Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Will The WiiU Make Your Money Vanish?

UPDATE: Nintendo: Wii U Games WILL NOT cost $100 ! WiiUGamePrices

Several retail stores have listed the confirmed North American WiiU games with a staggering suggested retail price of $100!. Nintendo denies the retailers claims stating that these prices are purely "fictitious"

If WiiU games turn out to be this expensive, how will this affect your opinions about the WiiU? Will you purchase the upcoming console?

Authors Comments: I think this is more false information the competition has spread to hurt Nintendo yet again, however this is just my opinion NOT A FACT as such it shouldn't be taken too seriously.

UPDATE: Actually, no it won't cost $100/game! The prices are just fictitious! According to a statement Nintendo themselves made:

"Retailers are beginning their presale activity, but given there is no official software price, they are using fictitious prices. When software pricing is officially announced later this year, I am sure retailers will adjust their websites to reflect the true price."

In other words, the prices are just placeholders... but jeez, don't the retail stores think that the placeholder prices are unrealistic?

Source: GoNintendo

UPDATE: Nintendo: Wii U Games WILL NOT cost $100 ! 19654

UPDATE: Nintendo: Wii U Games WILL NOT cost $100 ! 87457210

UPDATE: Nintendo: Wii U Games WILL NOT cost $100 ! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
This article needs a pic. Wink
gamerace
It's merely a placeholder price. Retailers don't know if the games will retail for 69.99, 59.99, 49.99... so they've just put this is, as an obvious fake price until the MSRP for these games are released.

Placeholder dates (usually end of fiscal period) are also common on such sites.

I pre-ordered Project Zero 2 back in March with such placeholder price/dates off hut.com and once the actual price/date was released the pre-order was adjusted accordingly.
Anonymous
I hope the price won't be that high.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
June 26th 2012, 12:58 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
The WiiU will fail if this rumour is true.
RoboYoshi
OMG that is expensive Prinny
Staroceancrazy
June 26th 2012, 1:56 pmStaroceancrazy
This better not be true Evil or Very Mad
Chickgoboom
There is no way I'll pay $100 per game. Sad
ZezHylia
This would be worse than the 3DS fiasco. D:
ShounenMania
June 26th 2012, 6:33 pmShounenMania
There is no way Nintendo would do something this bad after the 3DS disaster. UPDATE: Nintendo: Wii U Games WILL NOT cost $100 ! 631737971
KingreX32
wowsers.
Jnes5
UPDATE ! It was confirmed by Nintendo that those prices are not real !
christicehurst
June 26th 2012, 7:25 pmchristicehurst
Sadly in Australia this likely to be true
KeAfan7
Why are games so expensive in Australia?
christicehurst
June 26th 2012, 8:24 pmchristicehurst
Because they can rip us off easily. The Government is finally imvestigating into it and hopefully the prices come down as a result
KingreX32
Thats good to hear.
NINTENBRO
Hmmm... christicehurst, I was informed by Aussiegamer that the higher prices in Australia are due to Australia's average annual income being that of a $100,000, but I was always led to believe it was due to importation costs.
KeAfan7
I don't know about $100,000, but Australians make more than Americans from what I've heard.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)