Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
SKTTR
SKTTR
Admin

The Nintendo Switch, formerly known as Nintendo NX, has been revealed today, the 20th October 2016.

The confirmed games shown in the first-ever trailer above are:

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition from Bethesda Softworks

- Mario Kart 9 (with King Boo as a playable character, and 2 item slots)

- NBA Basketball

- New 3D Super Mario

- Splatoon 2

Nintendo Switch - Page 1 CvN3Q4xW8AAEdc5

The Nintendo Switch is a high-end hybrid-system that combines home-console and handheld.

It will connect to a television when resting in the Nintendo Switch Dock, and when lifted out of the dock, will "instantly transition to portable mode," according to Nintendo. The unit offers a "high-definition display," and features two detachable Joy-Con controllers, one on either side. Each Joy-Con controller can be slotted into an accessory called the Joy-Con Grip to "[mirror] a more traditional controller." The console will also support a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to be used instead of the detachable Joy-Con units. (Polygon)

Nintendo Switch - Page 1 CvOAnXIUsAA7d5m

Nintendo Switch is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards.

It will launch in March 2017.

Last edited by SKTTR on October 21st 2016, 3:18 pm; edited 15 times in total
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
October 23rd 2016, 11:49 amKokorOtaku
@Zack the problem with that is the WiiU has nothing announced for the coming year... I really want to play my current WiiU library on the go without having to rebuy. Mario Maker and Woolly world shouldnt have come to 3DS, instead shouldve SWITCHED to the Switch via digital transfer
TheGingerDoctor
October 23rd 2016, 2:41 pmTheGingerDoctor
Minato wrote:the WiiU has nothing announced for the coming year...
Except Breath of the Wild, and there could be other currently-unannounced titles. Nintendo Switch - Page 1 631737971
Sneaker
October 23rd 2016, 4:20 pmSneaker
I'm very excited about the switch. Nintendo nailed it with the trailer. It's very clear what the Switch is and what it will do. I was very confused after the WiiU trailer, but the Switch is very clear and it looks like a great device. Can't wait for more information though because I've got so many questions. But I'm looking forward to it.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)