Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
The Mutant Mudds Developer Talks Wii U And 3DS!

Interview: A Discussion With Jools Watsham From Renegade Kid Renega10

Earlier today we had the chance to talk to Jools Watsham from Renegade Kid about Mutant Mudds, the Wii U, 3DS, and upcoming titles and without further ado here's our interview:

Hello Mr. Watsham thanks for joining us today to answer some of our questions!

[JW]: Thank you for having me!

On a sales standpoint how did Mutant Mudds Deluxe sell on the Wii U eshop?

[JW]: It sold OK on Wii U. The fact that it was a port, and therefore took less time and cost to develop than the original game on 3DS, made it profitable.

Interview: A Discussion With Jools Watsham From Renegade Kid Wiiu_117

Were your 3DS eshop sales of Mutant Mudds noticeably different from the Wii U numbers?

[JW]: Yes, Mutant Mudds sold many more copies on the 3DS.

Has the recent 3DS DLC for Mutant Mudds improved the sales for the game on the platform?

[JW]: We saw a nice spike in sales with the recent free update that added the 20 ghost levels to Mutant Mudds on the 3DS.

Interview: A Discussion With Jools Watsham From Renegade Kid Ninten10

What do you think of Nintendo's policies regarding indie developers?

[JW]: I think they are fine and on par with the other console manufacturers.

Are you satisfied with Nintendo's eshops?

[JW]: Yes, I really enjoy working with the eShop team on our games and I like the eShops both personally and professionally. 

Can you tell us a little more about your current Wii U and 3DS projects that you're working on?

[JW]: Xeodrifter will be our next release, along with the remaining episodes of Moon Chronicles. After than we'll be releasing Treasurenauts. We are hoping all of these games will be released before the end of 2014.

Interview: A Discussion With Jools Watsham From Renegade Kid B7kf3r10

Which major game developer do you feel has had the most influence on the way you design your games?

[JW]: Nintendo.

In the future if you had a AAA budget to spend on developing a single title what kind of game would you like to develop?

[JW]: A 3D platformer.

Do you have any advice that you'd like to share with aspiring game developers out there?

[JW]: The best thing to do is get your hands dirty; very dirty. Just get in there and make something happen. Chances are, your first game will not be as great as you might like it to be, but that is OK. If you treat your first game like it is your last and only game, you'll probably never finish it. 

Interview: A Discussion With Jools Watsham From Renegade Kid Medium19

That's all for today! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer our questions!

[JW]: Thank you very much. It was a pleasure chatting with you.

Hopefully we'll have the pleasure of interviewing you again sometime in the future!

Take care!

What did you think of our interview? Did you learn anything new? Be sure to let us know in our comments below!

Interview: A Discussion With Jools Watsham From Renegade Kid 19654

Interview: A Discussion With Jools Watsham From Renegade Kid 87457210

Interview: A Discussion With Jools Watsham From Renegade Kid Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Aqua Cherry Blossom
August 19th 2014, 8:45 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice interview lol. Smile
I'm looking forward to Treasurenauts!
Ms_Kinomoto
Um...nice interview Smile
Um...Treasurenauts looks so fun! Smile
Himawari Chan
Great interview!
The interviews are my favorite WiiWareWave features. Smile
Staroceancrazy
Awesome interview Exclamation
Mutant Mudds FTW! Very Happy
KeAfan7
Thanks for the comments! Hopefully activity will pick back up soon. Wink
Anime_Gurl
I always love to read your interviews with developers Rukiafan! ^.^
Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 30th 2014, 2:39 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Anime_Gurl wrote:I always love to read your interviews with developers Rukiafan! ^.^
I feel the same way lol. Smile
Talesfanatic
Awesome interview!

Xiao Pai wrote:Nice interview lol. Smile
I'm looking forward to Treasurenauts!

Treasurenauts FTW! Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)