Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)April 28th 2024, 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer
Go down
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

Greavard - Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion Empty Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion

September 9th 2022, 2:09 pm
I figured it’s time for the ninth generation games to have their own discussion thread, since we have so much information on them, and they’re… a little over two months away?! Shocked

Holy Karp!!!1!
Shiny Magikarp

Ahem… *clears throat awkwardly* … wh-which version is everyone getting, heheh…? Anime Sweat
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

Greavard - Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion Empty Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion

September 9th 2022, 5:48 pm
@OrionJZed I never decide till after launch since I want to know every single exclusive Pokemon in each version before deciding, however DLC expansions definitely put a level of uncertainty until well after launch. Base Sword has better mon imo, but Shield is better overall after the two expansions were released. Wink

Greavard - Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion 19654

Greavard - Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion 87457210

Greavard - Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

RyanNerdyGamer likes this post

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

Greavard - Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion Empty Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion

September 10th 2022, 3:08 pm
@Pyrafan7 That’s what friends are for! victoryGreavard - Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion 631737971🍰

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

October 12th 2022, 1:35 pm
Ohayō, Iono-chan! Happy

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

October 19th 2022, 1:07 am
Iono-Chan is SO kawaii! 😻

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

October 19th 2022, 11:40 pm
@Rukiafan7 Bellibolt would be perfect in a guacamole-themed Pokémon team! lol!

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

October 25th 2022, 3:00 pm
Behold! The newest Ghost-type Pokémon! victory
Greavard - Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion LM3_Polterpup_artwork
Wait a minute…? scratch

#Greavard
Amufungal
Amufungal
Admin
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

October 26th 2022, 3:09 am
Boover the Ghost Dog. Smile

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

October 26th 2022, 3:54 am
@Amufungal The instant I saw the reveal trailer, I immediately thought of the nickname theme in my Violet playthrough (Mario universe side-characters). If I have a Greavard in my party, I’m gonna name it Polterpup without question. Razz
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

November 18th 2022, 1:03 pm
@OrionJZed @KokorOtaku I've seen some footage of this on Twitch, and my gosh it is SO poorly optimized. What happened Nintendo and Game Freak? Greavard - Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion 1625187496

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

November 18th 2022, 6:20 pm
Idk I haven’t noticed much of the complaints, then again I never really do

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

November 18th 2022, 6:32 pm
@OrionJZed  @KokorOtaku This might be the most hilarious and disturbing bug I've ever seen in a Pokemon title. lol!

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

November 20th 2022, 1:57 pm
Apparently these issues occur more in docked mode, which makes sense since I never play in docked mode

Golden_Toad
Golden_Toad

November 21st 2022, 3:14 pm
@KeAfan7 @KokorOtaku That is some messed up creepy-pasta! dizzy

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

November 22nd 2022, 4:22 pm
The Terastal Raid Battle theme is DEEEEEEEECE! Shocked
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

November 23rd 2022, 2:23 am
How’s everyone finding the Treasure Hunt? Are you doing one story path at a time, or a little of each as you go? Perhaps you’re the kind of player who explores as much of Paldea as you can, catching plenty of Pokémon pals in the process, before even thinking about the main plot?

I’ve taken my usual semi-formulaic approach and thrown in a whole heaping of “just wing it,” coming up with a vague outline of progression through the adventure while leaving room for loads of adaptation and surprises as I go… and it’s actually paying off.

For one, every time I work out a near-precise ideal roster for each party (one for each story path, plus the usual just-for-fun Gym Leader squad and “Little Crew”), a random wild encounter disrupts the entire structure and/or momentum just enough to rework in a wildly different and exciting new direction, including…

• -A full-odds shiny Gyarados appearing out of nowhere during a half-hour grind to catch a Lv. 51 Dratini way before I’d expected to even find one!

• -Trying to evolve a newly-caught Rockruff into Midnight Form Lycanroc, and puzzling over why she didn’t evolve at the minimum level requirement… only to stumble onto the fact she had the Own Tempo ability the whole time without my knowledge!

• -Trying to find another of a certain Grass-type after accidentally OHKOing the first one, and somehow stumbling near a second full-odds shiny - that’s two different shinies in the same playthrough, encountered in the same week - when I realised that “one of those Skiddo looks a bit different from the oth… oooooooooh whoooooooooah waaaaaaaaait a minute what the fracking frack is that another shiny ohboyohboyohboy this is freaking amaziiiiiiiiing!” Shocked

(Yes, that was my actual train of thought, I kid you not…

…‘scuse the pun, heheh. Razz)

As for the Treasure Hunt, I’ve formulated a vague schedule for each leg of the main story, alternating between Gyms, Titans, and Team Star mess-ups like so:

[01] Gym Leader
[02] Team Star
[03] Gym Leader
[04] Titan Pokémon
[05] Team Star
[06] Gym Leader
[07] Titan Pokémon
[08] Gym Leader
[09] Team Star
[10] Titan Pokémon
[11] Gym Leader
[12] Team Star
[13] Gym Leader
[14] Titan Pokémon
[15] Team Star
[16] Gym Leader
[17] Titan Pokémon
[18] Gym Leader

Should I pick up Scarlet at some point, I’ll likely either follow this same outline in reverse order (switching Team Star and Titan Pokémon Badge placements) or follow one story path at a time, whichever takes my fancy.
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

November 24th 2022, 10:24 pm
I’ve chosen “the Solar System” as my nickname theme in Violet, with my Pokémon for each story path having a unique sub-theme: Jupiter and its moons for Victory Road, Saturn and its moons for Path of Legends, Uranus and its moons for Starfall Street, Neptune and its moons for my Fighting-type Gym team, and the inner planets (plus the Sun and Earth’s Moon) for my Little Crew… oh, and a Cyclizar named Jove, who’s the official stand-in for Jupiter (my Miraidon) in battles for the moment. Pikachu

And since Fuecoco’s my starter, it was obvious what his nickname would be… yup, it’s Io, after the first of the Galilean moons. This is (as far as I can remember) the shortest nickname ever given to a Pokémon in a playthrough… well, unless you count the Mystery Dungeon games, in which case that honour goes to Q, my Marowak co-captain in Rescue Team DX. Greavard - Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion 631737971
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 14th 2023, 8:22 pm
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

January 15th 2023, 11:27 pm
@OrionJZed Don't forget to snatch up Greninja while he's temporarily available to catch in Scarlet/Violet. I got a Shiny Fire/Ice type Scorbunny when it was available during its Terra Raid event. Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 16th 2023, 1:05 pm
@KeAfan7 Ooh, yeah… can’t forget about my favourite Kalos starter line (Greninja is first, while Froakie ranks fourth)! Thanks, amigo! Happy

Last edited by OrionJZed on January 16th 2023, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 16th 2023, 1:17 pm
Greavard - Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Discussion 36ea0610

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 16th 2023, 10:43 pm
I really hope Home support comes sooner rather than later so I can transfer my shinies from Go. Also I wonder if the DLC will be Kalos, it is the 10th anniversary of X and Y after all

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 17th 2023, 1:57 am
@KokorOtaku Yes to both. Pikachu
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 19th 2023, 3:36 pm
I’ve started catching duplicates of Pokémon already in my ‘dex in Tera Raid Battles specifically for Surprise Trade, each with a cheesy pun name and thematically hilarious held item to bring a bit of laughter (or a long groan, if they hate pfun).

So far, I’ve found…
  • A Slakoth with an Ice Tera Type named Cryomagnon
  • A Cacnea with an Electric Tera Type named Succulamp
  • A Drifloon with a Fighting Tera Type named Boxygen

Anyone wanna guess the items they’re holding? lol!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)