Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SKTTR
SKTTR
Admin

The Nintendo Switch, formerly known as Nintendo NX, has been revealed today, the 20th October 2016.

The confirmed games shown in the first-ever trailer above are:

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition from Bethesda Softworks

- Mario Kart 9 (with King Boo as a playable character, and 2 item slots)

- NBA Basketball

- New 3D Super Mario

- Splatoon 2

Nintendo Switch CvN3Q4xW8AAEdc5

The Nintendo Switch is a high-end hybrid-system that combines home-console and handheld.

It will connect to a television when resting in the Nintendo Switch Dock, and when lifted out of the dock, will "instantly transition to portable mode," according to Nintendo. The unit offers a "high-definition display," and features two detachable Joy-Con controllers, one on either side. Each Joy-Con controller can be slotted into an accessory called the Joy-Con Grip to "[mirror] a more traditional controller." The console will also support a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to be used instead of the detachable Joy-Con units. (Polygon)

Nintendo Switch CvOAnXIUsAA7d5m

Nintendo Switch is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards.

It will launch in March 2017.

Last edited by SKTTR on October 21st 2016, 3:18 pm; edited 15 times in total
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

SKTTR
October 20th 2016, 9:02 amSKTTR
Nintendo Switch CvN9phkWEAAcTqb
Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
SKTTR
October 20th 2016, 12:31 pmSKTTR
Nintendo Switch Partners
Nintendo Switch NintendoSwitch_Partners

505 Games
Activision Publishing, Inc.
ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.
ATLUS CO., LTD.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
Bethesda Softworks
CAPCOM CO., LTD.

Codemasters®
Electronic Arts
FromSoftware, Inc.
Frozenbyte
GameTrust
GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC.
Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.
HAMSTER Corporation

INTI CREATES CO., LTD.
KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
LEVEL-5 Inc.
Marvelous Inc.
Maximum Games, LLC
Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.

Parity Bit Inc.
PlatinumGames Inc.
SEGA Games Co., Ltd.
Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
Starbreeze Studios

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Telltale Games
THQ Nordic
Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
TT Games
UBISOFT
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

RecoChoku Co., Ltd.
Wwise / Audiokinetic Inc.
Autodesk, Inc.
CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
DeNA Co., Ltd.
Epic Games Inc.
FMOD / Firelight Technologies

Havok
RAD Game Tools, Inc.
Silicon Studio Corporation
Ubitus Inc.
Unity Technologies, Inc.
Web Technology Corp

These are just some of the partners.

More confirmed ones:

Creatures Inc.
GameFreak Inc.
HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Image & Form Games
Intelligent Systems
Monolithsoft
Shin'en Multimedia GmbH
RyanNerdyGamer
October 20th 2016, 2:03 pmRyanNerdyGamer
My thoughts summed-up in a sequence of emojis: Surprised Happy Love
Ragnarok
October 20th 2016, 8:42 pmRagnarok
I didn't like what I saw from the trailer, but more third party support is nice. It comes down to cost for me. If it's more expensive than PS4 Pro or Xbox Scorpion then I'll pass.
KeAfan7
October 20th 2016, 9:01 pmKeAfan7
@SKTTR Sorry for my lack of presence here, but I can hardly do squat on my Wii U browser since our web-host messed things up here...Crying or Very sad
KokorOtaku
October 20th 2016, 10:53 pmKokorOtaku
please allow playback of WiiU and 3DS eShop downloads as well.... Its not stopping me from buying it, but I really just want all Nintendo titles from the past 35 years available on one platform and hopefully not have to rebuy certain WiiU games AGAIN just to have the "best" version, I'll gladly pay DLC, but not $60 again
KeAfan7
October 21st 2016, 2:15 pmKeAfan7
@SKTTR Thanks for writing this article up! I really appreciate your support of our website! Wink
KokorOtaku
October 22nd 2016, 9:23 pmKokorOtaku
I'm looking forward to the switch, but am concerned that my current games library wont be able to SWITCH over like it did from DSi to 3DS or WiiWare to WiiU Sad
RyanNerdyGamer
October 23rd 2016, 2:50 amRyanNerdyGamer
@Minato But didn't Nintendo state that the Switch is intended to be a third platform alongside the 3DS and Wii U? Personally, I hadn't expected it to have the exact same titles as the other two consoles, and I'm perfectly fine with it being its own thing rather than a replacement.
KokorOtaku
October 23rd 2016, 11:49 amKokorOtaku
@Zack the problem with that is the WiiU has nothing announced for the coming year... I really want to play my current WiiU library on the go without having to rebuy. Mario Maker and Woolly world shouldnt have come to 3DS, instead shouldve SWITCHED to the Switch via digital transfer
RyanNerdyGamer
October 23rd 2016, 2:41 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Minato wrote:the WiiU has nothing announced for the coming year...
Except Breath of the Wild, and there could be other currently-unannounced titles. Nintendo Switch 631737971
Sneaker
October 23rd 2016, 4:20 pmSneaker
I'm very excited about the switch. Nintendo nailed it with the trailer. It's very clear what the Switch is and what it will do. I was very confused after the WiiU trailer, but the Switch is very clear and it looks like a great device. Can't wait for more information though because I've got so many questions. But I'm looking forward to it.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)