Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 5:27 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Gyrostarr is a great (Shmup) genre game that plays alot like a modern version of the classic arcade game Tempest.

In this fast paced game you must collect orbs that boost your score and fill up a meter on the top of the screen. This meter must be filled most of the way by the end of the level or you will lose. You also have to avoid or destroy enemies in your path.

The game starts off easy but gets a little harder bit by bit as you progress through the games stages and it gets really hard in the last 10-15 stages. Each of the 50 stages has a bonus stage that can only be accessed if the orb meter is completely filled.

Gyrostarr has breath-taking graphics that makes it look like a retail Gamecube game and amazingly has little in the way of slowdown or lag. This game also features an excellent high tempo soundtrack that sets the mood for all of the speed and action seen in the game.

Bottom line: Gyrostarr is an awesome "Tempest" style shmup that has a massive amount of stages, top-notch graphics and an excellent soundtrack. And it's only 700 Wii Points,  making this game one of the best deals you'll find on the WiiWare service.

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 9.6/10

9- Awesome This game has little in the way of flaws, and is a highly enjoyable experience.
Attachments
Review: Gyrostarr (WiiWare) Attachment
gyrostarr.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(15 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by Reanfan on October 22nd 2018, 1:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

Review: Gyrostarr (WiiWare) 19654

Review: Gyrostarr (WiiWare) 87457210

Review: Gyrostarr (WiiWare) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

H_Bogart32
May 14th 2011, 2:05 pmH_Bogart32
It sounds quite fun,I think that I'll download this game sometime soon Wink

Nice review Rukiafan =)
Marioman18
August 13th 2011, 1:50 pmMarioman18
So this is similar to tempest?
I really want this now,I think I'll get this today so I don't take a chance of it being removed from the wii shop
FuManchu
August 13th 2011, 3:27 pmFuManchu
Nice review Rukiafan
NINTENBRO
February 22nd 2012, 9:52 pmNINTENBRO
In all sincerity, is this WiiWare title truly worthy of such a superior score? scratch
KeAfan7
February 23rd 2012, 12:46 amKeAfan7
I think so, either that or there was something strange in my water supply on that day. Laughing
KingreX32
February 23rd 2012, 9:11 amKingreX32
I gave it a 5.8 in my review
I wasnt really a big fan of it.
KeAfan7
February 23rd 2012, 12:42 pmKeAfan7
Good review btw, yeah I just tried it again and my thoughts were much different this time around, I would say a 7/10 would be more accurate now that my fandom has eased up, and I have come to my senses. Laughing
Marth
February 23rd 2012, 3:05 pmMarth
Wow, highest scoring review of this game I've read so far. Well, until you changed your opinion just now in the above comment. Razz Still looks like a good game, but I'm gonna refrain from buying WiiWare until the WiiU comes.
Staroceancrazy
February 23rd 2012, 3:56 pmStaroceancrazy
@Yoshi I would still buy any vc and Wiiware games you want since you do not know when they will be removed Neutral
Marth
February 24th 2012, 2:24 amMarth
Didn't think of that, good idea since so many things are getting removed lately. I was going to save them for a potential drought, but since it's not like the prices are going to drop, may as well get them now. Whoops, going off topic now.
Chrono_Cross
February 24th 2012, 10:03 pmChrono_Cross
Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted my review of this crud on my Tumblr. I honestly don't know why anyone would give this above a 6. No content to be seen whatsoever.

No online, leaderboards are offline only, co-op sucks, repetitive game play, dull music, and choppy, boring textures.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)