Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 5:27 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor

Total Votes : 8          

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Staying Old-School!

photo 132_zps1cc024aa.jpg

Nintendo has always taken an old-school approach when it comes to their multiplayer titles, focusing on local co-op and rarely releasing dlc for their first party titles and it looks like Super Mario 3D World will be no different as the game's producer Yoshiaki Koizuma has stated that DLC is unlikely to be released for Mario's latest 3D adventure.

Nintendo has proven that playing together with real-life friends is indeed more fun than playing online, but what about people who don't have any friends that share their passion for playing video games? And is DLC important to enhance games so they remain fresh and enjoyable or do you think that as long as the game has enough content and is fun that it doesn't need DLC? Let us know in our comments and poll!

News Editor's Take: I for one think that as long a game is fun as it is and has great local multiplayer and single player modes that DLC and online multiplayer isn't necessary except for games such as Mario Kart and Monster Hunter that heavily emphasize on multiplayer elements, but I'd like to know what our community thinks so be sure to answer the two questions in our first official news poll!

Yoshiaki Koizuma Says: Super Mario 3D World DLC Is Unlikely 19654

Yoshiaki Koizuma Says: Super Mario 3D World DLC Is Unlikely 87457210

Yoshiaki Koizuma Says: Super Mario 3D World DLC Is Unlikely Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Navi
I'm not much of a fan of online multiplayer, but dlc can be good if done right e.g. not already on the disc, not required to finish the game, etcetera, etcetera.
Super Mario 3D World will be good, but I doubt it'll be as great as the Galaxy games, though I hope I'll be proven wrong.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
November 6th 2013, 1:01 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Just as long as the local multiplayer is fun and the game isn't shorter than Super Mario 3D Land I will be a happy gamer lol. Smile
Inoue79
I'm fine with this. I can't wait until Friday! Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)