommend this at all Sad
KeAfan7
December 9th 2011, 9:10 pmKeAfan7
What did you dislike about the game? Your opinion matters as well, but you have to explain why you don't like a game so people can understand your viewpoint. Wink
LizofDoom
July 24th 2012, 11:45 amLizofDoom
Good review.
For those who don't know about WiiWareWave's scoring policy read the faq.
A 6.8 here isn't a bad game, but for 1,000 Nintendo points I wouldn't buy this game.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)