Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written By: KingreX32

Next Level games Announces that they will Work Exclusively with Nintendo Next-Level-Games_zps3f85d8d4

Based in Vancouver British Columbia Next Level Games was founded in 2002, for its work they have been featured in Maclean’s Magazine and named one of Canada’s top 100 employers. Although they have developed titles for other platforms it’s their titles developed for Nintendo Consoles (Mario Strikers Charged, Punch Out, Luigi's Mansion Dark moon) for which have received high acclaim.

In an Interview with Gamasurtra Next Level Games Co-Founder Jason Carr and Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon Producer Ken Yeeloy stated that they had reached a deal with Nintendo to become a Second party Developer. When asked the question “Have you thought about working with anybody else?” Jason Carr stated…

“We have worked with a lot of other companies before, and we're super happy with our relationship with Nintendo. There's no reason to look anywhere else. They keep giving us better and better IP to work with, and as long as we do our job and make good games for them there's no reason for us to venture out.

Because we're still a small shop. We're under 70 people. We like that size. For us, we're like, why would you want to go and talk with these other guys? What's it doing for your business? The guys in the company are just really, really proud of the company and proud of the games they work on.”

As a Second party Developer Next Level Games will be able to take Development Contracts from Nintendo while still being able to maintain their independence. With this arrangement the games they develop with be exclusive to Nintendo platforms. Game freak is a good example of another one of Nintendo’s Second party Developers.

Before become a Developer for Nintendo Next Level games made great games, now with the resources and backing of a gaming giant we can expect them to make even better titles than before.  Here’s to a good long partnership between these two.
You can read the full interview here..

Source

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Next Level games Announces that they will Work Exclusively with Nintendo Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

ToughGamer
Nintendo needs more second party developers now that almost every third party has left. This is a good start.
Amufungal
Next Level games are fantastic developers so this is welcome news to hear Smile
KingreX32
Im excited to see what games they are going to develop.
KokorOtaku
Punch-out!! U, Strikers U, or something new they are one of the few western game companies I like. (Retro, Monster of course as well)
KeAfan7
I'm hoping for a new IP for the Wii U myself, preferably not a platformer since the Wii U already has a ton of games in that genre. Wink
TheGingerDoctor
Woo! More second-party support for the win! cheers
Link_i_am
GamerZack7 wrote:Woo! More second-party support for the win! cheers
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)