Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 5:27 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bon Voyage!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

News: Nintendo Has Officially Shutdown The Wii U & 3DS eShops. 3ds-wi10

It's official! As of 45 minutes ago "at the time this article was written" The eShops on the Nintendo Wii U and 3DS were shutdown permanently. You'll still be able to access and redownload your previous digital purchases, however making new purchases including free apps and demos are no longer possible on the last-gen consoles. This includes the asset files for Xenoblade Chronicles X that reduced pop-in and loading times for physical copies of the game which are notoriously bad without said files.

What do you think of the closures and did you make any last-minute purchases today ahead of the shutdown? As always be sure to let us know in our comments section below!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#News #WiiU #3DS #eShops #DigitalPurchases #Shutdown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

News: Nintendo Has Officially Shutdown The Wii U & 3DS eShops. 19654

News: Nintendo Has Officially Shutdown The Wii U & 3DS eShops. 87457210

News: Nintendo Has Officially Shutdown The Wii U & 3DS eShops. Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

TheGingerDoctor and SunDownSamurai like this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
@OrionJZed @KokorOtaku @SunDownSamurai You haz been summoned!

YNews: Nintendo Has Officially Shutdown The Wii U & 3DS eShops. 200.gif?cid=c38ef77ehrohn6iiz4nfpno0lk1prvbr4r4tiykjm762rksg&rid=200

TheGingerDoctor and SunDownSamurai like this post

SunDownSamurai
I think there's a really good chance that Nintendo already has an "HD Definitive" version of Xenoblade Chronicles X in the works. But it is still another somber day that was sadly inevitable. I still remember the day Nintendo shutdown internet connectivity features for the Nintendo Wii, and I was no longer able to communicate privately with all of my Nintendo gaming friends on the Wii Message Board. And then Nintendo sadly had to bring Swapnote to an abrupt end on the N3DS not too long after that, so then I couldn't communicate with any of my gaming buddies at all anymore other than social activities on MiiVerse. I wish the Nintendo Switch had some type of alternative social networking feature available, and I'm beginning to wonder if Nintendo will ever revisit the integration of something similar in the future someday.  busy

KeAfan7 and TheGingerDoctor like this post

KokorOtaku
I just want one glimmer of hope, by having Nintendo announce a port of an eShop only title to Switch, such as Pushmo or Dillons Rolling Western, so that we know they arnt gone for good. PS I do own them on 3DS so that’s not a problem but still would be nice to see them have modern ports

TheGingerDoctor likes this post

TheGingerDoctor
@SunDownSamurai: They did a “sequel” to Swapnote that was still active when I had my previous console. Wink

@KokorOtaku: Those would be a welcome addition to the Switch eShop, possibly as collections. The Dillon Trilogy (or “Dillogy”) could even offer a few new control methods, with vertical touch controls for those who actually got a handle on the totes-not-Sonic’s-Spin-Dash technique. sonic

@KeAfan7:
News: Nintendo Has Officially Shutdown The Wii U & 3DS eShops. 08342c10
(I bought a few things in the Switch eShop)

SunDownSamurai likes this post

SunDownSamurai
OrionJZed wrote:@SunDownSamurai: They did a “sequel” to Swapnote that was still active when I had my previous console. Wink

Yeah, I found out about that yesterday when I was looking into things on Google Chrome. But thank you for informing me. I could never afford to buy a new "NEW 3DSXL," or a refurbished one for that matter, and I'm more interested in expanding my Nintendo Switch collection of games, hardware, accessories, and multiple OLED consoles as well.

TheGingerDoctor likes this post

TheGingerDoctor
@SunDownSamurai All good… Anime Sweat

SunDownSamurai likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)