Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)April 28th 2024, 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
A Giant In A Little Kingdom!

Review: A World of Keflings (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_s19

Developed and published by Ninjabee games A World of Keflings is a simulation game that was originally released on XBLA for the Xbox 360. You are a giant that has been freed from an icy tomb by Keflings which are tiny people who you will help build and expand their kingdom! Does this unique game provide gamers with an enjoyable experience? Keep reading to find out!

The story is relatively straightforward and simple as the Keflings save you and you repay them by helping them build their Kingdoms. You get to play as your Mii character which is a really neat touch since most third parties don't utilize this feature! You must issue orders to Keflings to help you out by giving them a specific job such as a material gatherer or miner! The Keflings will become more proficient as they level up over time. You also have to help the Keflings as various issues come up such as scaring dragons away from buildings which is a cool thing to do, but honestly doesn't add much to the game. Occasionally after building key structures or completing tasks that you've been given you'll receive blueprints for new structures! This game isn't all that challenging, but you can easily get lost in a Zen-like state of proficiency while playing the game so it might actually take a half an hour or so before you really start getting into the game, but once you do it can be hard to stop!

Review: A World of Keflings (Wii U eshop) World-10

The main campaign is quite short, maybe 10-15 hours at the most, but luckily the dlc campaigns add an additional 10-15 hours to the game as well as new scenarios and harder challenges! These dlc campaigns are free as they come as part of the game in the Wii U version and they really add alot to the base-game so the long wait for the game to release on the Wii U eshop doesn't feel so bad, since it allowed Ninjabee games to give us the dlc from the other versions of the game for free!

The Gamepad acts as a map, navigation menu, and has other useful functions. The asymmetric use of the Gamepad is better than even what most first party games provide, however the lack of Off-TV Play is somewhat disappointing, but at least the Gamepad is put to good use in other aspects! The controls are simple and smooth so nobody should have any difficulties learning the controls for this game!

Review: A World of Keflings (Wii U eshop) A_worl10

The graphics in the game are quite nice as the characters and buildings are nicely detailed and the world itself is in beautiful HD with excellent lighting and special effects, while the audio is exceptional with plenty of detailed sound effects A World of Keflings doesn't disappoint with its presentation!

Bottom-Line:

With superb gameplay, a huge amount of content, excellent controls, great use of the Gamepad, and an incredible audio-visual presentation, A World of Keflings is a game that every Wii U owner should download! The only downside to this game is the lack of Off-TV Play, but that's not much of an issue given the fact that the developer put the Gamepad to good use in other ways!

Price: $9.99

Score:

★★★★★★★★★☆ 9/10

Review: A World of Keflings (Wii U eshop) 19654

Review: A World of Keflings (Wii U eshop) 87457210

Review: A World of Keflings (Wii U eshop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
December 7th 2014, 1:40 pmKeAfan7
Our review is now live! Wink
Navi
December 7th 2014, 2:31 pmNavi
This might be one of my next downloads. Nice review Rukiafan!
SheldonTheGenius
December 7th 2014, 5:37 pmSheldonTheGenius
What an awful review! Bazinga I kid, great review Rukiafan!
ShanaNoShakugan
December 7th 2014, 5:46 pmShanaNoShakugan
Such nice review. Smile
Clαππαd
December 7th 2014, 6:07 pmClαππαd
Nice review once again boss. Smile
Kung-fu Pikachu
December 7th 2014, 8:45 pmKung-fu Pikachu
Great review, it's a shame that this game probably won't be released in my region. Sad
SKTTR
December 7th 2014, 10:12 pmSKTTR
I think this was available on XBLive in Europe. I really hope the Wii U version comes to Europe as well.

I heard it has some bugs though, so maybe/hopefully they fix it before they release in PAL regions.
KeAfan7
December 7th 2014, 10:25 pmKeAfan7
SKTTR wrote:I think this was available on XBLive in Europe. I really hope the Wii U version comes to Europe as well.

I heard it has some bugs though, so maybe/hopefully they fix it before they release in PAL regions.
I didn't run across any bugs during my playthrough so I don't think the bugs will be an issue for most people. Wink
Aqua Cherry Blossom
December 9th 2014, 8:20 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile
Staroceancrazy
December 9th 2014, 9:54 pmStaroceancrazy
This is an awesome game Exclamation
Awesome review @Rukiafan! Very Happy
Objection Blaster
December 10th 2014, 9:15 pmObjection Blaster
Rukiafan wrote:
SKTTR wrote:I think this was available on XBLive in Europe. I really hope the Wii U version comes to Europe as well.

I didn't run across any bugs during my playthrough so I don't think the bugs will be an issue for most people. Wink
Yeah, the bugs aren't very noticeable at all on the Wii U port.
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
February 20th 2016, 5:19 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
Awesome review @Ichigofan!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)