Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
What was the last game you beat?Today at 10:01 pmKeAfan7What Have You Been Playing Lately?July 19th 2024, 10:17 pmKokorOtakuYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)July 19th 2024, 10:14 pmKokorOtakuNews: Two HUGE NSO Updates Have Dropped This Month With A Whopping 10 Games In-Total!!July 13th 2024, 1:45 pmKokorOtakuThe Legend of Zelda Creative Designs TopicJuly 1st 2024, 12:18 pmStaroceancrazy

New Super Mario Bros. 2 discussion

+22
sdw4527
Staroceancrazy
DarkGeon
Komicturtle
christicehurst
Chaos Emeralds
Tasuki
Clαππαd
KokorOtaku
Yakko
ToughGamer
KeAfan7
Sneaker
Amufungal
Tech101
Marioman18
PhoenixSage
SkywardL
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Supertimbros
Zatchbell
Megatron2000
26 posters
Go down
Amufungal
Amufungal
Admin
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

New Super Mario Bros. 2 discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 discussion

August 22nd 2012, 6:35 pm
This conversation is starting to get heated Surprised
Is anyone else experiencing the co-op lag too?

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

New Super Mario Bros. 2 discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 discussion

August 22nd 2012, 6:39 pm
No I didn't experience any lag in co-op

Admin
Super Coinage!

August 22nd 2012, 6:43 pm
My framerate drops down to like 10fps if not lower it's really bad Sad

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.
SuperVash
SuperVash

August 26th 2012, 12:22 pm
Why is New Super Mario Bros. 2 so much shorter than the other 2 New Super Mario Bros. games?

New Super Mario Bros. 2 discussion - Page 2 FunnyTrigun2_zps9016bff1
Tasuki
Tasuki

August 29th 2012, 9:14 pm
SuperVash wrote:Why is New Super Mario Bros. 2 so much shorter than the other 2 New Super Mario Bros. games?

Short is a relative term. If you are talking about the normal game play just rescuing the princess at the end than yes its short. What makes it long is the replayabilty factor this game has. There is the secret worlds the million coin goal and of course the coin rush mode. Honestly this game's main goal isn't to rescue the princess its to gather coins, so if you didn't do that than you are missing a big part of the game.

Anyway I have a quick question here does anyone know why when you beat a level sometimes a winged gold brick appears on the map screen flying above the level you just beat?
Anonymous

August 29th 2012, 9:22 pm
Isn't that an indicator that you've perfectly completed a level and found all of the secrets in that level?
Tasuki
Tasuki

August 29th 2012, 9:49 pm
Kushina wrote:Isn't that an indicator that you've perfectly completed a level and found all of the secrets in that level?

No I doubt that cause I have got that on levels I know I didn't find everything. I know that if you replay the level there will be a flying gold brick that will be near the beginning of the level and when you grab it you get that Gold Brick helmet hat thing that spits out coins, but I was wondering what makes it appear.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

August 29th 2012, 10:17 pm
It seems to have something to do with your total coin count, much like the ghost ship in Super Mario Bros. 3, but I haven't figured out exactly which digit is the key to activating the coin block helmet.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 discussion - Page 2 19654

New Super Mario Bros. 2 discussion - Page 2 87457210

New Super Mario Bros. 2 discussion - Page 2 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Tasuki
Tasuki

August 29th 2012, 10:38 pm
Rukiafan wrote:It seems to have something to do with your total coin count, much like the ghost ship in Super Mario Bros. 3, but I haven't figured out exactly which digit is the key to activating the coin block helmet.

Thats what I figured something like the coin ship or N card game in SMB3. I haven't figured it out either but I was hoping someone did. Well if I do I will let you know.
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

August 30th 2012, 3:11 am
Well, I downloaded NSMB2 this afternoon. I'm loving it so far! Wink

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

August 30th 2012, 8:19 am
You get a reward for getting 9,999,999 coins as well

September 1st 2012, 7:28 pm
When do you think the dlc will be available?

Memorable Yu-Yu-Hakusho Quotes #2

Yusuke Urameshi: [to the Captain] If you even think about stopping me, I'll bite off your head mustache and all!
SDF Captain: I knew you couldn't hide your true character, you've transformed into a demon menace!
Yusuke Urameshi: Look jerk, give me a break, it's called a running joke!
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

September 1st 2012, 7:33 pm
I bet it'll come out in a month because they said the DLC wasn't ready by the time of release

September 1st 2012, 8:55 pm
How many coins has everyone collected?

Mario's triple jump in Super mario 64
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

September 1st 2012, 10:11 pm
Nearly 25,000 if I recall correctly.

Tasuki
Tasuki

September 2nd 2012, 12:05 am
GamerZack wrote:Nearly 25,000 if I recall correctly.

Yep that's where I am around too.
Aussiegamer
Aussiegamer

September 2nd 2012, 4:12 am
58,000 coins and counting! :-D
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

September 2nd 2012, 7:57 am
480,000. Man it'll take forever to get 9,999,999 coins

September 2nd 2012, 2:40 pm
690,000 coins.
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

September 2nd 2012, 5:36 pm
I didn't really like NSMB on Wii very much, so at first I wasn't very interested in this game. After I watched a few gameplay videos, I'm actually considering to purchase a copy.

Admin

September 8th 2012, 5:22 pm
I have waited with my opinion of this game till I have finished it. I'm very disappointed even though I really enjoyed it. I was great to play, with perfect controls, it looks great (apart from a weird and rather pointless 3D effect) and it is just a lot of fun to play. Now my reasons why I'm disappointed.

1) The biggest problem I have is that Nintendo has become really lazy with this game. It is basically the same game that was released on the DS, the Wii and that will be released on the Wii U (from what I've seen). It is still fun, and it sells like crazy, but it's the same game we have seen before with the other three games in the serie. Apart from a few gameplay tweaks.

2) That brings me to my next point. The main gimmick in this game is the collection of coins. We need to get as many as possible. Why? There has been no explanation at all. The Mario games haven't been heavy on the story side in general. But if the main gimmick is to collect as many coins as possible. Then why wouldn't you give us an explanation why. Because it influence the game in a big way.

3) The game is extremely easy. I never had any challenge. The bosses were easy, Bowser is a joke and Dry Bowser is not that much harder. The only thing that brought any challenge is trying to get the hidden coins and all the secret exits and levels. It is not just the lack of difficulty that makes this game so easy. There is no penalty for death. There are levels in which I can easily gather 1000 coins. Which means 10 lives in a level. It's ridiculious. I currently have 722 lives and the game wants me to get 999 just to get that extra star on my profile. Yet I'm not even near the million coins (around 95.000).

4) Which brings me to the replay aspect. I really see no reason to continue playing this game. The only thing left is getting to the million coins. The fastest way to get there is to play the same level over and over and over again which gives me the most coins. I don't think I would get any pleasure out of that. And for what? A different title screen. And they even want you to get one coin shy from the 10 million for yet another title screen. Since they don't motivate you in doing so, the only ones that are going to get that are people without a life or without any other games.

So even though I really enjoyed it, it is just too lazy and too easy. I regret paying 40 Euro's for it. I think 25 Euro's would be a much better price.
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

September 8th 2012, 6:05 pm
Yeah the reward isn't so appealing, but I'm a crazy compleatest and will go for the 9,999,999 goal Very Happy

Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

September 8th 2012, 7:56 pm
Sneaker wrote:And for what? A different title screen. And they even want you to get one coin shy from the 10 million for yet another title screen.
SPOILER ALERT!! Surprised

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

September 19th 2012, 10:26 pm
I've obtained 785,000 coins and counting! king

Marioman18
Marioman18

September 19th 2012, 11:17 pm
That's quite a few coins Rukiafan Surprised

New Super Mario Bros. 2 discussion - Page 2 Pbucket
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

September 19th 2012, 11:47 pm
Thanks for the impressions Sneaker. Now I don't feel so bad about not being able to afford a copy.

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

September 20th 2012, 10:47 am
The retail copy is too expensive to warrant a purchase, but the price for the eshop download is okay. Wink

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)